Provide incentives for pvp players to go neutral instead of going red

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Right now, I have observed that many pvp players saying that there are not enough opportunities to engage in pvp experiences. Hence some pvp players feel that they have to go red in order to have more pvp opportunities.

Should the dev provide more incentives for players to go neutral? Example, make it such that only neutral players can receive divine rewards, and good and red players cannot receive divine rewards.

This will create a situation where end game players will have incentives to play neutral. This will increase higher amount of pvp opportunities for pvp players.

In this way, Aerhen pvp players will not feel that they need to go red in order have more pvp fights. In the same way, this will provide opportunities for Terra players to engage in pvp experiences if they choose to go neutral. Of course if Terra players do not wish to engage in non-consensual pvp experiences, they have the option to stay good and they will never be attacked by other players. This provides a win win situation for both pve and pvp players.

Another thing I wish to add is that does it make sense for School Proficiency to stay forever at level 10? I mean... T2 gear with T2 imbue have durability system such that players need to keep farming in order to stay at end game level. Should the dev introduce durability system for School Proficiency? The more a player use an ability of a certain school, the more the corresponding School Proficiency will start to decay. This will keep the game from stagnation and encourage players to keep farming orbs to maintain their characters at end game level. Do the players feel that this will be a workable system?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@stkmro wild folk are largely ONLY good that is an absolutely terrible idea

What there should be is in town or at least territory coliseum type things.

Of course once we got demons none of this will mean anything

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There is a full PVP planet coming in the future. Like other games a lot of PVP'ers will stay on Aehern as they like to attack people who are not PVP.

• I think this game is attempting to create space for PvE and PvP players.
    Any ideas you post should probably keep both playstyles in mind.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

the biggest neutral pvp opportunity is the world boss spawns.
    It used to be that there would be the announcement that a world boss was being spawned, which gave any other neutral players 10 min to get to the location to contest it; thus great pvp content for neutral players.
    sadly it seems that 10 min timer was done away with.
    I think that if we give enough feedback to the devs they will bring back that timer which would give that content back to you.

• @Vialli
    Is it just me, or is this concept already dying?
    Syndesia looks deserted and if you travel to Terra in the same hour, it is buzzing with people.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Syndesia Aerhen is super busy, super flooded with players. All cities spots have been fully claimed.

• Some of this population difference is because the non-PvP people do not like being ganked, so they go to Terra. There is no downside for humans to got to Terra, so they go there to farm gold and KP. Hence you get a downturn in Aehren. There needs to be a way to encourage PvP without resorting to ganking the gatherers, otherwise all you get are PvP people on Aerhen and the world dies as there is no one to gather and maintain cities.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Wargfoot said in Provide incentives for pvp players to go neutral instead of going red:

I think this game is attempting to create space for PvE and PvP players.

Creating space is the problem, game world is too big, too many housing spots, too many resources. Shrink it down based on player population and people will fight like rats over crumbs.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

The PVP and ganking of the gatherers and at the Low CR spots its not new.... it was always like that and might remain like this until the full PVP World is released. What really feels weird right now is not that theres no oportunities to PVP, there a lot.... the only issue is the praying on the non geared or players who are still farming KP and skills. It can become a toxic environment, and thats why people are going to Terra where they dont have to bother with PVPers.

• @GorethMolier
    identify with

• @tiltowait said in Provide incentives for pvp players to go neutral instead of going red:

@Wargfoot said in Provide incentives for pvp players to go neutral instead of going red:

I think this game is attempting to create space for PvE and PvP players.

Creating space is the problem, game world is too big, too many housing spots, too many resources. Shrink it down based on player population and people will fight like rats over crumbs.

The PvP play style is legitimate and many people enjoy it; however, the vast majority of players don't want to be in a tiny world fighting over crumbs. If you want that kind of intensity, I think the seige mechanic is there to provide that - it is still in development, but that goal is there.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured