Necromancy-How will this work ?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I saw the video demonstration of the raising of skeletons,but I have one question.....
    How will this work ? Necromancy will be a classic-that is, the recovery of corpses and the like or will work as a calling ? The video shows just that skeletons rose from the ground,although there weren't any bodies.
    (I apologize if a similar thread already on the forum,I looked,but not found)

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @Neuromant! In general, you can't summon with Necromancy like you can with Conjuration. You need a corpse to re-animate, or a even a mechanical construct to give "life" to (we've been a bit lazy in the video eheh). There are exceptions to this rule, but only a couple. Anyway, don't forget that Necromancy features a lot more than that - curses and blood magic are also very significant! :slight_smile:

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Prometheus Will there be some indications where we can find corpses to reanimate ? Because, if we must wait an ally or an eenemy to die, or to be in a cimetary or something like that, necromancy could be a little bit useless ^^ I understand there is not dead body everywhere into the ground, and you can't summon everywhere, but the question is "How can I know I can summon if somebody attack me in the forest(for example) ?" (or maybe we can wander with coffin and a dead corpse inside ^^ )

PS : And I have a question about conjuration (as it's not the good topic ^^), does your summoning will affect the world ? You summon a piece of rock from somewhere, so, will it disappear from his initial position ? (and is it possible to see it disappearing ? )

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Cool to know. Will probably pass this info to a friend who likes Necro classes in games.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Can you raise the corpses of your killed enemies? Would be cool if that would interferre with looting the corpse 😂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine Could be interesting if you can control your ennemy dead body, and this one is seeing his characters moving alone and could do anything 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine said in Necromancy-How will this work ?:

Can you raise the corpses of your killed enemies? Would be cool if that would interferre with looting the corpse 😂

Stop! My loot is running away!

In all seriousness, if player corpses can be reanimated by a Necromancer (and I don't see why not), they should never be able to control the player's character itself. It shouldn't be anything more than any other corpse for a Necro spell.

• DymStudios - CEO

@esher said in Necromancy-How will this work ?:

@Prometheus Will there be some indications where we can find corpses to reanimate ? Because, if we must wait an ally or an eenemy to die, or to be in a cimetary or something like that, necromancy could be a little bit useless ^^

You'll have plenty of corpses to re-animate when you do PvE, don't worry 🙂 If you get jumped by some enemies in PvP and you don't have a summon already, ok, you can't create one... but as I've said, Necromancy features a lot more other than summons!

As for Conjuration, you can't do things like summoning an actual piece of rock from a random part of the world, nope 🙂

@Benseine you can, but it doesn't interfere with looting :slight_smile:

@Vengu you obviously can't control another player eheh, but that doesn't mean re-animating a human, demon or beastman is the same thing as re-animating a monster 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Necromancy-How will this work ?:

@esher said in Necromancy-How will this work ?:

@Prometheus Will there be some indications where we can find corpses to reanimate ? Because, if we must wait an ally or an eenemy to die, or to be in a cimetary or something like that, necromancy could be a little bit useless ^^

You'll have plenty of corpses to re-animate when you do PvE, don't worry 🙂 If you get jumped by some enemies in PvP and you don't have a summon already, ok, you can't create one... but as I've said, Necromancy features a lot more other than summons!

As for Conjuration, you can't do things like summoning an actual piece of rock from a random part of the world, nope 🙂

@Benseine you can, but it doesn't interfere with looting :slight_smile:

@Vengu you obviously can't control another player eheh, but that doesn't mean re-animating a human, demon or beastman is the same thing as re-animating a monster 😉

Necro sounds way too cool 🙂 Maybe I'll even postpone my illu-sin to try necro first.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured