First time playing fractured! Some notes/feedback

• So this is my first alpha test with Fractured. I love it! Overall it feels great so far and I think it has the potential to be an amazing sandbox mmo. I'm having a lot of fun with it. With that being said I made a list of all the things I like and all the things I think need some attention. I ask that if you disagree with something here that you don't flame me for it, these are just the things that I felt as I played the game.

good:

• combat feels active and skill based
    • exploring the map is pretty fun
    • imbuing/enchanting/socketing is a good system
    • city/ house building is fun and rewarding
    • graphics are pretty decent
    • town crafting/research mechanics are a great way to get people to join a community in-game.

needs fixing/attention:

• starting city needs an icon on the map
    • cliffs run for far too long making it very annoying to travel at times
    • enemies often get pulled from off screen making farming very hard at times(I was fighting one guy at range but now I'm fighting 5!?).
    • ice arrows mp cost is very high, mp potions would be acceptable fix
    • (as an archer) kiting is janky because if you mis-click you are suddenly running towards the enemy instead of shooting
    • more gold bearing mobs are needed in the open world (not just at hot spots)
    • need autorun so my carpal tunnel doesn't kill me
    • without gathering/refining/crafting xp requirements (like other games) the economy might not scale well with larger player base
    • not enough horse spawns
    • finding (the incredibly rare)small stones feels bad. would be less bad if you needed only 5 for campfire or when destroying a campfire you get some/all of them back. Or if you could mine a stone node and get some small rocks as well as the big block(maybe smash big block to make small rock yea?)
    • if wagon is parked on my plot it shouldn't de-spawn
    • way too much of the map feels the same (endless plains)
    • plant spawns feel very random, would be better if carrots for example spawned more in groups (stone/ore spawns feel a bit better)
    • art direction/lighting need more attention. Feels a bit bland.
    • not being able to join a good player's party if you're neutral doesn't feel right and is an inconvenience to travel back to town to change it.
    • losing max health when being knocked down feels meh, I'd rather lose equipment durability

• Content Creator

@PeggyHill said in First time playing fractured! Some notes/feedback:

starting city needs an icon on the map

Agreed, no issue with this

cliffs run for far too long making it very annoying to travel at times

This is actually the point of the cliffs. They want to make it extra annoying for those who try to cut across land instead of using the roads. Totally intentional, which is why they stopped teleportation powers from bypassing this.

enemies often get pulled from off screen making farming very hard at times(I was fighting one guy at range but now I'm fighting 5!?).

I can see how that is annoying. Especially with no way to pan the camera around.

ice arrows mp cost is very high, mp potions would be acceptable fix

They are constantly balancing costs like mana. Don't expect any mana potions or the like, however, until they get their balance correct. Even then, the mana and/or health potions will by game design be character created.

(as an archer) kiting is janky because if you mis-click you are suddenly running towards the enemy instead of shooting

This is an intended drawback in the combat system. They want the mouse driven action system so that you can sometimes mistarget and end up running instead of attacking sometimes.

more gold bearing mobs are needed in the open world (not just at hot spots)

They pretty much only want Gold mobs near POI. It has already been noticed throughout the previous alphas that there is soooo much gold available, and not enough gold sinks, that gold is already losing a lot of its value. Adding in more gold carrying mobs would only make matters worse in that regard. If you want gold, they want you to have to venture into the POIs, as an incentive.

need autorun so my carpal tunnel doesn't kill me

There has been talk about adding an autorun function. They don't want WASD movement, but they have agreed that autorun might be a good thing to add, but it is a QoL improvement that you probably won't see until Beta.

without gathering/refining/crafting xp requirements (like other games) the economy might not scale well with larger player base

Agree to disagree. I think the economy as they have it mapped out is looking pretty good so far.

not enough horse spawns

It may seem this way, but then there are an overabundance of horses out there in the game. Especially as your horse cannot be killed. It respawns with you so you can just catch one and your golden.

finding (the incredibly rare)small stones feels bad. would be less bad if you needed only 5 for campfire or when destroying a campfire you get some/all of them back. Or if you could mine a stone node and get some small rocks as well as the big block(maybe smash big block to make small rock yea?)

I could get behind this!

if wagon is parked on my plot it shouldn't de-spawn

According to design, if it is parked on your plot, its despawn timer is reset. This means carts are supposed to be safe on your property, if you have noticed differently, make sure the cart is all the way within the property line, and report the issue to Prometheus.

way too much of the map feels the same (endless plains)

They've already explained that a lot of the biome artwork is still in development. They are more working on the mechanics right now, with some fleshing out of art here and there, but nothing dedicated. Expect most of the sameness to slowly go away, but not really any major changes until Beta.

plant spawns feel very random, would be better if carrots for example spawned more in groups (stone/ore spawns feel a bit better)

Because of the whole food and reagent thing, plant spawns are purposefully randomly sprinkled around the map. However, a place where you find a patch of carrots will respawn carrots eventually not something else. They don't want wild patches of heavily grouped gather items, as they want to encourage you to explore as much as possible.

art direction/lighting need more attention. Feels a bit bland.

See above comment about art and biome work. Expect this to change by Beta, but only gradually in alpha.

not being able to join a good player's party if you're neutral doesn't feel right and is an inconvenience to travel back to town to change it.

Having remained Neutral, I haven't experimented with this yet, however, the restrictions on Good, Neutral, and Evil are being experimented actively right now to balance possible PvP on Syndesia, so expect this topic to be in flux as they work on it.

losing max health when being knocked down feels meh, I'd rather lose equipment durability

You do lose equipment durability whenever your equipment is used. However, the loss of permanent health until you go back to town was implemented about 3 tests ago to depower campsites and stop them from being exploited so much, and to make it incentivize players to go back to town periodically and not try to stay out and grind for several hours even when dropping multiple times. They want even close to deaths to truly mean something and that's why they have it this way.

Good list of Likes and Dislikes, but thought, as your new, I'd address the dislikes with some of the feedback that has already addressed these issues.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

(as an archer) kiting is janky because if you mis-click you are suddenly running towards the enemy instead of shooting

This is an intended drawback in the combat system. They want the mouse driven action system so that you can sometimes mistarget and end up running instead of attacking sometimes.

my tip is just to use the right mousebutton to attack and the left to move, the right mousebutton is like shift click in diablo and holds you in place

• @Shivashanti oh thanks, didnt think to try this!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured