Feedback on some mediocre skills & feedback on some other skills

• Wiki Editor

Last test I found a few skills mediocre compared to other skills and/or lacking information.

Death Mark
    ec6f7e30-97fb-49f9-a940-701a139c430d-image.png
    Death Mark is a simple skill to mark a single enemy.
    It only works for the caster, what's not a bad thing! It's a solution to people who have low ACC.
    The problem is casting the spell, the mana cost and the range the person can go.

To fix the casting of the spell: Push skill to apply death mark to the next person you click. or hold to toggle and death mark will apply to the next person you hit.

to fix the Mana problem: 300 mana is a lot of mana for a non-mage, people who use Death mark will have invested mostly into PER. I have 2 suggestion for this.
    #1 the spell stays at 300 mana, but you can apply Death Mark to more then one person and they stay permanently on the person until they leave 50m.
    OR
    #2 remove mana cost, you can only apply Death Mark to one person at a time. It has a cooldown of 30 sec from once you apply it. the person has to move out of render distance from you to remove the mark.

Bleeding Strike
    7dc75c6d-f83e-49aa-aee3-d0ac8065a9df-image.png
    I find the bleed spell lackluster. I mainly use it for the guaranteed hit + critical damage. a few fixes
    This spell is missing how much the bleed damage it does. it should be added to help visually see the damage.
    The bleedng strike should be like the concussive strike where for each successful Bleeding strike used the dot becomes more + last longer.
    Possible additions: Target hit by bleeding strike are wounded with bleed. Bleed dot deals 5 damage a sec and last for [PER0.6]. Bleed stacks up to 4 times, and with each stack of bleed bleed damage is increased by 5 and bleed time is increased up by another [PER0.6].

Entangling web
    00d3a0a0-1b35-4e52-ab06-039acdcedb5a-image.png
    Needs the info on how long the person will be snared for.

Paralyzing Touch
    53ea71aa-a14c-4cae-90f4-ed44b02d14db-image.png
    The sound for each hit this skill does needs to be removed or make nicer.

Shadow Step
    69ce9af7-8c74-4faf-8bad-c34f18d63c57-image.png
    This skill can easily be the backbone of the light/dagger skill tree with a simple tweak.
    This skill needs to apply a basic attack, with all combat modifiers+ other skills that might be loaded up (such as crippling strike)

Shadow dance
    b86a8bff-4f65-4ec5-b9a4-9e5ddff996cd-image.png
    Good skill just make sure it applies to all attacks when used, there is currently a number of skills/melee attacks that don't apply shadow dance skill damage.

Eviscerate
    0c127077-353c-4d2a-b71f-1212657f6ea7-image.png
    Added the bleed damage: damage to the info

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@maze

Bleed

I believe bleed is a status effect that only does a fixed amount of damage each round that it is in effect. If this is the case, then it would be hard for them to "stack" its damage, though I would think they should be able to "increase" the duration of the bleed status.

• @Ostaff said in Feedback on some mediocre skills & feedback on some other skills:

I believe bleed is a status effect that only does a fixed amount of damage each round that it is in effect. If this is the case, then it would be hard for them to "stack" its damage, though I would think they should be able to "increase" the duration of the bleed status.

It's hard to say what this status will look like in Fractured at release. If we go by the way people usually implement bleeding in D&D sessions, the options are:
    -fixed (pure) damage over time. Reapplying resets the number of rounds or/and increases the effect level. Most games have it this way.
    -extra damage that can only be healed when resting. it basically reduces your max HP. Very strong if burst healing will be a thing here.
    -bleeding characters do a check against CON each round. On success, the bleeding effect gets down by a level, on failure, it goes up by a level. Damage scales with status level and can be cured with a healing spell or various items. Makes sense in a d&d session, but not really a good idea in a PvP game. Depending on the enemy, it could be either utterly broken or very weak.
    -nothing in particular, but depending on the bleeding status level some spells/abilities have extra effects on the target
    -the d&d wiki version nobody I know uses, which would be horribly OP in a PvP game -> https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bleeding_(5e_Disease)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured