Hello bois few questions

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I just recently found out about this game and it looks interesting.

1. How viable will solo play be compared to Albion Online for example?
    2. What benefits will vip subscription give, what does it cost and can it be bought with in game currency from other players like in EVE or Albion?
    3. Will Angel look different from demons and abomination different from the original forest dude form?
    4. Are there any safe areas in the demon planet where u can play if you are took drunk to fight?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@dokuwan

How viable will solo play be compared to Albion Online for example?

Unlike Albion online

Hi denispeda-since I know Albion myself very well, I can give you an answer as dev. The most important things I can outline:
    Fractured features ARPG combat, which is quite different from Albion's Dota-like style.
    Progress is horizontal and sees no grind thanks to the Knowledge System, while Albion progress is very vertical (with resources, items and everything divided in tiers) and progress requires repeating the same action over an over for a long, long time.
    The way PvP is managed is very different - on Albion, by level (low level: green, high level: red). On Fractured, by race and planet. In fact, the whole concept of races and worlds doesn't exist in Albion.
    Interactions with the environment being very important in combat are also missing from Albion.
    We have one massive open world, it's not divided in regions.
    ...and there's a lot more I could mention. Even the graphic style is different. So like... Yeah, it's very different

What benefits will vip subscription give, what does it cost and can it be bought with in game currency from other players like in EVE or Albion?

VIP MEMBERSHIP? WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?
    VIP membership is a monthly subscription planned to be priced around $10/month. It provides the following perks:

• Discounts on Store items
    • Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time
    • Other vanity rewards we might think of in the future
    • Additional study slots
    • Increased Knowledge Point gains

Will Angel look different from demons and abomination different from the original forest dude form?

0_1537301810697_6579d028-aa52-425b-85c3-45f91fb46745-image.png
    0_1537301920300_c1f51057-feaf-4a95-ae95-67da5d77a26d-image.png < click

Are there any safe areas in the demon planet where u can play if you are took drunk to fight?

Each planet is your play style: Beastmens PvE, Humans Pve/PvP, Demons PvP. Peaceful place the demons will city, even probably not all. At the expense of safe places demons have little information.

TARTAROS
    0_1537302256888_5afb8f3d-8fa3-4663-bbe1-0570902e6e9b-image.png

Tartaros, the Demon planet, is the land for all of you hardcore MMO players who want to enjoy competition at its finest. PvP is strictly Free-For-All, aside from the Nests where new Demons are born, and no punishment or limitation is imposed on Evil characters and criminals like Thieves and Murderers.

Travelling to Tartaros is extremely challenging for any Beastman, since not only they lose the buffs they are granted on Arboreus, but also become the target of the hate of Babilis. The Evil God enjoys stacking curses on the poor fellows, who could end up dying just because of them – if they don’t get slayed by Demons, that is.

Unlike Beastmen, Humans are generally tolerated by Babilis, who sees a potential for corruption in them. They aren’t directly penalized like Beastmen, but slowly lose Karma over time, unless they enjoy the protection of another God. Tyros, for instance, grants total immunity from the influence of Babilis – but of course, that comes at a price too. While the dark God is not able to reach their souls, it is more than willing to let its children do the dirty job! That is why, one hour after stepping on the planet, the presence of any protegee of Tyros is made known to all Demons in the area!

TL;DR

With open PvP, full loot, and no punishment for crime, Tartaros is a harsh environment for Demons – let alone for other races! Beastmen are directly penalized when travelling through this Evil planet, while Humans have a slightly easier time, particularly if they enjoy the protection of a God. Regardless of your race, any expedition to Tartaros should be planned more than carefully!

@dokuwan there is many topics that compare, the main difference will be that this game will be actually a sandbox....

And more to the point, all kind of gameplay are welcome here, not only slave base 5v5 like AO, there is a place for PVE, and traders, builders, and PVP, but they all equal not one above one.

• @dokuwan said in Hello bois few questions:

How viable will solo play be compared to Albion Online for example

The devs have specifically mentioned one of the key differences between Albion and Fractured is that Fractured is a lot friendlier to small groups and solo players.

@dokuwan said in Hello bois few questions:

In Fractured there are 3 planets (one PvE planet and two PvP planets), on one planet (Arboreus, PvE planet) you can solo no problem, and you can do it safely. But to have an option to play safely there you must play as beast kin race. Other 2 planets are full loot open PvP, and be sure that solo will be very hard there, and it will be recommended to play in guild (with friends) to have better chance of survival.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@gothix said in Hello bois few questions:

In Fractured there are 3 planets (one PvE planet and two PvP planets), on one planet (Arboreus, PvE planet) you can solo no problem, and you can do it safely. But to have an option to play safely there you must play as beast kin race. Other 2 planets are full loot open PvP, and be sure that solo will be very hard there, and it will be recommended to play in guild (with friends) to have better chance of survival.

I know that stuff. I plan to probably solo play demon planet. What i meant was how hard it is for example compared to soloing black zones in albion which is equivalent to demon planet in fractured, free for all pvp no rules. Basically how much there is skill involved in combat compared to just numbers.

I know that stuff. I plan to probably solo play demon planet. What i meant was how hard it is for example compared to soloing black zones in albion which is equivalent to demon planet in fractured, free for all pvp no rules. Basically how much there is skill involved in combat compared to just numbers.

Fractured is a lot more based on skill, because gear will be more or less equal for everyone. There will be no OP gear, due to player progression not being based on gear but on knowledge (horizontal progression).

So: skill > gear

Numbers wise, since gear is not a factor, Prometheus said that if you have stronger skill than others, you will probably be able to kill 2-3 players solo.

So although you CAN out skill players and stand decently on your own, you will not be able to solo an entire full party. This is not MMO where you can get OP gear, then use your skills to become a god.

Gear will be customizable and situational, it will not grow in power as you customize it, it will only get more fitting for different situations (fire damage instead of water damage, nature resistance instead of frost resistance, etc).

And you can't know what players you will engage in advance (what builds) so you can't just put on fitting gear, use your skills and rule. Occasionally it might happen, that you engage a group of lesser skilled fire mages, and you have fire resistance gear AND better skill, and you own 8 of them... but this will happen so rarely.

In most scenarios, numbers will rule.

So: group size (factoring in team organisation / quality of team leadership) > personal player skills > gear

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured