Alpha 2.3 Key giveaway.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I want to thank you all who shared your stories. I did this to show others who might read this post that sharing is caring. Also hey you got a key :).

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Thanks for doing this giveaway for the community, Oxfurd!
    I enjoyed reading these stories 😁

It's pretty amazing that through games, we can make close friendships around the world with people we would never have met otherwise!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hello @Oxfurd
    I am speechless thank you very much and soooo Happy

• I've met my girlfriend 2012 in League of Legends from a mutual friend of us. We started playing more together.. I am playing ADC while she is supporting me.. which also made us speak to each other more, even about things outside of LoL. We fell in love with each other and met for the first time in The Netherlands (I am from Germany). We are still together and hopefully will be forever. Right now we are looking for a new game to play together and both of us got interested in playing Fractured.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Amen to that..

@lopekz7 Check your DMS you both got keys i love it ~

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@lopekz7 That's really special... especially being so far apart. I would do anything to get my wife involved in gaming.

I've tried since 1997 in Ultima Online, no luck. 🐖

Deacon Z

• @Oxfurd
    I met my wife through a D&D tabletop gaming group way back. She was playing a gnome druid, and I played a human fighter. Since then we have played D&D 3.5 through 5th ed, Pathfinder 1st and 2nd ed, Earthdawn, WoW, DDO, Vanguard, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Rift, Eve Online, Tera, Wildstar... You name it, we probably played it together. My wife said to add that Gnomes rule! lol.
    Right now we're playing some online Tabletop games through Fantasy Grounds, mainly D&D 5e and Pathfinder 2.0.

@CaptJack2883 Love it, that is the way life should be. Check your DMS

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I had just graduated high school back in 06 but kept to myself for many of the years then and out of school. Ended up working a job as an electrican apprentice and got paired with this guy named Larry. Dude was crazy as could be and more then 100% complete oppisite of me. Didnt think it would last to long. Ended up on break playen a game called Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition. We kept to ourselves purdy much on breaks due to haven nothen in commen, but quickly found out I was wrong. He saw me playen and that's when it all changed. At the time we were in the same guild of people in the same game and didnt know it. Through this exsperiance I learnt to come out of my shell irl and even through the years we continued to play many other mmorpg titles such as Guildwars 1 and 2, Terra, Rift, and WoW. Till this day we are still great friends and now looking for a new game to run together again.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Oxfurd

My ex and I are both gamers -- I was a gamer grrl back in the 1970s, when women were considered freaks of nature if they were interested in "wargames." So when we had a kid, he was doomed, right?

My son was beating Civ on the MacPlus before he could read the text. My friends wanted to nickname him "Ender" but I told them they had to wait until he was old enough to read the book and decide if he liked the handle.

I have always played with him, and tolerated thousands of hours of theory crafting for games I never cared about, to the point where we called his enless prattle on car trips "listening to the Tyranids."

When my kid was in college back some years ago when LOL was on the rise and e-sports was very new (particularly in the US), he came to me to ask if he should stop out from school and try out for an e-sports team in CA. I thought about how I'd feel in his position. My own "twitch" is long gone, lol, and you're only young once. Should he take the path more travelled or take a risk on a dream?

He'd been making small change coaching people in LOL -- he was well ranked.

I took a deep breath and told him to go for it with my blessing. My friends thought I was NUTS, but I told them that e-sports was going to be bigger than American football and maybe not so big as Association Football in just a few years -- and I was right.

My kid didn't make the team -- but he came back to his "real life" with a confidence of having pursued and dream and resolved it.

A few years later, I became fully disabled -- he's about 30 now -- and he is taking care of me. I have told people if you told me when I was working I could game and blog all day, I'd say OH YEAH! But I didn't think the devil's bargain would come with a walker and many days confined to bed playing on my phone. But my kid and I are tight, and a lot of it is due to gaming together for a quarter century. Not many kids would take their mom in at his age and get along, but we do better than most housemates.

And I still smile and nod when he goes off on his "Tyranid" rants on his latest game -- because I don't "twitch" anymore, I can't really game with him in his best genres. But we share our metagames, and that's enough.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured