Campfire/Fire Spreading Changes Idea

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

just an idea but... you know how to have to have 'stones' in order to build a fire? well.... make it so it says stones (recommended) to build a fire.. cause they are for encompassing the fire right?.. but if you choose to not use the 'recommended' stones.. then there is a percentage chance that your fire will spread and burn you as you sleep.. the fire will spread.. .. cause in reality.. you dont' need stones to build a fire.. so it does not seem logical.. but it does have a consequence.. I think that's a neat game addition mechanic option..
    the scripts to implement this is easy.. it takes 10 stones to make a fire.. each stone reduces the chance of fire by 10 percent.. 1 stone.. 90 percent chance of fire.. so on and so forth..2 stones? 80 percent.. then a random d100 generator roll to see the odds/success rate of it spreading out and doing damage

i dont think it would work that well if it was a solid 10% per stone. Coz it'd be 100% chance to kill you if you were sleeping... you would have to consider variables... like if you are in a desert... 0% chance of spread... coz what will it spread to? a forest... 100% chance to spread, even with stones, coz unless u clear the ground around it, the stones aren't gonna do anything...

no.. just spread out to the player.. since his animation has him closely sleeping next to it.. that is the purpose of the stones after all.. to limit the field of fire spreading.. to terrain does not matter.. wind blows.. branches inside.. fire spreads and burns.. seems very logical to me.

@VyrVandalous
    stones are also there to radiate heat.

Stones are also used to cook food on if you dont have a pot and want to roast some meat, one or two scoops of soil dug out the ground is enough to stop most small log fires from spreading, then just fill the hole and fire in when you leave, helps stop frost fires from a stray spark. Unless the ground is super wet, then you will need to fill the hole with kindling

Unless you are a demon that lives in lava. Then even if fire spreads, no problem 😉

The devious plans with this lol just go to an enemy players base /home/city and put down alot of camps with no rocks 100% of fire meaning that's a lot of fire

Wurm Online has wooden boats you can't burn, and it kinda sucks, so I'd be up for some general flammability. 🙂

(On the other hand, the environmental manipulation you can do in, what is it, Divinity II Original Sin? is extremely impressive!)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured