Abilities interactions?

• Asking this as someone who has not played the beta/alpha and as such has no gameplay experience of Fractured.

1. I saw in the gameplay trailer how using a lightning spell while standing on water can shock the enemy and potentially urself. Can similarly using wind or telekinesis spells blast arrows out of the air?

2. If 2 mages shoot fire cones at each other at the same time, would both fire cones cancel each other out or will both mages take damage simultaneously.

3. I hear that there is no leveling system, instead u focus on skills. Does that mean that hypothetically, if a newly created char has 500 health and 20 Attack, then and endgame char would also have 500 health and 20 Attack as base stats? The difference being that the latter has a lot of skills up their sleeve?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Sronzer said in Abilities interactions?:

Asking this as someone who has not played the beta/alpha and as such has no gameplay experience of Fractured.

1. I saw in the gameplay trailer how using a lightning spell while standing on water can shock the enemy and potentially urself. Can similarly using wind or telekinesis spells blast arrows out of the air?

2. If 2 mages shoot fire cones at each other at the same time, would both fire cones cancel each other out or will both mages take damage simultaneously.

3. I hear that there is no leveling system, instead u focus on skills. Does that mean that hypothetically, if a newly created char has 500 health and 20 Attack, then and endgame char would also have 500 health and 20 Attack as base stats? The difference being that the latter has a lot of skills up their sleeve?

1. There is a "Range Defense" spell skill you can use that does deflect range arrow attacks. You can not, however, cast a protection against arrows shot at you on the fly as they move faster than you can cast.

2. Don't know, but again it would be very hard to cast spells at the same time.

3. Yes, You retain the same stats through out the game with veteran players having a better skill selection and enhancements from equipment they are wearing.

• Content Creator

@Sronzer well, the answer to 3 is YES. The main difference between a totally new character, and a character playing say 6 months or a year would be Talents, Skills, and Equipment, and this game isn't going to have the super-gear that something like WoW or EQ had to throw the balance way off.

• Thank you for the answers. Yay for the answer to the 3rd question being yes. Kinda was hoping answer to 1st question would be yes as well. My plan was to create a slow moving bruiser that can engage other bruisers in intense close quarters fights while relying heavily on magic to negate ranged poke so as to keep archers away from the bruisers-only fight club.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Sronzer base stats will remain the same but bare in mind that we do not have all info yet.

Besides obvious upgrades you get with number of spells at your disposal and crafted and enchanted gear, we still need more info on:

• racial transformations and what bonuses will they provide
    • number of profession items that will get added to the game and may provide further boosts (alchemy,...)
    • an effect of technological upgrades on humans (possible implants, and what not)
    • benefits of contributing to your gods (will there be any extra bonuses that we may get by working for them?)

Also, by playing longer you will make more friends, and that may also be considered a power increase compared to being solo. 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured