Let's borrow some ideas from other games!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Black market could be fun. But it should only be accessible by those that are marked as thieves and murderers, and only while they are marked.

I like having someplace off-world I can store progression and not have it decay: a bank, a personal island, a magical plane, a pocket universe, something. 🙂

I think perhaps what I like most about Albion is that while PvP is everywhere, PvPers can't get at my personal island or banks, and my core items and progression will never decay. (This seems to be balanced by PvP being nearly everywhere else, and trashing items on death.)

Atlas, on the other hand, was exactly the opposite, and finding everything gone after logging back in just wasn't fun. I can't be online all the time, and the "your toon and gear is always in the world" mechanic just seemed impractical.

Yeah, I don't like "toon being always online" as well.

It creates unnecessary extra stress on the server, and makes you unable to protect your toon while you aren't online.

@Gothix yeah i cant see how this can work

@Roccandil said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

I like having someplace off-world I can store progression and not have it decay: a bank, a personal island

This is also important think from returning player point of view. If he or she can continue from the situation where they once left, they will continue playing more certainly than if they need to start from the scratch.

@Tuoni said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

@Roccandil said in Let's borrow some ideas from other games!:

I like having someplace off-world I can store progression and not have it decay: a bank, a personal island

This is also important think from returning player point of view. If he or she can continue from the situation where they once left, they will continue playing more certainly than if they need to start from the scratch.

if they left then odds are they wont come back. the harsh reality of this game is it isn't for everyone. If you can't sell your items for gold to buy stuff when you come back then you didn't prepare well enough for an extended leave.

What is considered an extended leave? Most assuredly there should be some consideration for time spent on say a 2 week vacation with your family somewhere.

@Jetah It is quite common that some people come back when something new and interesting is introduced with new expansions.

@Tuoni

odds are they'll leave because their stuff was stolen. there will be some that get bored of the game between content and might return. those that might return would be better suited to sell their stuff and horde the coins/gold or try to acquire some collectable gear that might sell well in the future.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I've just created a thread sugesting additional evolution options.

Honestly, the whole racial evolution concept is a very appealing concept and I'd really love to see it expanded further than announced, in due time.

Imagine this-you've seen it all, done it all... And all of a sudden, you can become a litch, great!

Then you become a litch and you realize that that's not even the end, but only beginning-you can completely discard your bone body and become a creature of pure thought, or maybe a spirit... Or you may constuct yourself a new, better body and transfer your consiousness into it!.. Or maybe you've done all of the above and decided being regular mortal was the best, afterall and so you've went on a gods defying quest, in order to restore your human body.

The possibilities are endless.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured