Buildable items for plots

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzoviac said in Buildable items for plots:

@Jetah said in Buildable items for plots:

@Gothix said in Buildable items for plots:

"Hunting trophy" house decorations would be cool, to show off that you managed to kill those "hard monsters".

Decorations that drop from hard monsters should be bound when picked up (to the person that actually made the kill, not loot-able by random passer by), and should only drop if kill was made solo (no other damage on mob detected, no external healing on player who made the kill detected).

Get a "challenge" trophy (decoration), bound to you, only if you made a solo kill of a hard moster.

Some normal heads, that @Xzait mentioned, could also be available, and those would be tradeable.

the game is setup to be solo friendly so that wouldn't work.

to give incentives to group up, group content could give heads of bosses.

Think we have had this conversation before but anyway,

solofriendly does not mean everything in game is soloable, or everything in game can be collected/killed/achieved with out being in a group.

The entire fractured world is built on player to player interaction

People are going to have to group interact guild trade and be part of the world to experience (and loot) everything in game

yes there will be raid content but if every solo friendly boss drops a head and it's easy to kill then it isn't really a challenge, is it?

"Hunting trophy" house decorations would be cool, to show off that you managed to kill those "hard monsters".

Decorations that drop from hard monsters should be bound when picked up (to the person that actually made the kill, not loot-able by random passer by), and should only drop if kill was made solo (no other damage on mob detected, no external healing on player who made the kill detected).

Get a "challenge" trophy (decoration), bound to you, only if you made a solo kill of a hard moster.

Some normal heads, that @Xzait mentioned, could also be available, and those would be tradeable.

Think we have had this conversation before but anyway,

solofriendly does not mean everything in game is soloable, or everything in game can be collected/killed/achieved with out being in a group.

The entire fractured world is built on player to player interaction

People are going to have to group interact guild trade and be part of the world to experience (and loot) everything in game

yes there will be raid content but if every solo friendly boss drops a head and it's easy to kill then it isn't really a challenge, is it?

the challenge is to kill it alone. you wouldnt be able to get the drop if you grouped up, if it was done the way @Xzoviac said it could be. The whole idea is that you would need to master the horizontal progression aspect of the game to be able to kill bosses you would potentially normally need a group to kill in the first place.

I was talking exclusively about hard "challenge" mobs. Nowhere I have said every easy mob would drop it.

The meaning of challenge is that it's hard, and you have to do it solo without help, and only then, you get the head, that's bound to you.

I don't understand what is not logical about this. It would be some hard monsters around the world, that would reward the solo kill with cosmetic. People could still group up to kill them and get their normal loot, but no cosmetic reward in that case.

I was talking exclusively about hard "challenge" mobs. Nowhere I have said every easy mob would drop it.

The meaning of challenge is that it's hard, and you have to do it solo without help, and only then, you get the head, that's bound to you.

I don't understand what is not logical about this. It would be some hard monsters around the world, that would reward the solo kill with cosmetic. People could still group up to kill them and get their normal loot, but no cosmetic reward in that case.

i dont understand the point of putting head drops in solo content when the game is a massively multiplayer. put these cosmetics in group content. which would also mean that the group has to run it multiple times so everyone gets a head!

in DAoC, it was a realm boss requiring 100-200 players to kill it while it only dropped 5 (iirc) copies of the head.

i dont understand the point of putting head drops in solo content when the game is a massively multiplayer. put these cosmetics in group content. which would also mean that the group has to run it multiple times so everyone gets a head!

in DAoC, it was a realm boss requiring 100-200 players to kill it while it only dropped 5 (iirc) copies of the head.

we already told u what the point would be... twice...

@Xzait

yes you want easy content. got it. again, i dont like that in a MMO.

i dont understand the point of putting head drops in solo content when the game is a massively multiplayer. put these cosmetics in group content.

Because people could leech the "achievement" from the fact that they are in good group. And every noob could get the head like that (which would make the "achievement" worthless in the process, not being an achievement at all). People could even pay to the good group to take them through the fight and get the head.

I don't want achievements that are available through leeching or through payment. I want achievements, that you have to prove you are good enough to get them, and that can only be done through (hard) solo challenge.

(I'm not saying that group content cosmetics shouldn't exist, they should as well. I'm saying that SOME unique cosmetics should only come through HARD solo challenges, so they can be used for bragging rights to show off that you can really play well, which is only provable if you need to show it through solo challenge, where noone can help you or carry you.)

@Xzait

yes you want easy content. got it. again, i dont like that in a MMO.

I think Jetah is trolling at this point. We've pointed out several times, the challenge should be hard, and not easily done by solo player.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

There's point to having a mix of things like this, some of which are group focused and some of which are solo focused.

The problem on the solo side isn't just about making challenging solo encounters, but rather about how to ensure that they are done solo (no group or no drop) without also prompting every person who wants nothing more than to cause problems for people to jump in and start whacking away (aiming to prevent the drop).

There's got to be some balancing on such an idea around what makes it challenging (for example standard HP bloat where you are fighting a boss for an hour is only challenging in certain ways, and not at all in others) as well as the likely issues with people involved.

i dont understand the point of putting head drops in solo content when the game is a massively multiplayer. put these cosmetics in group content.

Because people could leech the "achievement" from the fact that they are in good group. And every noob could get the head like that (which would make the "achievement" worthless in the process, not being an achievement at all). People could even pay to the good group to take them through the fight and get the head.

I don't want achievements that are available through leeching or through payment. I want achievements, that you have to prove you are good enough to get them, and that can only be done through (hard) solo challenge.

(I'm not saying that group content cosmetics shouldn't exist, they should as well. I'm saying that SOME unique cosmetics should only come through HARD solo challenges, so they can be used for bragging rights to show off that you can really play well, which is only provable if you need to show it through solo challenge, where noone can help you or carry you.)

what's wrong with people helping others in an online game? seriously, if you want single player content there are games built for that.
    what's the point of having cities, whole planets dedicated to certain play styles if there's no interaction. we should be dependent on others to help achieve glory.

now while typing this out, i did remember that WoW had solo challenges as well as Raid/Mythic+ content. in Legion it was the Mage Tower. you were required to do it solo as it was instanced and were rewarded a cosmetic from it. however, as the expansion progressed the challenge for it became less (as people were able to get better gear). With Fractured having tiered gear (quality differences) it too can be trivialized as better gear is obtained.

and by the way, paying for things is what money is for. you're trading your cash, which was converted from time, into time savings. people dont learn everything and do everything their self. they buy thing so they do the stuff they want to do.

Jetah... did you drink something or what? xD

Where am I saying that I wish to exclude multiplayer content?! I'm saying that in addition to multiplayer content (millions of multiplayer content), some solo difficult challenges would be nice.

You just want absolutely everything through multiplayer... Are you really so unskilled that you want the game to offer you possibility for raid to carry you through everything? Because that's what it sounds like.....

There is no reason whatsoever that (in addition to everything else that's multiplayer), some solo challenges wouldn't be added. So you are either trolling, or you are that kind of player that wants to get EVERYTHING the game offers, and you know you wouldn't be good enough to get stuff from more difficult solo challenges.

There is no other explanation at this point...

Jetah... did you drink something or what? xD

Where am I saying that I wish to exclude multiplayer content?! I'm saying that in addition to multiplayer content (millions of multiplayer content), some solo difficult challenges would be nice.

You just want absolutely everything through multiplayer... Are you really so unskilled that you want the game to offer you possibility for raid to carry you through everything? Because that's what it sounds like.....

There is no reason whatsoever that (in addition to everything else that's multiplayer), some solo challenges wouldn't be added. So you are either trolling, or you are that kind of player that wants to get EVERYTHING the game offers, and you know you wouldn't be good enough to get stuff from more difficult solo challenges.

There is no other explanation at this point...

These kind of rewards are cheese able, just dont group your mates someone heals someone tanks you kill wait for rsx4 everyone has a head

@Jetah please learn english some more... coz all you do is repeat the same thing over and over... providing useless posts in the thread because you "don't understand" what we are saying, despite us explaining it in 5 different ways... if u r just gonna spam.... go somewhere else pls. coz like @Gothix said... it is as if u r trolling at this point... the thread is for potential ideas for the devs (if they check this) for stuff they can implement for us to put on our plots of lands. (if u really r legit... here is a hint... a trophy is a momento of achieving a typically difficult task...)

so far, we have only talked about difficult beasts dropping trophy heads upon solo kills tho... to back up @Jetah s idea with multiplayer ones... you could get banners from guild vs guild things perhaps... or some kind of uhhh... crest? to put on your wall if you became the governor of a township at some point (semi-solo...ish). Maybe some kind of super special thing if you managed to be like an emperor or something of a metropolis. (the only flaw with this ofc, would be people that bought governor packs or higher).

These kind of rewards are cheese able, just dont group your mates someone heals someone tanks you kill wait for rsx4 everyone has a head

... and should only drop if kill was made solo (no other damage on mob detected, no external healing on player who made the kill detected).

Regardless of if you are grouped or no.
    Similar to hunters Rhok Delar demon quests in vanilla WoW. With an exception that there it was the only rule that 1 hunter had to kill it, and other could loot after (neglection by Blizzard). Here that could be expanded to only who killed can loot.

You can't cheeze that.

@Xzait said in Buildable items for plots:

@Jetah please learn english some more... coz all you do is repeat the same thing over and over... providing useless posts in the thread because you "don't understand" what we are saying, despite us explaining it in 5 different ways... if u r just gonna spam.... go somewhere else pls. coz like @Gothix said... it is as if u r trolling at this point... the thread is for potential ideas for the devs (if they check this) for stuff they can implement for us to put on our plots of lands. (if u really r legit... here is a hint... a trophy is a momento of achieving a typically difficult task...)

you tell me to learn English yet you dont even spell words properly. I've highlighted all the errors. also the elipse isn't a proper way to end every sentence. Maybe you need to head back to elementary school to learn English yourself.

that aside, it wasn't until this post that Gothix specifically stated they wanted single and multi trophies. Until then they specifically stated they dont want someone buying trophies from groups post here. Now the first post "buying achievements" means no group trophies, which is what I commented on here. Now I can't read the minds of others, only what is written.

@Gothix

You never said both. You even commented that you dont want people to buy achievements via groups. That to me implies you dont want group achievements/trophies. And I did mention that WoW had solo content separate from group content when I mentioned the Mage Tower. But again, it was never mentioned, by you, to have both solo and group.

Just because I love group content doesn't mean I hate solo or that I need to be carried.

@Jetah XD all your highlighting is english... just the text form, instead of the full form. I fix all of my spelling mistakes that i notice either before i initially post, or directly after before anyone potentially has read it. If i still miss it even then, i ignore it. (if u want, i can start implementing numbers in2 my posts as well, 2 make u freak out even more) at least you tried i guess. but you just proved how little you know about english. Also, the three dots is an ellipses, not an elipse.

you also shouldn't assume people are implying something just because they havn't commented about one particular part of it. if someone says they want beast hunting achievements specifically to be solo only... that is exactly what they mean... not that they want everything solo. The beast heads was the main focus at the point in time after all, not something else of the hundreds of other things that could be implemented that would ONLY be good as an achievement or trophy if it IS multiplayer.

@Xzait said in Buildable items for plots:

@Jetah XD all your highlighting is english... just the text form, instead of the full form. I fix all of my spelling mistakes that i notice either before i initially post, or directly after before anyone potentially has read it. If i still miss it even then, i ignore it. (if u want, i can start implementing numbers in2 my posts as well, 2 make u freak out even more) at least you tried i guess. but you just proved how little you know about english. Also, the three dots is an ellipses, not an elipse.

you also shouldn't assume people are implying something just because they havn't commented about one particular part of it. if someone says they want beast hunting achievements specifically to be solo only... that is exactly what they mean... not that they want everything solo. The beast heads was the main focus at the point in time after all, not something else of the hundreds of other things that could be implemented that would ONLY be good as an achievement or trophy if it IS multiplayer.

i was the first to mention trophies and specifically stated "killing world bosses to get a head". Gothix mentioned specifically "was made solo". they even specificed "a solo kill" but didn't mention anything regarding in addition to group versions.

There's nothing to assume when the comment specified solo kills and only solo kills and mentioned group help wouldn't reward the user with the trophy.

and "u" "r" are letters of the alphabet, not words.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

That just shows you have never managed such solo feats yourself.
    My WOW hunter had 8 of the 10 Molten Front challenge tames. For a solo player like myself, they are super hard to get.

i dont understand the point

It is simple progression & devaluation of items.
    Lets say you kill the local goblin leader, his bounty was 50 coin. You were able to do it after 3 days of playing tho & on first attempt.
    Compare that to killing the Salamander queen worth 500 coin. Took you 1 month of playing & 2 attempts.
    So why would you want to go kill the goblin leader or display his head anymore.
    Maybe because it just looks cool. Or maybe you only want to display the strongest & hardest things to kill.
    Everyone has their own reasons.

easy content, i dont like that in a MMO.

For starters you need to remember that anything like vanity items are primarily going to be purchased from the shop due to that being how DMS keeps alive.
    So if they implement something like this, they would not make it "easy content". Players would earn such trophies.

@Jetah 'u' is a letter said exactly the same as 'you' and 'r' is said exactly the same as 'are'. Regardless of they being single letters, they are used millions of times a day by people all over the world in that exact fashion.

The reason the head trophy idea was taken to be more of a solo thing is because it is a trophy... why should you get a fancy looking head if you had 120 of your friends there so you could kill the monster that drops it in 7 seconds? wouldn't be much of a trophy.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured