Chariot/Caravan/Carriage instead of auto follow.

• Content Creator

I would like to suggest adding Chariots, Caravans and/or Carriages to the game.

These would allow multiple players to enter them and ride along while one player controls them. This would allow for a lazy way for people to travel while afking. These should travel at the standard mount speed, not slower as that would negate a lot of the purpose.

I think this would be a great revenue option for the game as well as the cash shop could sell cosmetic options for these.

I would like one with my guild's skull on the side please and thanks. 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Interesting idea. My original hope was to be a sort of caravan guide for travelers in Arboreus, so this would make a real difference in my 'profession'

But now that I'm playing and I imagine what that might be like in practice, I'm wondering how that would work if the caravan came under attack. 🤔

It's annoying to be riding along and have to dismount bc your horsie is getting munched by random wolves or spiders, but it's realistic and keeps traveling from getting too boring. If I were the only player online and I were leading a caravan - protecting/guiding several other players who were afk - this would be really tricky.

@Nekrage - help me visualize how your idea works in this scenario, ok?

• Content Creator

@PeachMcD said in Chariot/Caravan/Carriage instead of auto follow.:

Interesting idea. My original hope was to be a sort of caravan guide for travelers in Arboreus, so this would make a real difference in my 'profession'

But now that I'm playing and I imagine what that might be like in practice, I'm wondering how that would work if the caravan came under attack. 🤔

It's annoying to be riding along and have to dismount bc your horsie is getting munched by random wolves or spiders, but it's realistic and keeps traveling from getting too boring. If I were the only player online and I were leading a caravan - protecting/guiding several other players who were afk - this would be really tricky.

@Nekrage - help me visualize how your idea works in this scenario, ok?

I love where your head is at. I think offering a taxi service to players would be an awesome idea. They can be lazy as they want but if the caravan comes under attack you would have to hop off the horse to defend it whether that be a PvP or PvE fight.

In the multi-player vehicles I think the vehicle and horse should remain there and the player controlling it would dismount. This would only occur if a player is currently INSIDE the vehicle.

I think offering a taxi service with armed guards may become an appealing profession for some players.

• Content Creator

This idea I love. I'm not a big fan of all the auto-this and auto-that requests, but a Caravan/Wagon/Litter/etc that allows passsengers (at their own risk) to travel in AFK mode, while 1 or more live active players control the caravan's progress and protect it if it comes under attack. This could allow groups to have several go AFK while leaving a couple active for long hauls, and at the point of troubles, an offline message could be sent by the 'live' guards giving a heads up to their passengers to give them a chance to re-enter and participate, but if they are too late, they suffer the consequences.

• I think it would also be nice to offer the riders a chance to shoot magic/bows from the chariot. Possible vehicle combat and allows you to keep moving if you need to defend from raiders.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Vehicle combat sounds really fun!

I can imagine people offering taxi services in their "off hours" eg guildies offline and bored. Good way to make a bit of gold if you are a bit bored of farming humanoids for X mat or gold.

In a pvp situation, coming across a taxi service could seem like you struck gold! free easy kills but wait, they weren't afk at all.

ITS A TRAAAP

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

yessss i love this c52047c20b41568a629d36221bc25074.jpg

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Oh mercy! From Fractured to Mad Max in less than 30 seconds.

@Nekrage - I notice you recognize the potential for SERIOUS losses.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was thinking of the same thing since a few days, I totally agree this would be a really cool and immersive addition.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I agree with this as long as they have a way to slow these large vehicles down. Otherwise people are going to use them as getaways cars from pvp fights. Maybe have hits on these vehicles slow them down, or have them do poorly on non-paved roads? But I completely agree with multiple person vehicles.

What I would like to see is actually a lighter wagon.

Something like just an horse with saddlebags.
    Carries only 4 items but is faster than a wagon. Right now as soon as you need to carry a single heavy item, your need to build and drive a full wagon. There should another option between a full wagon and no heavy items.

It would be good for small trades and to gather small resource nodes.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured