Really Disappointed.

• Wiki Editor

@Elric
    I saw all the posts and somehow missed it, when you started it 7 days ago.
    I guess i was too much into the game to test, so i wasn't seen it.

I was reading the stuff that was going on last days, and yes, it was also a kind of toxic. I don't want to judge any Source of it 😉

You was frustrated and wanted just to leave a bit grumbling expression.
    Others got frustrated to read about it.

I can tell you, this community is far away from being toxic.
    Far far away!
    For sure such a community feels wronged if it happens, that someone who not even know them say not so nice things about them:
    @Elric said in Really Disappointed.:

Meanwhile, all I see in chat is a bunch of kids trolling new players.
    People would ask where there were open plots, so trolls would suggest spots that were open - and then laugh when people got there to find all the spots taken. Fun stuff.

...On the bright side, I'm glad I ran into the toxic community and gameplay issues before I invested any money into the game. It's just disappointing....

As other said, this is an Alpha with a lot of missing content and mechanics.
    Also it wasn't "the Community" that you got known, it was a bunch of people who got free access, since we had a stresstest. The next active Alpha Phase will be just with backer again. And i can promise you, this community is great and helpful. And you will enjoy playing Fractured and see it's potential.

I can forgive you the first rant you had, because you maybe did not think about, that the "community" you faced is not the community that stands for that game. 😉

As for your Game Issues.

However, my 1 hour in the game was frustrating and pointless.
    I started out messing with gathering / crafting and some PvE.
    That part was alright, but going any farther was a waste of time.
    Literally every single plot on the map is taken. I ran for 40+ minutes and did not see a single open plot of land to test any of the player housing and building mechanics.
    Why have an open Alpha test if every single plot on the map is already taken?

That all plots was taken, was to expect, since every tester was running for it.
    But look, thats a good sign, even it was bad for you, since you could just step in late.
    A good sign, because that means we had a lot of tester and the Devs had much oppotunities to learn about it.
    Don't worry, with the next test we start from new, as in every test...
    I maybe built now my 8th or 9th house? I don't know 😄
    Also they will change the way it works. Because that was planned from beginning.
    It will not be that important for you to have a house from start. Also it will cost you something to get it.
    That was planned since beginning. But developing this takes time 🙂

It's just disappointing, because I thought this game had an insane amount of potential.

If you like the concept, try to get us all known.
    Get the Developement Team known, be a part of the Community.
    Thats simple as it is.
    And to say it with @Pwnstar words: "You can't get away from toxic people." Thats true. But you can find the people you like to be with and ignore the ones who want to destroy your fun.

Last but not least i want to defend Pwnstar a bit. When i was reading your entry my opinion about it was also a bit like: "hey... you complain about toxic people, but step into us with a very toxic behaviour, you litterally said, you are happy that you consider us all as toxic people, to know who you don't want to get known."

I just say it with the words of @PeachMcD

Paz y Luz from the peaceful lands of Arboreus

• Wiki Editor

@Xzoviac said in Really Disappointed.:

A big chunk of us wont be licking rocks with the beastmen 😉

Not all Beastmen will hug trees and lick rocks... i am very sure about 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzoviac - I totally grok the urge to kick asshats where it hurts. And we all have different definitions of what sort of asshattery deserves kicking. That's why I suggested that individuals use DMs instead of making a public display of their righteous indignation.

I'm not at all the goody-two-shoes you might be assuming I am; I'm just an old lady who's been around the block enough times to know what works and what doesn't. I've learned to pick my battles, and acting as 'tone police' isn't my gig. I will, however, raise my hand and beg to differ when the testosterone level surges beyond any attempt at constructive dialog.

I know it may surprise some to hear it, but desiring some Kumbaya/Compassion/Golden Rule in an community isn't actually a sin, and doesn't necessarily make a person weak or stupid. Rock licking? 👅 👅 🤣

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@PeachMcD said in Really Disappointed.:

@Xzoviac - I totally grok the urge to kick asshats where it hurts. And we all have different definitions of what sort of asshattery deserves kicking. That's why I suggested that individuals use DMs instead of making a public display of their righteous indignation.

I'm not at all the goody-two-shoes you might be assuming I am; I'm just an old lady who's been around the block enough times to know what works and what doesn't. I've learned to pick my battles, and acting as 'tone police' isn't my gig. I will, however, raise my hand and beg to differ when the testosterone level surges beyond any attempt at constructive dialog.

I know it may surprise some to hear it, but desiring some Kumbaya/Compassion/Golden Rule in an community isn't actually a sin, and doesn't necessarily make a person weak or stupid. Rock licking? 👅 👅 🤣

Well i dont think you are weak or stupid, and i dont know what you consider old,

I think we are just on different Spectrum when it comes to, dealing with individuals.
    for 15 years i played a hardcore PVP Korean MMO, running a guild.
    At one point our guild was fighting the 5 other big guilds all at the same time thanks to my personality 🙏

if people fell out in my guild, we didint have a chat about it if the 2 people involved couldnt work it out between themselves i made them both fight to the death in the "palace" (the free pvp zone with out pk points or loot drops), the loser was kicked out the guild and became our enemy.

I Like your personality Peach, its refreshing to see kind people, im just not one of them 😊 😇 😇

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured