Dungeons

• Wiki Editor

I kind of miss the open world bosses and pre-instance dungeons. I honestly don't recall a ton of issues with those (but this was back in early EQ days). I mean, yeah, some disagreements but overall nothing too bad.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks but I think it would be very interesting to have a dungeon or system of dungeons purely for those that want a challenge.

Just because you have something hard to accomplish doesn't mean the reward needs to be some godly tier of armor or weapons. I think just having some kind of system to get trophies or a way to display your accomplishments to onlookers would be a great feat.

I'm thinking like custom items for guilds or self that can distinguish you from other players but not necessarily just make you one step above every other player due to some stat that you gain. If you think about it, you should already be above them because you have given enough time and skill to finish something they have not.

This will instill some good competition between groups of players (guilds) and players themselves because everyone wants to keep progressing to have something to show it.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@kellewic

did EQ have world pvp?

• Wiki Editor

@jetah said in Dungeons:

@kellewic

did EQ have world pvp?

I think it was only flagged on PvE servers, but with open world bosses, it wasn't too hard to kill steal rare bosses or train mobs to kill someone.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kellewic EQ had PVP specific servers where everyone was PVP. Otherwise it was flagged only.

But yea, to your point it wasn't hard to either pull a kill or wait until they failed and then kill whatever it was.

I enjoy a romp in a dungeon just like the rest, but I do think that most dungeons should be group play. Dungeons should be the hard mode for the game and getting more difficult the deeper into the dungeon you go. I do not mind at all if the entry area of a dungeon is soloable, it should be, let you see what to expect, get a feeling for the place. As soon as you cross that bridge or go down that tunnel.... you better have trustworthy backup!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I thing instanced dungeons are a must have for hack n slash.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I read a post that said dungeons won't be instanced. I wonder if that means you'll be competing against other players for loot.

@scottator It does. It will be like world bosses in other MMOs with PvP world. You will fight those bosses without competition most of the time, as not all players will be willing to PvP you. But occasionally you will encounter some PvP while trying to fight boss, as other players will want that boss too, and will have no problem PvPing for it.

@gothix @Scottator

or you'll find some players just want to pvp while a group is after the boss.

generally you want a defense group and a boss group.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@scottator means you can be killed while doing dungoens so they can loot you and your mob.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@deveus I hope to see something that's will not pvp on.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I assume there will be dungeons on all three planets. So open world bosses with three different rules. No there are dungeons completely PvP free.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine Arboreus have safe zones, devs said that want give end game to both pvpers and pvers so I suppose that will be dungeons in safe areas that will be end game and not just starting areas like happend on AO.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in Dungeons:

@benseine devs said that want give end game to both pvpers and pvers

There are several ways how to interpretate that info. We'll see. Each planet can have their own endgame dungeons seeing the difficulty to move from one planet to another

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine well I hope that will happen cause also pvers should get dungeons/boss.

@finland said in Dungeons:

@benseine well I hope that will happen cause also pvers should get dungeons/boss.

This means those particular dungeons should not have knowledge inside, or it will be unreachable for players that want to play evil aligned demons. Which is against their philosophy as they said every player should be able to get every piece of knowledge (even solo).

And if they make few knowledge points that one MUST be high karma to reach, then they must make few knowledge pieces that one MUST be low karma to reach. I deliberately say high and low karma as high karma players can switch alignment how they wish, so they would easily switch to evil for a while, get knowledge with evil requirement and then switch back to good, without the need to drop their karma, while that would not be possible for low karma players (just getting good knowledge points like that) they would need to spend ages rising karma, get knowledge, then spend ages again dropping it to be able to play their style again.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Dungeons:

This means those particular dungeons should not have knowledge inside, or it will be unreachable for players that want to play evil aligned demons. Which is against their philosophy as they said every player should be able to get every piece of knowledge (even solo).

Devs said that Evil people can not bring all 400 abilities to level 3. They also said that it will not impact too much the combat. Somehow balance those who will never survive on Tartaros.

And if they make few knowledge points that one MUST be high karma to reach, then they must make few knowledge pieces that one MUST be low karma to reach.

karma does not affect how you learn knowledge. The planets are limiting the exploration due the alignment.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix c'mon Gothix, let them have those few knowledge points on Arboreus we can't reach. We evil demons will just camp the most looked for knowledge points on Tartaros and see if the beastman can lvl more of those +400 skills to lvl 3 then us 😈😎😈

@benseine said in Dungeons:

@gothix c'mon Gothix, let them have those few knowledge points on Arboreus we can't reach. We evil demons will just camp the most looked for knowledge points on Tartaros and see if the beastman can lvl more of those +400 skills to lvl 3 then us 😈😎😈

Or play as human, get 120 attribute points, get all good knowledge first, then drop to evil and get all evil knowledge. Get human tech, and play as evil humans and control lands on human planet.

This also sounds appealing, as playing demon does.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured