Guild UI/management

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As guilds and settlements are a major facet of Fractured, I was wondering what players can reasonably expect in terms of guild management tools and UI.

Some suggestions:

Customizable rank titles
    Customizable permissions
    Icons
    Finance audit log for relevant officers
    General audit log for relevant officers that include date and time stamps for new recruits and departing members

Let’s discuss!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If you looked back in 'history'... not all taxes were paid in silver coin or gold. Often farmers/citizens would walk in with livestock or wood or raw ore or whatever gathering resources were available at that time and pay their taxes with those goods.

If you're looking to make this aspect more 'authentic' to history then perhaps have an ingame menu to calculate and accept resources in placement of silver and gold coins in an economy screen.

Perhaps taxes are 20 gold coins per month? so instead this sheet in the governor's taxes menu says 2 gold coins + 4 cattle
    1 coin and 30 bushels of wheat
    7 gold coins and 50 barrels of ale

whatever.. but that is the concept. It is more historically accurate so it is not hard to 'justify'.. but coding it in might be an issue.

Maybe a line with an empty box? does the Governor/tax collector accept this as equal value in payment? yes/no type checkbox at the end?

I personally think it's a good idea.

A guild chat window would seem minimal for coordinating efforts.
    I play a game that allows alliance officers to bestow rank titles that carry buffs - I'd love that.
    Buffs for a guild or community that controls a holy well or other special resource would be cool (also debuffs for communities that build too close to a cursed object/place)
    just brainstorming here - good thread idea!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@VyrVandalous said in Guild UI/management:

If you looked back in 'history'... not all taxes were paid in silver coin or gold. Often farmers/citizens would walk in with livestock or wood or raw ore or whatever gathering resources were available at that time and pay their taxes with those goods.

If you're looking to make this aspect more 'authentic' to history then perhaps have an ingame menu to calculate and accept resources in placement of silver and gold coins in an economy screen.

Perhaps taxes are 20 gold coins per month? so instead this sheet in the governor's taxes menu says 2 gold coins + 4 cattle
    1 coin and 30 bushels of wheat
    7 gold coins and 50 barrels of ale

whatever.. but that is the concept. It is more historically accurate so it is not hard to 'justify'.. but coding it in might be an issue.

Maybe a line with an empty box? does the Governor/tax collector accept this as equal value in payment? yes/no type checkbox at the end?

I personally think it's a good idea.

Some very thoughtful ideas that would make taxation and tributes more nuanced than most games. I could get behind most of these ideas!

@PeachMcD said in Guild UI/management:

A guild chat window would seem minimal for coordinating efforts.
    I play a game that allows alliance officers to bestow rank titles that carry buffs - I'd love that.
    Buffs for a guild or community that controls a holy well or other special resource would be cool (also debuffs for communities that build too close to a cursed object/place)
    just brainstorming here - good thread idea!

Interesting... how strong are the buffs/debuffs?

I would say something like UO would be nice. The free server UO Outlands has a really nice guild structure. One thing I didn't like about UO was having to guild people at the guild stone. As a gm for 7 years I got tired of being chained to it. I literally had to sit at the stone some days guilding for an hour or two. I much prefer allowing officers you assign being given that ability as well. UO also crashed after about 100 members or so. The stone menus were not made to handle too many players. I would assume most large guilds in games today number in the 100"s, so the guild functions needs to be able to accommodate very large guilds and still be manageable.

Customable ranks and permissions are really nice to have. Guild bank system is really important to implement well and maybe something what guilds can upgrade with time. It will need several customable tabs with permissions. One very important tool is logs, which tolds who took out/put in what and when. Albion did not have any of these guild QoL features at the time of release and it was a nightmare to try management the item economy. It burned some officers pretty fast, when placing one chest for every member in different guild islands and then creating a map from that and keep it also updated just to keep track who has contributed.. 🀦

need an API to build tools outside of the game!

names, memo, join date, last login date, etc to keep a record.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Farlander said in Guild UI/management:

I would say something like UO would be nice. The free server UO Outlands has a really nice guild structure. One thing I didn't like about UO was having to guild people at the guild stone. As a gm for 7 years I got tired of being chained to it. I literally had to sit at the stone some days guilding for an hour or two. I much prefer allowing officers you assign being given that ability as well. UO also crashed after about 100 members or so. The stone menus were not made to handle too many players. I would assume most large guilds in games today number in the 100"s, so the guild functions needs to be able to accommodate very large guilds and still be manageable.

I never played UO. I did dabble briefly, quite recently, in Mortal Online and it seems that their guild UI is similar to what you describe of UO's. You have a guild stone in your guild hall and that alone is where the bulk of the administrative features can be accessed.

Honestly, I'm content for Guild Masters or Governors to go to the guild hall or city hall to perform most of their bureaucratic functions. Some should be accessible all the time, of course, but it would make the game more realistic and add purpose to some of these symbolic buildings.

@Tuoni said in Guild UI/management:

Customable ranks and permissions are really nice to have. Guild bank system is really important to implement well and maybe something what guilds can upgrade with time. It will need several customable tabs with permissions. One very important tool is logs, which tolds who took out/put in what and when. Albion did not have any of these guild QoL features at the time of release and it was a nightmare to try management the item economy. It burned some officers pretty fast, when placing one chest for every member in different guild islands and then creating a map from that and keep it also updated just to keep track who has contributed.. 🀦

Agreed with the customizable tabs, ranks, and permissions. One type of log that AO is still missing are member activity logs. People would randomly join or drop out of the guild when I was offline and I'd log in one night and have 88 members and log in the next morning and only have 86 and not have a damn clue who was gone.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

The customization of ranks and titles, even if it has no bearing on the game, is paramount for immersion imo.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Bardikens said in Guild UI/management:

The customization of ranks and titles, even if it has no bearing on the game, is paramount for immersion imo.

Exactly. Some people may obsessively tinker with them!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Alexian said in Guild UI/management:

Exactly. Some people may obsessively tinker with them!

But there's no way we would do that... Never... -cough-

@Alexian sd "Interesting... how strong are the buffs/debuffs"

The title buffs in Rise of Kingdoms are 3-5% and are on things like Attack (for the Warlord), Training Speed (Counselor), Build Speed... how that would translate to Fractured's universe is totally up to the devs, just wanted this out there as an idea.

There are altars/circles in RoK that carry varying buffs for the alliances that can occupy and defend them - again, things like attack, march speed for armies, healing rate for wounded troops, training speed for new troops. But RoK is a RTS war game so I'd hope that the devs would be creative about translating this idea to a world where PvP isn't everything.

Reading posts from the Alpha testers, I'll bet that Crafting Speed and Resource Spotting buffs would be popular for Arboreus; on Sydesia, a PC might covet a 'Bling Buff' that (to thow out suggestions) improved their exchange rate on trades or made their wares appear more attractive to buyers.

An altar (or item) on Tartarus held by a guild of demons would be appropriate for attack buffs, but an Arborean shrine to (or relic of) Tyros wouldn't, right? For those, a Warding Sign might protect from the attacks of demons or offer temporary invisibility in their presence to enable escape. It would be very appropriate if (just as in D&D) a PC whose alignment differed radically from that of the shrine (object) would be DE-buffed on those metrics by proximity to the place/item.

All these ideas would add to the immersion factor by creating incentives & measurable outcomes for alignment and for devotion to a particular deity. Hope this helps!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@PeachMcD said in Guild UI/management:

@Alexian sd "Interesting... how strong are the buffs/debuffs"

The title buffs in Rise of Kingdoms are 3-5% and are on things like Attack (for the Warlord), Training Speed (Counselor), Build Speed... how that would translate to Fractured's universe is totally up to the devs, just wanted this out there as an idea.

There are altars/circles in RoK that carry varying buffs for the alliances that can occupy and defend them - again, things like attack, march speed for armies, healing rate for wounded troops, training speed for new troops. But RoK is a RTS war game so I'd hope that the devs would be creative about translating this idea to a world where PvP isn't everything.

Reading posts from the Alpha testers, I'll bet that Crafting Speed and Resource Spotting buffs would be popular for Arboreus; on Sydesia, a PC might covet a 'Bling Buff' that (to thow out suggestions) improved their exchange rate on trades or made their wares appear more attractive to buyers.

An altar (or item) on Tartarus held by a guild of demons would be appropriate for attack buffs, but an Arborean shrine to (or relic of) Tyros wouldn't, right? For those, a Warding Sign might protect from the attacks of demons or offer temporary invisibility in their presence to enable escape. It would be very appropriate if (just as in D&D) a PC whose alignment differed radically from that of the shrine (object) would be DE-buffed on those metrics by proximity to the place/item.

All these ideas would add to the immersion factor by creating incentives & measurable outcomes for alignment and for devotion to a particular deity. Hope this helps!

It does very much, thank you! πŸ˜„

best to copy Eve Online's system. it's very open-ended.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jetah said in Guild UI/management:

Never seen it. Screenies? πŸ˜„

@Alexian said in Guild UI/management:

@Jetah said in Guild UI/management:

Never seen it. Screenies? πŸ˜„

https://updates.eveonline.com/card/5BSkX/corporation-roles-interface-improvements/

I'm having issues seeing images for it. but it allows you to set permissions for each role while also creating any roles you want. It also lets you restrict access to assets in different zones/stations (think guild bank but nearly every system has one).

Sounds good.

Basically the more customization the system offers, the better.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured