will they include cash prizes?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Cash prizes are only for eSport viable games, not sure if the developers have eSport in their mind while developing the game.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@evolgrinz said in will they include cash prizes?:

Cash prizes are only for eSport viable games, not sure if the developers have eSport in their mind while developing the game.

Yep, I'm with evolgrinz.

Cash prizes work as the incentive for eSport style competitive games.

For Fractured I'm not sure if that works as a general incentive. I can see it working in the context of some kind of in-game gladiatorial arena where you had a PvP league or something like that. But that isn't really the core of Fractured, and it would be incentivizing only a tiny part of the community.

I think something like that would work better if it emerged spontaneously. I'm reminded of the Elite: Dangerous community that sets up their own races. It's not a part of the core game, it's something players have added on. So in-game we could have a PvP league of players that all chip in either in-game or even real money to a central account and then participate in a league where they battle out against each other to establish the winner.

Something like that emerging spontaneously sounds really neat, but I'm not sure how I feel about DS themselves actually starting one and imposing it from the top down. Something about that just feels like the wrong kind of incentive structure for the game. I don't have a super rational reason for disliking it, it's just triggering the 'this is a bad idea' nodule of my intuition and my rational brain is having a hard time reverse-engineering a plausible sounding reason to back that up.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured