about flag

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@nelchael said in about flag:

Why would we have three different flags if they all did the exact same thing?

Prolly to manage the time. You are not the developer maybe they find it easier to plit the flag in 3 parts. 10mins, 24h, 48h.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in about flag:

Stealing will falg as Thief. Thief can be hurted by good players.

Yes. With a consequence. If a Thief isn't Aggressive or Evil and you kill him, you'll be flagged as Aggressive.

without consequence holy shit. Thief and Murderers will be treated like Evil players. Will not impact the align but just how the others can interact with you.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland

Here we go again.

Thief. You get this when stealing from a Good or Neutral player. It lasts for 24 real-world hours, and prevents you from choosing a Good Alignment.

A Thief is Evil or Neutral. Why would they be given a choice to stay Neutral if anyone could kill them without consequence anyways? That makes no sense.

• Wiki Editor

Stealing will falg as Thief. Thief can be hurted by good players.

Yes. With a consequence. If a Thief isn't Aggressive or Evil and you kill him, you'll be flagged as Aggressive.

without consequence holy shit. Thief and Murderers will be treated like Evil players. Will not impact the align but just how the others can interact with you.

Nowhere does it say being flagged as a Thief makes you treated like Evil. It says being flagged as Aggressive means others can attack you without consequence as if you're Evil.

The Aggressive flag only lasts a few minutes. Thief is not an extension of Aggressive, it's a whole different flag that simply restricts your alignment choice to Neutral or Evil.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

A Thief is Evil or Neutral. Why would they be given a choice to stay Neutral if anyone could kill them without consequence anyways? That makes no sense.

Are you trolling? Why there should be a consequence for punishing a bad guy? the action of looting players is bad.

It's like somone comes to steal something in my home and I can't punish him cause people may think I'm a bad guy. Come on. looting players is bad and to give the right spot to pvers is needed otherwise the game would be one of the common gankbox.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kellewic said in about flag:

The Aggressive flag only lasts a few minutes. Thief is not an extension of Aggressive, it's a whole different flag that simply restricts your alignment choice to Neutral or Evil.

that would have no sense. I just hope that thiefs and murderers will be killable by good players otherwise there will be no good players around. And the game will die pretty soon. Kinda bore to talk about those things once per month.

• Wiki Editor

@kellewic said in about flag:

that would have no sense. I just hope that thiefs and murderers will be killable by good players otherwise there will be no good players around.

Murderers can for sure since that flag makes them literally Evil for 48 hours.

Thief you can for however long the Aggressive flag lasts providing the Thief is still Neutral. If they are Evil, have at it.

@finland

Look, maybe you want to be able kill anyone you want, anytime you want, because "justice". That's good for you. But it's just not what the article says. If you kill someone who isn't Evil or Aggressive, there's a consequence. That's a simple fact.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@nelchael If it would be like you think that would be no point to have evil players cause all pkers would go neutral and good player would have no way to punish them.

The fair thing would be Good can not kill good and neutral that are not flagged. This is the only fair thing.

• Wiki Editor

@nelchael If it would be like you think that would be no point to have evil players cause all pkers would go neutral and good player would have no way to punish them.

The fair thing would be Good can not kill good player and neutral that are not flagged. This is the only fair thing.

So the other part to this though is the loss of Karma that comes from stealing. Eventually, a repeat offender will have no choice but to choose Evil and then you can justice them all you want 🙂

@finland

In your version, there's no point in having Neutral players if you can just kill them anytime you want anyways.

@kellewic

Yep, like I said before, stealing often would force you to become Evil eventually.

the article mentions that you lose a huge amount of Karma after stealing from someone, so if you keep stealing, you'll eventually become Evil and the other players will take care of you.

Or as the article puts it,

As a rule of thumb, any unprovoked aggressive action towards players with Good or Neutral alignment triggers a Karma loss. The Karma loss for just causing damage is minor, but it’s significantly higher if you knock out your victim, and even worse if you loot its body after. Delivering the final killing bow is obviously the worst option of all, and hurts your moral stance considerably.

• Wiki Editor

@finland

In your version, there's no point in having Neutral players if you can just kill them anytime you want anyways.

@kellewic

Yep, like I said before, stealing often would force you to become Evil eventually.

the article mentions that you lose a huge amount of Karma after stealing from someone, so if you keep stealing, you'll eventually become Evil and the other players will take care of you.

Or as the article puts it,

As a rule of thumb, any unprovoked aggressive action towards players with Good or Neutral alignment triggers a Karma loss. The Karma loss for just causing damage is minor, but it’s significantly higher if you knock out your victim, and even worse if you loot its body after. Delivering the final killing bow is obviously the worst option of all, and hurts your moral stance considerably.

I do hope that Thieving is a significant drop though. I mean you have to get to -2500 Karma before Evil is your only option. I expect raising Karma will be harder than losing it. Kind of hope Thieving is like -1,000 Karma (or more) so the choice has serious consequences. An Evil player won't care, but a Neutral player shouldn't have a "safe spot" so to speak to where they can go Thieving and then just raise it back up easily.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Nope. I have never said that good people can kill neutral people. I said that good people can kill flagged neutral people and there is alot difference.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Didn't think my topic will start this type of passionate tchat.

Let's do some step by step :

1. all aligned evil are out of this topic : you're a neutral/good aligned, you see an evil, you can strike without consequences (karma gains)
    2. when you're good aligned, you couldn't engage any action like stealing or murdering (except one on evil alignment) Spotlight #6 Good Alignment

First case
    So when a Neutral alignment (player A) want to kill/steal someone (player B) :
    a) he become Agressive versus B (and versus other players also, cf "For instance, Good players become able to hurt you, while other Neutral players become able to do so as well without consequences.")
    b) Player B defense himself and don't take the Agressive flag.
    c1) Player A knock B and steal him (if you could steal a knocked player) : A is 2 flaged : Agressive for few minutes and Thief for 24h
    c2) Player A kill B and steal him : A is 3 flaged : Agressive for few minutes and Thief for 24h and Murderer for 48h
    c3) B knock A : no consequences, probably karma gain
    c4) B kill A : this action could be possible since B is good aligned ? A was neutral but considered Evil by Agressive flag so it could be possible.
    c5) B kill/knock A and steal : Player B could steal A ? if yes could he take Thief flag ?
    => what do you think on this ?

Second case @Nelchael 's one :
    A is neutral, pass near B and steal : A become Agressive for few minutes and Thief for 24h.
    a) You can’t loot the corpse of a dead Good or Neutral player. So A can't have the Agressive flag and can't perform this action.
    b) If A has already the Agressive flag on him he could steal (he's considered evil).
    c1) B ressurect and find A before the agressive time limit : B could take revenge : kill and steal without consequences (sound ok to me)
    c2) B ressurect and find A after the agressive time limit, so B must become Agressive to retake his stuff so, the good aligned must change to neutral ?? to perform this action ? It's a bit critic to me... It's here my problem...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gofrit I think that only @Prometheus or @Specter can answer this.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm glad to just stick to evil. All I will do is bad. I had the same in EVE Online. Spent all my time in 0-sec, low sec just felt weird to me with all it's rules and restriction. Got on my nerfes and I never fully understood it, same as all the replies here 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured