to the developers

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Syllah said in to the developers:

I would like to point out, importantly, that players are not paying for the alpha or beta - they are paying to support the game, and because of their willingness to take a risk, are given access to early testing phases. However, alpha and beta keys aren't dependent on paying for them - they are a matter of how many people are needed to test during a certain phase. If the developers need more players, which has been the case, keys will be given away. The business model isn't to sell alpha or beta keys, it's to allow early supporters to gain additional access and benefits.

but i can promise you if there were no alpha or beta access many of those packs wouldn't sell. quite honestly many people buy the early access!

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @keshanberk, it's pretty clear you're not fond of Dynamight, whatever the reason might be, but let me address your concerns anyway.

@keshanberk said in to the developers:

The 3d assets you're showcasing are either prepackaged with Unity or are being sold for cheap on the Unity marketplace.

Back when we made our first pre-alpha gameplay video (well over 1 year ago), we used a few art assets from the Unity store as placeholders. What's bad about that exactly? 🙂 It's a common practice to use placeholders in very early stages of development. As of today, the only art assets I can think of that are taken from the asset store are the animals, since they're pretty well made and it's not particularly relevant to have a unique... rabbit, right? 🙂 If one day we have resources to spare we'll remake them too.

Although you may disagree with my previous statement -- can you point out a thriving MMO that utilizes Unity?

Albion Online 🙂

And do you believe your project will succeed when it's difficult to differentiate your game from Legends of Aria?

LOA is a spiritual successor to Ultima Online, which I sincerely hope will succeed since I loved Ultima Online 😉 It has very little to do with Fractured though, besides the genre (isometric sandbox MMOs). Controls, combat, rulesets, races, world building, progression, survival elements... they're all very different, and that's just to name a few.

How could you possibly deliver a unique game -- while having less resources than a competitor company

I don't know whether we have more or less resources than LOA really. It's undoubtedly true we don't have the same resources of some larger competitors, but I'd say technology (SpatialOS), time spent developing tools such as procedural world generators and various game design decisions are allowing us to deliver - we're not perfectly on schedule, but we're close 🙂

and still utilizing an engine that causes terrible lag when loading 3d assets?

Where did you get this information from exactly? 😄 There are ways to prevent that from happening, it's not even particularly hard. You can watch any Fractured gameplay videos on Twitch or YouTube, everything besides terrains is dynamically loaded / streamed around your character but you won't see any lag when people travel through our current 60km2 continent 🙂

@Prometheus well said! 😤
    You guys are trying to create something unique and people should take note of that too.
    I came from LoA and lived through the whole disappointment from nice Beta to copyright problems with UO and afterwards declining of the game mechanics etc. 😭
    It is not easy to create a game from scratch and anyone who programmed before knows that.
    Nevertheless I am excited what the team will do in the next two years.
    Patience is key folks! 😁

Yeah well said Prometheus. For every company trying to break us out of this crappy MMO direction we seem to he stuck in theres naysayers doing nothing but saying "it's not possible, you surely cant do X with what you have". Personally I live on the other side of the fence where I support those studios with a vision and the gall to try something new and different. And as someone who played the recent alpha it was pretty damn smooth for a true alpha. I was really impressed with how far this game has come in a short period of time.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@keshanberk Hey there, last time, you've claimed LoA devs had difficulties due to Unity engine. Could you, please, elaborate on that? What exactly was the problem? since the dev took his time to reply to this thread, he might address your concerns, provided he'll know what to address.

• This post is deleted!

A lot of games have used or uses Unity engine, so it can not be that bad. Even if some companies struggles with the Unity engine, that does not automatically mean it is Unity's fault.. I have played a lot of Albion Online and I do not remember a single negative feedback related of Unity engine or had any bad experience of myself.. 🤔 So I do not personally mind DS using Unity at all. 😉

List of Unity games

@Tuoni Yeah, I'm not sure what he's going on about. Blame the company, not the engine. Unity is fine for purpose.

@Pwnstar said in to the developers:

@Tuoni Yeah, I'm not sure what he's going on about. Blame the company, not the engine. Unity is fine for purpose.

I have no experience of Legends of Aria or Citadel Studios behind that game, but still I would not blame the engine itself, rather those developers who are using it.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured