Will dropped maps be included?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

As title states, just wondering if this is a mechanic that would be introduced into the game? If so would it be a craft-able item being dropped in fragments to get the whole? Or possibly from a tough enemy? My personal opinion on it would be that it really does give flavour and immersion. In games I've seen it done right, it gave you that jolt of excitement and nervous/amazing feeling when trying to find it before anyone else found you and would try and take it away. Even if that last bit wasnt included and no one could take it from you, it still was fun especially when you only had a rough idea of where it was and then had to dig around to find it.

Anyway, just wondering what anyone else's opinion on the matter is 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You mean a treasure hunt? I would love that. 😛

@vengu Yep, exactly! Leads you to a target location to dig for treasure. Could have a minigame involved too so its a little bit more interactive. Could even be a way of getting unique titles and so on, not just gear, cash or resources.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi yeah, maybe with some events that also requires to be smart; treasures protected not only by monsters and guardians but also by things like riddles or hidden fatal traps so that even the most prepared for the battle have to remain focused Xd

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Treasure hunt will be perfect ^^ It remind me the puzzle jump of GW2, a nice way to try something different ^^

• TF#10 - CONSUL

A system like ESO also works really nicely: the map shows you a literal "sketchy drawing" of the "x" that marks the spot, and you need to try and find out where, in the world, that corresponds too. Of course in a few months all of the maps have been found out and spoiled online, but then again, no one forces you to look for the answer hehe 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi said in Will dropped maps be included?:

@vengu Yep, exactly! Leads you to a target location to dig for treasure. Could have a minigame involved too so its a little bit more interactive. Could even be a way of getting unique titles and so on, not just gear, cash or resources.

I Loved clue scrolls in Runescape. +1 to treasure hunting. 😄

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Treasure hunt is a thing that will fit pretty well in this game where you will be exploring every single thing, looking for hidden stuff and all that ^^

@karuro Very much agree! More creative; adventurous!
    @Esher Yeah! Its only a simple addition really but makes a world of difference.
    @Luccheno I did like that too actually, but for the reason you put I'd say a random location works best to deter those from trying to do that 🙂 Maybe a hybrid idea between the both would be good.
    @Vengu :thumbsup_tone2:!
    @Frost My sentiments exactly :)It just lends itself so well. My only worry is for those who say how does is work thematically, but I'm sure the devs would find a way 😏

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I like the idea of a constant sense of discovery awaiting you in the world 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured