[Build] What would you suggest?


  • TF#3 - ENVOY

    hey everyone, i'm new to the game, i entered the world yesterday thanks to a key giveaway and i'll be able to play just for the fall alpha

    i would play an assassin-like char, i started the game without any knowledge about it and i set my stats as the first two screenshots below, after "learning" a bit about the game and how stats work i thought i would create another one for more PER bonuses (Assassinate skill uses PER) and i ended up putting stats like the second two screenshots below...

    do you think i should just continue playing my first char? or the second one would be better? i'm afraid about -100 luck ahah

    i set 10 int to the second char for the 20 points in memory cause i don't know atm how many points i may need for an assassin template and i didn't care about the resistances since i just aim to be the kind of guy that kills asap and shouldn't be touched at all (pvp and pve-wise)

    any suggestion is really appreciated, even if you suggest me to got for another stats setup, thanks in advance!

    alt text



  • I´d suggest get little more CON for Fortify or get Fortify on all your equip, because no Fortify means being permastunned (unless you have Resolve and are able to kill your enemy below 6 seconds...its on 16,4s CD, so as glass canon you probably get no other chance), being permastunned means nullifying ALL your Evasion; losing all your Evasion means being killed in two hits by 2h hammer wielding brute or in 2 seconds by nuker with nukes aiming Evasion.

    Also count with fact that in final game humans should have 120 points to spend and beastmen/demons have bonuses on stats - depending on race (so you can start with 21 in some attribute).


  • TF#3 - ENVOY

    @asspirin said in [Build] What would you suggest?:

    I´d suggest get little more CON for Fortify or get Fortify on all your equip, because no Fortify means being permastunned (unless you have Resolve and are able to kill your enemy below 6 seconds...its on 16,4s CD, so as glass canon you probably get no other chance), being permastunned means nullifying ALL your Evasion; losing all your Evasion means being killed in two hits by 2h hammer wielding brute or in 2 seconds by nuker with nukes aiming Evasion.

    Also count with fact that in final game humans should have 120 points to spend and beastmen/demons have bonuses on stats - depending on race (so you can start with 21 in some attribute).

    thanks for your reply!

    i see what you mean... well tbh it was just some random brainstorming since i can only play Fall Alpha for now 😄 this Resolve skill seems cool but ofc can't rely just on it... will try some fortitude on equip 🙂 thanks!


  • TF#11 - PROCONSUL

    @Kuroi

    I would never put CON 6. Even for a Mage, CON in this game should never be a 6.

    To be honest, I use STR 18, DEC 10, INT 18, CON 18, PER 6, CHA 6 for both my Melee and Mage builds as neither PER or CHA are needed for tank or mage.

    for a stealth build I will do STR 10, DEX 18, INT 18, CON18, PER 6, CHA 6 or I will switch PER/CHA and STR when wanting archery or crits.

    The first build actually has the most versatility since I can get all my main stats to over 20 pretty easily or a single main stat to 25+.


  • TF#3 - ENVOY

    @Ostaff said in [Build] What would you suggest?:

    @Kuroi

    I would never put CON 6. Even for a Mage, CON in this game should never be a 6.

    To be honest, I use STR 18, DEC 10, INT 18, CON 18, PER 6, CHA 6 for both my Melee and Mage builds as neither PER or CHA are needed for tank or mage.

    for a stealth build I will do STR 10, DEX 18, INT 18, CON18, PER 6, CHA 6 or I will switch PER/CHA and STR when wanting archery or crits.

    The first build actually has the most versatility since I can get all my main stats to over 20 pretty easily or a single main stat to 25+.

    thanks 🙂

    the reasons i went so high for PER are bleeding and blinding strike, dunno if there are more skills which use PER...

    why 18 int and con for a stealth build? an assassin-like char should use str dex and per...


  • TF#11 - PROCONSUL

    @Kuroi

    Do not think "classical" with this game. It will screw you up pretty bad if you do. The reason you want high INT is cause base INT is the only way to get your memory point slots and handles your regen rate of mana which is used both for your mage skills as well as some of your best dps skills. You really don't have a huge difference with a low PER versus a high PER normally, but some stealth skills do use PER for their damage and those builds should have a high PER, you do not need high PER for the ones with "duration by PER" as their duration are ridiculously low regardless of your PER. Also, PER affects your criticals so you will not want a 6 for stealth builds however a 10 would work ok as you can raise it using enchants and equipment to raise both the crit chance and crit damage on normal gear.


  • TF#3 - ENVOY

    @Ostaff sorry but i think i don't understand what you mean

    in your previous post you said you would go for 6 PER for a stealth build... then you say i wouldn't want 6 PER for stealth builds? ahah


  • TF#11 - PROCONSUL

    @Kuroi

    I said "for a stealth build I will do STR 10, DEX 18, INT 18, CON18, PER 6, CHA 6 or I will switch PER/CHA and STR when wanting archery or crits." It depends on what you are aiming for really.. even though I use STR 10, PER 6 for a couple of my melee dps builds most of them will have the STR and PER switched. If you are wanting a "crit" stealth build though, then you would probably go more PER.



  • In videos Ive seen chars with PER 6 doing well. Depends who you want to attack (high evade rogues / fortify wars / willpower mages) and how (max dmg vs max crits vs max both). Also there are "guarantee hit" attacks. Accuracy is there mainly for CC.
    And stats are there just to calculate damage and cooldown, everything else is gainable from items/enchants.


  • TF#3 - ENVOY

    i would just play an assassin like character: high evade, damage and/or crits, stealthy

    both for pve and pvp

    how should i set my stats on creation atm?


  • TF#11 - PROCONSUL

    @Kuroi said in [Build] What would you suggest?:

    ust play an assassin like character: high evade, damage and/or crit

    Evasion is completely broken for PvP, though I heard it works alright for PvE. For a Stealth build you will want High DEX, INT, CON, wear Ghoul Leather, unarmed (you will use some touch skills), get all the Stealth Talents, and go to Shadow Goblins for all their skills. Don't expect your "invisibility" to work, but you can get a nice hefty pure damage boost from all that stealth. This works great against PvE and allows you to kill Wisps, however again.. its not very useful in PvP. PvP is pretty much a straight up melee STR build.



  • @Ostaff However going dagger way gives you more dmg nodes on talent tree (dagger damage has more procentual damage increase than others + light weapons damage increase ... and I guess "melee damage bonuses" from STR branch also counts, as daggers are melee).
    Also like spear the dagger should negate 40% or armour which is imo great and talent giving 25% chance to completely negate armour is huge. Against enemy with 50% damage resist from armour it basicly means +25% chance to double damage further multiplicative with crit if crit occures. Not sure if wiki is correct about Heavy blow for example, but atm it states the ability can be used with melee weapons - so probably also dagger.

    So it´s bonus from STR, then 32% dmg from STR nodes, 56% dmg from DEX nodes, 60% increase from Death mark...if one has 20 PER and dagger user should.

    So far 148% increase + 10% chance to crit for double (with PER 20) + 25% chance to ignore armour (and 100% chance to nullify 40% armour). If heavy blow works with dagger, it´s +200% weapon damage if it´s additive or x2 if multiplicative.
    And ofc +110% with STR 25 (or 80% with 20 which ise reachable with most races).

    Dagger should also be more usable against shields as it´s 2x faster than heavy 2h weapons and 1/3 faster than medium.

    Problem is one would have to stay immobile, but then dagger should have way bigger dps than any other weapon and gap would increase with opponents armour. So yes, nukes are best with slower big weapons, but daggers have more stable dps and one miss with dagger doesn´t hurt as much as with half slower weapon.


  • TF#3 - ENVOY

    @asspirin that sounds great, so how would you suggest to set the creation stats to reach that point?



  • @Kuroi well so far bear kin seems fine for such thing - Frenzy gives attack/move speed fron CON and bear can reach 25 Constitution, so he can leave DEX at 6 and max PER while having nearly maxed fortify save and resolve most of time activated (stun immunity), not even talking about Shield block on 2s CD 😄 .
    But it seems more like PvE build, noone will voluntarily stand and wait for you to rape them, lot damage in one swing is why slow weapons are better suited for pvp. Unless you go heavy CC assassin ... who is also able to take the beating from melee.

    ...or who can pick their target (aka leave warriors alone and rape casters :D). Or one that will use Slow + shield block on 2s cd--> 2h melees will land nearly no attack on you.


Log in to reply
 

Copyright © 2020 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured