Any tabletop gamers?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

We're all interested in MMOs, since - y'know: we're here. I'm wondering if any of you are also tabletop gamers? Be it tabletop RPGs or board games.

I have a weekly Pathfinder game that I participate in. That group has been gaming almost 10 years now, and we've made our way through a large variety of tabletop RPGs.

I also have a weekly Wine & Boardgames night with some coworkers where games range from Party games like Telestrations After Dark and Cards Against Humanity, to the more nerdy boardgames such as House on Haunted Hill, Zombicide, or Mysterium.

What do you all play?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Don't want this thread to get lost, so I'll have a short question: what's the best way to get into tabletop games? I only had a few contacts back in the school days and know of one place here in the city where magic tournaments and I think tabletop games too are played on a regular base... but I don't know of a single event in my surrounding area to get a glimpse and try stuff like Battletech or Pathfinder.
    Are there any good online communities which use tools like the tabletop simulator?
    I'm a Warhammer 40k fan cause of the strategy titles, but I never got into WH40k tabletop cause of the pricey figurines although I'm a passionate boardgame enthusiast ๐Ÿ˜›

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I'm not aware of communities, but in terms of online tools... I use D20Pro to allow people to play remotely when we do Pathfinder.

Hero Lab is then used for characters, and it supports a variety of game systems.

I would recommend checking out your local game shops - if they're already hosting MTG tournaments, there's a good chance they also host D&D campaign nights, Warhammer, etc.

Depending on where you're located, boardgame cafes are also slowly becoming a thing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Ok thanks for the input. Will check on the stores next month. Looking for D20Pro I also found Roll20... but the comparison reviews are from 2014 or older. Seems like both versions got new features throughout the years. Do you know of any advantages? (cause Roll20 seems like a free app depending on what workshop content you need)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Me, in fact I make them lol (although not released publicly). I play a range of stuff (from splendor to those typical types where you take forever).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt You make tabletop games or board games? How so? Also why do you not release it publicly? If you got a good idea / concept there are already several board games successfully funded on kickstarter. Still have to play through some stuff like the CLANK! expansion.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@casgadom Both tabletop and board games. I play/test them mostly with my friends. I currently don't have the time nor the fundings. More importantly, I don't exactly have the time to release several board games atm, but I might go for release in the future.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt Sounds great. You can give me a hint for sure, if you plan to release at any time in the future ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm eager to learn about new games (preferably 1-2 players up to maybe 4 or 5) ๐Ÿ˜‰

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I did try pathfinder, but couldnยดt really get into it ahah. Aside from that, if card games count, I play a few ๐Ÿ˜›

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@frost When you say card games, are you referring to games like Magic: the Gathering and Cards Against Humanity, or more traditional card games such as Poker?

@vahn Like Magic, Shadowverse, etc ๐Ÿ™‚

For me, there's a big difference between different games category under that larger "tabletop" umbrella: classic card games, board games, pen & paper RPGs and collectible cards games. Within those categories, what I consider my all-time favorites:

1. Classical card game : 500
    2. Board game : Carcassonne
    3. Pen & paper RPG : D&D
    4. Collective cards game : MTG

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

My laptop sits on a table does that count lol?

I was bit into Battletech and D&D, it shaped my gaming back in those middle school years. I found a great group of players in the Air Force also. Helped pass time on long missions and late nights in the gun shop!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I only play CCG and TCG ๐Ÿ˜›

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Magic the Gathiering for sure. Haven't played much this last year but have been trying to drag a few friends into it.
    Right now the only table top game I've been playing is Settlers of Catan with my friend group. But probably gonna start buying a couple board game geek games for us to try.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@noct you can try gwent and elder scrolls legend

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@chrightt I did. Gwent I donยดt really like. TESL is pretty cool ๐Ÿ™‚

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I go to a weekly board game night with a few friends. We play a variety of games depending on the mood from simple short games like Coup, love Letter, or Celestia to deception/perception games like Sheriff of Nottingham, Werewolf, Mysterium, to the more time intensive games like Zombicide, Mage Knight, and Millenium Blades. Constantly expanding that library of games though.

I've recently thought of an idea for a game but feel it would be better suited as a release at a later point if I were to have a smaller game that was successful beforehand so that people would be more interested in it from a publishers trust point of view. So it is likely that neither game will come to fruition because the smaller game I am stuck on. Still jotting ideas in my notebook for the larger game all the time though.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@noct yeah, gwent is not easy to get into especially because it is way more complex than regular card games. My friends are divided between loving it and disliking it.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured