Support classes in Fractured

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

(Walking through the woods.... and see a large spiked pit.)

Me: Be carefull, there's a pit over there!

(Wagnan the Wizards waves his hand) "There is no pit over there"

Me: There is not pit over there..... (walks over the pit and falls in)

Me: There's a pit over here!

@Jetah Oops I mentioned SWTOR but it was actually SWG.

Problem with allowing players to add absolutely anything to game (music) is that lots of trolls would deliberately add such compositions that are most disturbing and aggravating to listen, just to grief everyone aroumd them.

I guess devs could predefine hidden melodies and let players discover them usimg skills, but thats then not a player music, and evemtually everyone discovers all the tunes and have them.

Player added music would need mandazory checking for quality before its added and that takes staff control time, and time costs money. So that would need to be premium option.

EDIT: and my post needs mandatory grammar check.

• What about a setting to decide if you are able to hear player-music or not?
    (Like a mute button for bard music only if necessary.)
    Then you can just mute bad songs, but still enjoy if people make good music. 🙂

@FluffKugel said in Support classes in Fractured:

n you can just mute bad songs, but still enjoy if people make good m

Hmmm.... good idea... and I think they already have something similiar on two of the planets already.

Bard plays bad music..... RIP. Problem solved! 🙂

I definitely think they need to add in a Bard Academy. All bards must pass and gain their license before being allowed to make their own songs up. 😄

@FluffKugel said

What about a setting to decide if you are able to hear player-music or not?
    (Like a mute button for bard music only if necessary.)
    Then you can just mute bad songs, but still enjoy if people make good music. 🙂

I wonder whether that code would be similar to the code for muting/ignoring an annoying person in global chat? 🤔 We need that for the next test SO BAD.

• I would very much like to play a pet class that can use more than 1 permanent pet at a time like a real pet master should be able to do. Is that something I can expect, not likely unless the pets are weak, or there is some other downside to the character itself.

a report function is needed too.

ArcheAge did that and there was some bad stuff created.

@Grapher

Maybe they will allow us to have as many companions as we want as long as their total combined levels do not exceed a certain point?

That would be nice.

@PeachMcD said in Support classes in Fractured:

I wonder whether that code would be similar to the code for muting/ignoring an annoying person in global chat? 🤔 We need that for the next test SO BAD.

Similar, yes.
    It's not actually difficult from a programming perspective, but rather one more GUI component to design and integrate for the UX/UI designer. And, even though for the individual player that is probably different, it likely is further down the line of importance to implement.

Problem still remains withmute button because then you have silent bards that you cant hear in pvp. (Bard combat skills are music).

If they create it, and are trolls, you either have bad music or silent bards taking advantage of people muting them.

@Gothix said in Support classes in Fractured:

Problem still remains withmute button because then you have silent bards that you cant hear in pvp. (Bard combat skills are music)

There has to be visual feedback on the bard's skill, similar to how there is visual feedback with being inside the range of a fire totem, simply because you can't match the audio with the intended effect. Even when muted, the visual effect still persists, hence, the 'drawback' is minimal at best.

• Or two different setting:
    One bard "music/concert" in town, ... where it can be annoying.
    One bard "attacks/songs" in combat, ... where hearing could maybe help.

e.g. if my support bard is somewhere behind me I would like to hear the "more damage" song to start my burst without turning around in PVP to search for him. 🙂

honestly the whole bard thing with player created music can be solved by allowing the player to hear enemy fractured music. this allows your team/group/guild to play the music they want but allow the enemy to hear generic adventure music.

So what I am hearing is..... The music must flow.... along with the spice. 🙂

Opt in generic music for skills could work nicely.

Then player could replace generic music with his own, but other players could opt out of hearing custom music.

Being able to mute custom music of only specific players (sort of like audio ignore list) would be even more amazing!

Yes i know this would mean more work for the devs. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured