NO EU server? no thanks!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzait Why would i pay same money as someone who plays with 30-50 ping. That's 3x higher ping on average.

I haven;t seen very many games once launched after testing that didn't have multiple servers. Alpha is a little soon to be complaining about this subject.

I play at the moment Albion Online which moved the server to U.S.A. at some point. I play from EU and the high pings and constant lag spikes are a huge issue, not just for me, but for many other players as well. The game lags especially in situations when you engage to the fight, in both PvE and PvP. These issues leads sometimes to unnecessary deaths which is very annoying. I cannot even dream to do any larger scale PvP because that content is simply unplayable, small scale is hard enough already. Today I tried to gank a juicy ox, but my skill shots landed about 15m short because ping and lag... I am almost ready to give up, but I will check if the upcoming patch and corrupted dungeons (1v1 - PvP) are actually playable and enjoyable content. Therefore, if there will be only NA servers at launch in Fractured, it can lead for unfair situations especially in PvP fights. Of course the general server performance has some impact to the general feel, will see.

• I also played Albion some times.

In PVE the ping wasn't an issue for me.
    Server lags were international - therefor not only a problem for me alone...

My biggest issue was, that I often didn't get any loot during fraction fights.
    Anyone that was part of the fight could loot --> most of the times the dead players where empty when I was able to open their inventory.

Part of it because of the ping (an American friend was able to loot a lot), partly because of players using tools to loot faster. To be honest: The second part was more annoying for me

Both parts could be solved with a different method to give the winner the loot.
    e.g. throw a dice for everyone that helped in the fight to get the loot or limit people to one item per dead player every 15 seconds or ...

Sure: Good ping is nice, but playing alone isn't fun.
    Nothing feels more boring then a dead world.
    Why should I try to get stronger if no one else is around to do stuff with?

I was wondering, why EU companies goes for NA servers anyway? Because of the markets or cheaper server providers? 🤔

I like the idea of having a one big server so we all can play in the same world, however, if that means crabby performance in general (like in Albion), then I would prefer have separated server options for different locations to guarantee better gaming experience for the whole player base.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Lag hasn't been an issue when I have played.... playing from Uk

• Content Creator

@Tuoni For the most part, server load is cheaper and more stable out of the US. Also tends to be more hot-swappable server RAID farms available, which is vital for a Testing phase.

@GamerSeuss I am not sure about that stable part, at least from my experience (as an EU player) I have faced mainly problems. However, I guess it works better localy.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured