Environmental Combat

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Here you can see that Fractured has environmental combat...

I also understand that clothing will drastically impact both PvP and PvE. But I was just curious what other types of environmental combat will we see that do not involve water or ice?

Basically will there be environmental combat/strategies for places such as Tartaros?

And will we see environmental strategies that involve collision or status effects?

• Wiki Editor

@tsoo said in Environmental Combat:

Here you can see that Fractured has environmental combat...

I also understand that clothing will drastically impact both PvP and PvE. But I was just curious what other types of environmental combat will we see that do not involve water or ice?

Basically will there be environmental combat/strategies for places such as Tartaros?

And will we see environmental strategies that involve collision or status effects?

In the same video on Tartaros you can see the earth coming up to block the pursuer as a combat strategy/collision.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@tsoo On tartaros should be the location on the left, we can assume the possibility that it can be temporarily extinguished until it flows again.

Yes and Yes.

• @tsoo said in Environmental Combat:

But I was just curious what other types of environmental combat will we see that do not involve water or ice?

Hopefully they take some inspiration from effects and interactions from Divinity Original Sin 2: webs, lava, smoke, oil, poison puddles and clouds that explode when exposed to fire, blood as a substitute for water (with players leaving blood puddles from damage), and holy/unholy elements that can be applied to any type of environmental element to alter their effects.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@kellewic said in Environmental Combat:

In the same video on Tartaros you can see the earth coming up to block the pursuer as a combat strategy/collision.

My apologizes, I was under the impression that "earth" was on all planets and was not a component. You could probably use that same skill indoors. AFAIK, there are no elemental requirements for skills. So that skill would work the same on all planets and in all scenarios.

If it only works on Tartaros, I stand corrected but I was asking about the additional environmental factors. Skills that function the same everywhere BUT function differently depending on the environment. For example, could that same skill be used in water to create a tidal wave and cause knock back?

Are there skills that have a "special environmental" effect only on Tartaros? If its functions the same everywhere, that's just how the skill works. With the absence of ice and water, under what circumstances would a skill have a special environmental effect on Tartaros?

We won´t know until we can play the game, or Japoco releases some specific information...
    With where the games wants to go, all I can say is. Yes, it should 😉

Only for one Planet (Tartaros), we don´t really know. We don´t have enough information to really say anything regarding this. But it could be that some fire based spells have some special effekt in some areas in Tartaros which they can´t get on other planets. That´s about all I can think of right now as Tartaros only "special environmental" effect

@target said in Environmental Combat:

But I was just curious what other types of environmental combat will we see that do not involve water or ice?

Hopefully they take some inspiration from effects and interactions from Divinity Original Sin 2: webs, lava, smoke, oil, poison puddles and clouds that explode when exposed to fire, blood as a substitute for water (with players leaving blood puddles from damage), and holy/unholy elements that can be applied to any type of environmental element to alter their effects.

Ya, combat in Divinity Original Sin 2 was a blast (literally). 🙂

Summoning oil to slow down enemies, then lighting the oil with a fire spell, or using electricity on pools to stun enemies were mechanics I frequently exploited. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured