Summoner

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Hello guys, when i play in mmorpg i always like to play as summoner, the guy who likes to give minions the job.

will the summoner here be afected by the allignment and race?

there's some ideas: 1- Good Allignment/BeastMen= summon goods stuff like: wisps, centauros, angels.
    2-Neutral/Humans = summon neutral stuff, like golems, elementals.
    3-Bad/Demons = summon bad stuff, like skeletons, demons lord.

i would love to play different kind of summoners, instead of need to build my caracter to be a necromancer (the classic).

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@gabrinoel there is definitely a necromancer school that summons skellys
    And conjuring for items and objects like flying swords and things
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/

@Xzoviac said in Summoner:

@gabrinoel there is defenitly a necromancer class that summons skellys

Summoners and necromancers are NOT the same thing and have NEVER been the same thing in any game... Necromancer summons are usually restricted to corpses and reanimation while Summoners usually summon elemental or in some cases beasts... additionally conjuring flying swords MAY be considered part of the summon class but if it's only summoning inanimate objects then the class can't be considered a complete summoner class...

@Althalus said in Summoner:

@Xzoviac said in Summoner:

@gabrinoel there is defenitly a necromancer class that summons skellys

Summoners and necromancers are NOT the same thing and have NEVER been the same thing in any game... Necromancer summons are usually restricted to corpses and reanimation while Summoners usually summon elemental or in some cases beasts... additionally conjuring flying swords MAY be considered part of the summon class but if it's only summoning inanimate objects then the class can't be considered a complete summoner class...

There are no classes in this game just groups of spells in schools so you wanna be a summoner you may have to grab spells from different schools such as necromancy and conjuring.

NOT sure who YOU are ARGUING with or if you are telling me this information in capitals because I have offended you?

Hopefully i have helped you understand how character builds work a little better

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

in the wiki, says that the conjurer class will be able to summon itens/creatures from far away locations, i was just saying that the alligment should influence in the creatures summoned, i would love to play as full conjurer class if its focused more in summon than in spell casting.

@gabrinoel I hope you can find enough summons for every spell slot to fit your playstyle, different animations depending on your alignment would be cool

@Xzoviac Just a thought, but I think it would be even better if you could eventually gain enough knowledge to summon across all alignments..... just make it a lot harder to attend any school in the wrong alignment for anything other than a very short period. That way if you were prepared to put in the hard yards, it could eventually allow a true master summoner to infiltrate other planets with a minion for resource gathering, something that might otherwise be just too hard to obtain. I don't think it should cause a major upset if a world was not considered 100% pure to its alignment, i.e. 99.9% would be good enough. That way even Arboreus could have the odd wolf in sheep's clothing and so long as it did not commit a major offence i.e. murder , perhaps the odd deceit could be an exception.

@Thwunk said in Summoner:

@Xzoviac Just a thought, but I think it would be even better if you could eventually gain enough knowledge to summon across all alignments..... just make it a lot harder to attend any school in the wrong alignment for anything other than a very short period. That way if you were prepared to put in the hard yards, it could eventually allow a true master summoner to infiltrate other planets with a minion for resource gathering, something that might otherwise be just too hard to obtain. I don't think it should cause a major upset if a world was not considered 100% pure to its alignment, i.e. 99.9% would be good enough. That way even Arboreus could have the odd wolf in sheep's clothing and so long as it did not commit a major offence i.e. murder, perhaps the odd deceit could be an exception.

That idea sounds like having a retainer like in FF14 where you can send npc's on a mission to gather resources. By that, you would neglect the basic idea of punishing the player depending on his alignment, and in my opinion not really talking about summoning anymore, if you (the player), are not even there yourself to control what your creatures are doing.

Having the ability to get resources from another planet that way would be too much of an advantage IMHO, but that is all based on the information I have so far on this game.

@Thwunk maybe your minions could get resources around you and collect but imo they should not do it on a diffrent planet, and t being able to eventually get all skins sorts defeats the point in them being allignment based

If you really hate a allignment skin but want to be that morality, I guess hope for spell skins in store lol

@Xzoviac spell skins ….now I really like that idea...hadn't even thought of that one.....….well done.

@Yitra Ok, I accept the critique and probably not a good fit for a summoner.....how about a possessor so you actually play the part of the possessed npc .

in all honesty, there are not any classes in this game so you would have to try and combine spells or you spell that you discover in the game

the character isn't restricted to classes but there are groups of spells or knowledge which are classes at their core.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured