Zvz content

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Will there be a ZvZ (zerg vs zerg) pvp content ?? Like 10v10, 30v30 etc fighting over objecrives

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

most likley, but i wouldn't consider a 10vs10 a zvz 😉

general trend of the sandbox mmo's leans that way later on in the game, but this game is actually trying its best to thwart against that direction.

There are body collision, and other mechanics (that I'm not too familiar of) that are being implemented or going to be implemented to thwart people from doing something like, oh idk. 50 people stacked up on one cell.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As u can see there are few cities with 30+ players in each. What if they decide to fight eachother ? All i hope is that the servers can handle 30v30 at the start

@KingMiracle said in Zvz content:

As u can see there are few cities with 30+ players in each. What if they decide to fight eachother ? All i hope is that the servers can handle 30v30 at the start

i'd strongly suggest that you read the pvp mechanics of the game first and the difference between all 3 planets to get a gist of an idea of how PVP will work.

as for ZVZ, it was already answered/hinted on the Q&A that they intend to work against the typical zvz cheese mechanics like player stacking and over loading zones to lag it.

They haven't fully disclosed everything yet but those were the 2 key main areas that they've highlighted.

It sounds like your concern is on the server overload more so than the tactic itself though.

If it is the tactic itself, then it's being addressed or will be addressed. Devs have acknowledged that it'll generally be the way to go on large scale pvps/guilds, but there are many mechanics that would sort of avoid the zvz, one of them is the asteroid mechanic where scarce resources would have limited time means of accessing them.

if it is the server overload, then i'm not too familiar on what their approach is to remedy that.

There would definitely large scale pvps that are not directly related to scarce resource but a strategic location though, that'll get interesting.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I went to fractured wiki again and i can't really find a lot about zvz/gvg pvp.
    You're right. The devs will decide what's the best solution to go around their ideas and i totaly agree with that.
    As a member of one of the oldest guild/alliance in albion online i can say that the biggest issue we have in big scale zvz is about the servers even if the devs on albion online went on some questionable roads regarding big zvz scale fights(350 max players in 1 zone).
    Yes, the server overload is a big problem and i am interested to see what's their solution.

@KingMiracle

the wiki is not fully updated, a much larger and more detailed content for your Qs can mostly be found on Q&As, the knowledge about the game is definitely quite scattered so popping up a thread can definitely help answer more of your Qs.

edit:

to simplify, much about the game comes in a drip feed from lots of random players and responses from the dev.

• @Zori said in Zvz content:

[...] this game is actually trying its best to thwart against that direction. [...] There are body collision, and other mechanics

Body collision will affect gameplay, but won't discourage zergs. In fact, It might help zergs, especially in open field because people won't be able to stack. The other thing Fractured will have is FF, but they changed their minds on this a few times so I don't know what's the current state (neutral+ don't have FF, evil have FF last time I heard). This would reduce the effectiveness of zergs clearly, but it'll also introduce a lot of drama. Then it's the unlimited body-count for guilds, which encourages zergs.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured