Characters Per Account

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

would be nice to have at least 3 per account

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@B3CK3R said in Characters Per Account:

would be nice to have at least 3 per account

the basic account has 3. it was increased from the 2 original.

@Tuoni

You don't need alts to check the markets in Albion: apparently the game provide an API to the market database, so there are websites you can go to to browse the prices.

Caerleon being the primary city to transport to/from makes sense, since the trip is not risk-free, and again, I know of people making millions doing just that since f2p was introduced.

I've made a decent bit, however, transporting goods just between safe royal cities; those markets aren't flat, either.

The old purchase slots.

@Roccandil said in Characters Per Account:

@Tuoni

You don't need alts to check the markets in Albion: apparently the game provide an API to the market database, so there are websites you can go to to browse the prices.

Caerleon being the primary city to transport to/from makes sense, since the trip is not risk-free, and again, I know of people making millions doing just that since f2p was introduced.

I've made a decent bit, however, transporting goods just between safe royal cities; those markets aren't flat, either.

Well if there is nowadays API for marketing, then the whole system is even worse than before. Zero sandbox feeling in that.

Caerleon does not make sense and that is why devs finally reacted and the world will or changed already. 😉

@Tuoni said in Characters Per Account:

@Tuoni

Well if there is nowadays API for marketing, then the whole system is even worse than before. Zero sandbox feeling in that.

Caerleon does not make sense and that is why devs finally reacted and the world will or changed already. 😉

I'm not following, really. The market and economy seem quite healthy to me, and engaging. Trying to stifle information flow seems like an impractical idea on the internet; might as well embrace it!

As to Caerleon, the devs now seem very interested in making the other royal cities viable home bases, and Caerleon's unique advantages are dwindling. That seems like a good thing.

@Tuoni

You know, it occurred to me you don't need an alt to check markets in Albion: just strip naked and instantly journey to each city you're interested in and grab intel. Using an alt would be harder, I think.

At that, the easiest way is to partner with someone and examine two markets at once (which I've done).

@Tuoni said in Characters Per Account:

@Tuoni

I'm not following, really. The market and economy seem quite healthy to me, and engaging. Trying to stifle information flow seems like an impractical idea on the internet; might as well embrace it!

As to Caerleon, the devs now seem very interested in making the other royal cities viable home bases, and Caerleon's unique advantages are dwindling. That seems like a good thing.

Making Caerleon the main hub for everything just before launch without proper testing was a huge mistake. That is why Caerleon was the only city where people settled. That made other cities more or less ghost towns. Devs were warned about this, but they did not listen, but now after almost 2 years they finally understood their mistake why the rework has done.

@Tuoni

You know, it occurred to me you don't need an alt to check markets in Albion: just strip naked and instantly journey to each city you're interested in and grab intel. Using an alt would be harder, I think.

At that, the easiest way is to partner with someone and examine two markets at once (which I've done).

You do not necassarily need alts, but those will make the checking faster, because you can just sit next to marketplace. Also there are times when you are not near any city with your main character (in guild territory for example), so you want to use alt so you do not need to move. That is why I said "Now those who did merchanting used alts and/or fast traveling.." 😉

@Tuoni

Alts sound like a marginal benefit at best for merchants; I have no problem with people using them to check markets.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured