Pass for friends - the idea for the release

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

A hypothetical Player bought the game, he has been playing it for a long time/he liked it and he wants his friends/relatives to play it too, but they do not dare to buy it. And then he comes to the aid of the function - "pass for friends." Each user who bought the game has 2-3 passes for friends, which within 2-3 days allow you to play the game for free. From here I have a question: do you plan to enter the game "pass for friends"?
    I think this feature would increase the loyalty of the audience and reduce the number of angry players who purchased the game without thinking. Of course, we can assume that because of this function, the number of sales may decrease, but still it is worth thinking about this idea.

Problem is with bots and gold spammers.

For price of 1 basic package you get 4 spam accounts.
    And if someone manages to crack pass number generator... million spam accounts for free.

Perhaps if these passes would provide access to a "limited game" without ability to chat, and some other abilities that bots and gold sellers use.

@muker

I'm with @Gothix on this one. I've never seen the free passes for friends be used for good. OK maybe never never but i'm sure people will just sell the free pass on ebay for a few bucks.

if it was a very limited pass, no public speaking, no trading, limited duration (ie 3 days) or something like that I could potentially agree with it.

I'd much prefer a demo planet where prople who're interested in the game can spend a week or less and let that progression pass through to the real game. it wouldn't be much progression, maybe it's more of a tutorial area. again though no trade, no global chat and limited local chat (to stop bots).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I believe there will be, eventually, a trial period, but not during it's early developmental stage.

I think a free trial with no shout or trade function for a few hours or to a knowledge point is the best way to do this

There is also another alternative, like a free weekend.

@muker said in Pass for friends - the idea for the release:

There is also another alternative, like a free weekend.

that's only available to get new people to 'demo' the game.

i'm guessing Fractured will have an open beta so get your friends in it then.

i quite like the idea of a demo being introduced or a limited free account trial. i am pretty sure World of Warcraft had something like that... someone with a full account could invite a new person for a 30 day trial and the new person could get to lvl 20.

@Xzait In our game there are no levels, so "LVL cap" disappears
    But I am personally familiar with the WoW system

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

i mean, you could just disable trading and stuff like that for these trial accounts until they buy the game again, but i can see why they wouldnt want people to have these, bots in these games are a huge issue

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't see any benefits for the game from a developmental perspective. Such trials only work if there is something in the game to get the player to come back long term. Players are going to reach the skill/level plateau really quickly in Fractured compared to games with levels. This is good in a game where you only need to buy once because it evens the playing field. I've heard a lot of complaints about MMOs only really starting once you get to late game content. After you get your initial skills in fractured you are basically set to go try to farm for items or make a guild with the best of them. Getting to experience that without paying takes out any benefit of... ever paying. What keeps people playing long term are other people.

Money barriers aren't fun, but are a reality. This game has a pretty low price threshold for entry already and the VIP system gives a limited amount of money, even long term. It has to have some income or it won't be able to finish being made or maintain it's servers. Giftcards or giftable discounts that still encourage people to buy once to play would be more healthy for the game.

If it's an irl friend, perhaps let them watch you play or even try out a skill or two?

@Plume

I'll believe the players wont reach that plateau early unless their build is the skills given at creation.

400 skills with 3 veneration of them is 1200 skills. if you need a tier 3 skill then it may take you longer to find the base skill then unlock the rank you want.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah That's interesting and makes me pretty happy!!

Out of curiosity, how long do you think it would take a new account to get to the third tier skills they want if they already know how to play and know exactly what skills they want to aim for? (It's this number I feel should not be shorter than the time of a trial period, or there will be a lot of smurf accounts like the other concern stated in this thread.)

@Plume

i couldnt answer that. i'd say a month but we dont know how difficult the ranks will be nor if the skill acquisition will be random or static. it'd be neat that every character created would have their own locations for skill knowledge.

@muker How about an option of a spectator pass for a friend.... real time viewing of all logged in accounts with a layer that enable any in game players to opt in or out of offering the remote viewing facility. So you could hide your stash from prying eyes whenever desired. Hey, you could even expand the concept …i.e add drop down layers like guild protected viewing to teach guild members...……..I appreciate streamers already offer viewing, but not as a global facility and not everyone is that tech savvy...or am I just getting old...…... bring back the loom and bobbin, I say. There is nothing wrong with an analogue phone that a good tap won't fix.

That would still add an extra stress to the server, so I'm against such thing. Specially in a game like this, where information is worth a lot.

@Thwunk said in Pass for friends - the idea for the release:

@muker How about an option of a spectator pass for a friend.... real time viewing of all logged in accounts with a layer that enable any in game players to opt in or out of offering the remote viewing facility. So you could hide your stash from prying eyes whenever desired. Hey, you could even expand the concept …i.e add drop down layers like guild protected viewing to teach guild members...……..I appreciate streamers already offer viewing, but not as a global facility and not everyone is that tech savvy...or am I just getting old...…... bring back the loom and bobbin, I say. There is nothing wrong with an analogue phone that a good tap won't fix.

that sounds like a great way to spy on other worlds or other rival guilds.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Thwunk

Like built in streams?

@Jetah
    Yeah, "streamsniping" is a bannable offense in a lot of games for a reason.

@Plume said in Pass for friends - the idea for the release:

@Jetah
    Yeah, "streamsniping" is a bannable offense in a lot of games for a reason.

how do you enforce it?

@Gothix I accept that it would increase the load on a server, but as for knowledge being too valuable to share: If the system was introduced whereby users were given the ability to accept or reject " a named viewer" in the same way as accept or reject in-game "friend invites , or join party invites in most other mmo's, it should prevent mass abuse and still allow controlled access to friends, so it would be up each individual user as to what amount and with whom, they wished to share info.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured