Bees?

• Do you think that this game will have a lot of potential in terms of being a genuinely funny game at times? Of course its fun to have some serious moments and cool armor but do you think after release the team might add in funny armor or quests or do you think the game will remain relatively serious?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Who needs funny armour or beer Bees to have a fun time in ANY game?

Based on the meme in this post I have hope for some suprises ingame in a later stadium.

I actually prefer that "funny armors" are never introduced to Fractured.

Perhaps only temporary ones, and tied to specific events. But never permament ones.

The moment i see characters running around with horse head masks and pink pijamas, i'll know end is just behind the corner.

(Just how i personaly feel about "funny costumes")

Bees? What bees?

@AConfusedBear

if i see anything remotely close to Tera cosmetics, i'm out.

Bro when you see the undead fire breathing pigeons that multiply when killed you'll see funny

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Don't think the tone set so far would imply so.

@Gothix said in Bees?:

Perhaps only temporary ones, and tied to specific events. But never permament ones.

The moment i see characters running around with horse head masks and pink pijamas, i'll know end is just behind the corner.

ummm... but Gothix... you can already wear animal heads in fractured... 😮

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Xzait said in Bees?:

@Gothix said in Bees?:

ummm... but Gothix... you can already wear animal heads in fractured... 😮

Just not pink PJs. I honestly think that was a bad example of something rather important to many people. Where some games are full on insane/ridiculous with what cosmetics are around (and that is fine), that does not mean others need to do the same. In fact, there are many people who dislike such things.

It is an interesting dilemma, since people want to express themselves in ways others wish to filter out (and sometimes quite justifiably so).

I wouldn't mind for 1 day a year, like April Fools, where 'modern' style cosmetics are in the game.

@Pwnstar said in Bees?:

Bees? What bees?

I was thinking the same.. Perhaps:
    bee

• @AConfusedBear said in Bees?:

Do you think that this game will have a lot of potential in terms of being a genuinely funny game at times? Of course its fun to have some serious moments and cool armor but do you think after release the team might add in funny armor or quests or do you think the game will remain relatively serious?

why so serious

In WoW for example, I mostly skipped all this kind of funny stuff, so I am not personally that much interested. However, I do not mind if the game has some funny stuff if majority of the playerbase likes those. I just hope I am not forced to be part of that kind of things if I do not want to. 😉

@Tuoni said in Bees?:

In WoW for example, I mostly skipped all this kind of funny stuff, so I am not personally that much interested. However, I do not mind if the game has some funny stuff if majority of the playerbase likes those. I just hope I am not forced to be part of that kind of things if I do not want to. 😉

i-had-fun-once-it-was-awful-who-thinks-the-57686893.png

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't mind it, so long as it doesn't over-saturate the market and limit our choices to mainly joke armors.

I understand designing a bunch of drab looking, realistic animal hide armor and medieval style armor can be one-note at times since they all eventually just blend together so I'd understand if they want to take some artistic liberties in designing more fun sets.

If client had an ability to render that cosmetic part of an outfit only on "client side" so people that don't want to walk into town "full of shiny glowing people with silly masks" aren't forced to see that, than I guess such costumes would be more viable.

Plenty of people want a "decent looking" MMO, where everything is closer to realistic (fantasy based realism), rather than seeing people in pink cat costumes running around. Those people tend to avoid MMOs that introduce such cosmetics and force them to look at it.

An option to "turn on visibility" of cosmetic part of outfit could be a nice feature. So everyone can see what you are wearing from gear, but only those that turned on "costume rendering on other people" can see what cosmetic outfit you are wearing.

Options (Cosmetic Rendering):

• full cosmetic rendering (on everyone)
    • render only on player character (only on yourself)
    • no rendering (all cosmetic outfits are hidden on everyone)

Those could be core features. An additional options could be (render on guild members, render only on people in friend list,...).

@Gothix

part of MTX is advertising. part of that advertising is forcing others to see it.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Gothix

part of MTX is advertising. part of that advertising is forcing others to see it.

Yeah, I agree. But in that case, costumes need to remain decent, to not push away folks from the game.

Or hmmm... have majority of (decent) costumes "always visible", and create a special tag for smaller cathegory of "silly" costumes, and let people deactivate visibility of those if they wish.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Gothix

Even then, having people able to choose to see cosmetics or not... those that dont want to see them in the first place wont be looking at buying any. it would be trying to tap into an uninterested market.

unlike most MMO's, this one doesnt seem to be complete fantasy... looking more like a survival game like ARK. Cosmetics in games that look like this one would take away from the game for some players inatead of adding more to it. it would be immersion breaking for some players. especially if it isnt all based on a survival aspect and you can get pink neko costumes or flashy rainbow dresses

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured