Governors and City Housing Question

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I've heard a few things from both sides, but I'd like some clarification on this topic. In Terra, can a Governor or Vice Governor just willy nilly delete a persons house? Is this something that can happen? In Raven's Rest, there was a big controversy over someone deleting a few of the people's houses and they didn't know who. It made a few of those people just leave the game as a matter of fact. So, what's the real scoop? Can this happen? And if so, why? How would it be possible for a Governor to just get mad one day and delete everything from the town?

A governor cannot clear the plot, but may decide to clear the house.... even though I'm not sure if that one is actually a bug or not.

@spoletta said in Governors and City Housing Question:

even though I'm not sure if that one is actually a bug or not.

You mean, delete the house? Or delete all stuff in/around it?

Oh wow, I did not know that. Makes me glad I found a spot outside of any city. Talk about govna's gone wild.

• Loving the game!

I am also very concerned about the interaction between governors and house plots. If my house and its contents were to be deleted against my will, I must admit, it would be hard to start over.

Please clarify the current interaction, the intended interaction, and what a plot owner can do to prevent the possibility of losing their items.

My thoughts:

Governors/Vice Governors

• set price and/or rent for empty plots
      - cannot be changed while owned
    • evict players for any reason at their discretion
      - evictions take effect 5 weeks after system notice

Plot Owners

• property safe until 5 weeks after system notice of eviction
      - same time period as a max-loaded non-city plots including the negative rent week.

Thanks!

• @Masochist I am not sure if that is intended, but there does need to be a system to remove inactive players or even players that are no longer contributing to the town. Plots inside do not pay tax and can be lost if the town is sieged. To allow someone to retain a house inside the town forever will eventually kill the town if people with those plots stop playing. So there has to be a balance. Maybe and eviction notice? AS of now, the plot is lost to the town forever unless the player gives it up. I am not sure what being able to delete the house but not regain the plot does for the town other than a governor being an ass, or possibly by accident? I have no idea. But for now, if that is a concern you can always grab one outside the town.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I really like the eviction idea as it would give governors a way to reclaim their lands if they didn't tax their inhabitants as well as give these inhabitants enough time to move out, @Masochist.

However, I feel like it could use one more thing: an e-mail notification. If they get a notice for eviction, it should be sent to them via e-mail regardless of their e-mail settings on the official website.

Still no confirmed anything on this topic. I saw a bunch of people really pissed off in chat last night because some governor or other deleted someone's house. That's not right, for either planet or regardless of your status. A house plot is something that shouldn't be messed with unless there is some sort of notice from a governor or something. Like everyone else here, I believe there should be an "eviction" notice or something.

• This post is deleted!

Nice, thanks for the info!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured