PK punishment

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@jetah You are free to PvP everywhere. Just join the demons for that, they suit your play style perfectly. But don´t drag the other planets along. This game is being made in a way that suits all kind of play styles, that's why there are 3 planets with different rules and each suited the best for different play styles. So don´t try to "force"other people to play the way you want.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Frost Thanks tho. I really don't understand why some players whats to pk/gank lowless on all planets. Humm I'm wondering if they suck at pvp so they prefer a sheep target. There will be somehow a sort of balance between pvp and pve. This way will be fair for both playstyles.

@frost said in PK punishment:

@jetah You are free to PvP everywhere. Just join the demons, they suit your play style perfectly. But don´t drag the other planets along. This game is being made in a way that suits all kind of play styles, that's why there are 3 planets with different rules and each suited the best for different play styles. So don´t try to "force"other people to play the way you want.

gonna be human so people wonder if i'm friendly or not. gotta keep people on their toes.

the games mechanics offer a way to pvp on the beast planet then i'll find a way to do it.

@jetah I don´t deny your play style and I do respect it. Each player has their own way of playing a game, I don´t condemn anyone for that. I just don´t like when people try to force their play style into others. If you will be playing human you will have to accept the rules the Human planet has. I'll be Human to so we'll probably see in-game a lot.
    And yes there are ways to pvp in Arboreus, you just need to teleport there with another race, tho that is something not easy to do. Hope you can do it tho, if that's your play style.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in PK punishment:

@jetah You are free to PvP everywhere. Just join the demons, they suit your play style perfectly. But don´t drag the other planets along. This game is being made in a way that suits all kind of play styles, that's why there are 3 planets with different rules and each suited the best for different play styles. So don´t try to "force"other people to play the way you want.

gonna be human so people wonder if i'm friendly or not. gotta keep people on their toes.

the games mechanics offer a way to pvp on the beast planet then i'll find a way to do it.

You will die trying. Evil players on the Beastmen planet are debuffed while Beastmen are buffed. 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You are one of those who ruin a player day 😉 one of those who really enjoy killing new/low players. It s an attidue I dislike. Remeber that a small player base make a game die. Take a look on albion pkers where free to do everything so the 70%80% of casual players rage quitted ;). I think that what we want is enjoy a game and spend some hours so it s going to be fair for everyone. Well that s what I hope.

@jetah I don´t deny your play style and respect it. Each player has their own way of playing a game, I don´t condemn anyone for that. I just don´t like when people try to force their play style into others. If you will be playing human you will have to accept the rules the Human planet has. I'll be Human to so we'll probably see in-game a lot.
    And yes there are ways to pvp in Arboreus, you just need to teleport there with another race, tho that is something not easy to do. Hope you can do it tho, if that's your play style.

look, i understand the rules of the planets. it's explained well enough in the FAQ.

I like to pvp and if there's a small chance of doing that on the beast planet, then i'm going to try.

I read you don't like it when people force their play style on others but the last few statements directed to me have you trying to force me to not pvp. i'm going to do my best to pvp on that planet!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah you still don t get it you have 1 pvp planet 1 pvp pve planet and 1pve planet and your purpose is.. go killing players in the pve planet. Wired

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland said in PK punishment:

@Jetah you still don t get it you have 1 pvp planet 1 pvp pve planet and 1pve planet and your purpose is.. go killing players in the pve planet. Wired

Let him try. He'll be a walking lootbag while on Arboreus. 😛

@jetah No I'm not forcing you not to PvP. If you read well I say "I don´t deny your play style and I do respect it". I was simply stopping you to force your PK playstyle into the other's who want to play human. That's why I also I advised you do play demon because it's the most suited environment to you, but that was only advising nothing more. You're more than welcome to play human, you just will have to follow the rules and not change them to your convenience.

@Vengu Ahaha we still don´t know how big the buff and debuff will be, and that doesn´t mean other races won´t be able to kill you there anyway 😉 It's always fun to try anyway 😛 Tho the times I'll be going Arboreus will probably be for profit, selling stuff from Syndesia at higher price there and vice versa xD

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I have the same purpose @Frost

@vengu said in PK punishment:

You will die trying. Evil players on the Beastmen planet are debuffed while Beastmen are buffed. 😛

challenge accepted!

You are one of those who ruin a player day 😉 one of those who really enjoy killing new/low players. It s an attidue I dislike. Remeber that a small player base make a game die. Take a look on albion pkers where free to do everything so the 70%80% of casual players rage quitted ;). I think that what we want is enjoy a game and spend some hours so it s going to be fair for everyone. Well that s what I hope.

thanks for assuming! I may kill some low level players but don't do it continuously but this game doesn't have levels so that jettisons that. I never said my attitude was to only kill low level players. Problem with them is they offer no challenge but again Fracture won't have levels so..

Albion dev's listened too much to the casual players which caused the true hardcore to leave. no longer where there hazardous zones, it was safe spots here and there with time to dismount, etc. it was no longer an old style game, it became a copy of current systems.

@vengu it's possible I wont wear my best gear or will attack strategically. Odds are someone will see a demon or evil human and run first or try to log quit.

@Frost but if you reread your statements, you do mention a few times to try to deny my play style. "Just join the demons for that, they suit your play style perfectly. But don't drag other planets along." "If you will be playing human you will have to accept the rules the Human planet has."

@jetah Yeah exatcly, because all of us who are playing Humans want to play it because it suits our playstyle. If we had other playstyle we would play other race. Now you come and start telling to change the rules to your convenience. I was just defending ourselves and not telling you to change.

@Finland Nice 😉 How about join my guild? 🙂 https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/419/the-ascension-midcore-pvx-international-english?page=1

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah you have no clue about what s going on albion. Gatherers and pvers are gone there are still few hard core and mid core guilds zergin around fighting for territories or pking. I managed 3 guillds and i have seen more than 400ppl rage quit after few days. Trust me thats not funny when you try to grow a guild or a community

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Finland Taking it a few hours back now haha. I enjoy pvp. I remember the early days of vanilla wow where me and a few of the other faction would be lvling together through the same zones and a sort of rivalry built up where we would wpvp in these matched situations. I do enjoy ganking and I do enjoy PK but only when its meaningful and not toxic in nature.

@jetah Yeah exatcly, because all of us who are playing Humans want to play it because it suits our playstyle. If we had other playstyle we would play other race. Now you come and start telling to change the rules to your convenience. I was just defending ourselves and not telling you to change.

@Finland Nice 😉 How about join my guild? 🙂 https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/419/the-ascension-midcore-pvx-international-english?page=1

I never said I wanted the rules changed. I accept them as they are. But I will try to get on the beast planet to pvp.

@Jetah you have no clue about what s going on albion. Gatherers and pvers are gone there are still few hard core and mid core guilds zergin around fighting for territories or pking. I managed 3 guillds and i have seen more than 400ppl rage quit after few days. Trust me thats not funny when you try to grow a guild or a community

so you're saying the developers didn't put safe timers when zoning in the black zones? they didn't enforce a skill cooldown when you dismount? Outside of those I've read, I've ignored it. Kind of glad I did. It seemed during the alpha/beta the developers started to listen more to the non-pvp players by reducing the amount of yellow, red and black zones. I just found out there's one continent that doesn't have pvp at all. That wasn't the game I signed up for.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah you havent played live maybe, the royal continent had pvp on, in yellow and red zones.. only blu was safe. Blu = maximum of t4. If players wanted to do something they had to go at least in t6-t7 that s a red zone pvp on and full loot.. players are forced to cross red zones to get in to the main city. You can easly pk now as 2. One with stuns and the other with claws. During beta pk was too easy and stupid.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

OK the game is build around the concept of three planets, three different playstyles. Beast planet for pve, Demon planet for (lawless) pvp/pk and Human planet for pvp/pve.

There are two things that need to be addressed. The first one is what kind of justice system the human planet will have. Sure, apparently we don't know yet, but when the devs design that justice system it has to be meaningful and not too restricting. It should allow pvp in the end of the day. It may be in the context of guild wars (and not solo player killing), it may be in the context of bounties or whatever, but it should not be an excuse for not allowing pvp. Otherwise, just make the human planet just pve and be done with it.

Secondly, a question. We know that a demon may visit the beast planet. It may be difficult, but it will be possible, Will the demon be able to stay at that planet? Will it be possible to ally with the beasts and do pve if the player chooses to do so? Will it be possible to kill the beasts? Which world's rules will apply in that example?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@Phaethonas it appears to be more alignment based then faction based (evil can attack all, lawful not). it seems like beast get a solid home world advantage with increased attributes when on their home world.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hate open world PvP. That said I think @Jetah is closest to what the game will be. I do think that most serious PKers will want to hunt casual players on beast world.

And the game will let them. With big enough playerbase we will have constant stream of demons and evil humans there.

That's why I started this topic - what should be their punishment when they're killed there. Cause that's probably the best way to manage it. If PK is too hard then 'pvp everywhere' is a false statement. And if it's possible without consequences then casuals will quit.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured