why there never a power gap? some questions and suggestion to discuss

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

or will there be? do you mean that you can win against a veteran by better skill synergy with your character or some kind of lucky composition against their skill composition? or you just mean 0 power gap.

I mean its stupid for me. I am not against the idea that i write above but if you mean 0 power gap like scaling : lv1 skill damage -> 200 lv3 skill damage -> 205 it comes real bad to me. well i have no idea about details.

but i can say that playing long time this game should be having some kind of target. Otherwise i feel like it will be very empty gameplay. And lack of roleplay. What we will do? all the time fight others and walk and kill monsters for nothing? we should be focusing on some kind of things for our improvements or build.

Suggestion :
    What would you think about mastering in one skill in the game? i mean we will be having a variety of skills as i read. But it would be also awesome to master on 1 of them. so all skills will have 3 different mastering type or kinda and when you mastered it will be your difference from others.

For example : lets say we have lighning skill. i made it lv3 by learning. Now i want to master it. and i achieve that it has 3 different mastering type : 1) lighning now goes bolder and wider. 2) lighning now cant be focused on 1 direction and it turns into lighning explode around and now stun. 3) lighning now shields your body and increase movement speed / attack speed for 10 seconds after using..

Question : Will there be possible themed skills and compositions. Like i want to create a fire mage or fire natured mage.

Question2 : Will i be able to make mixed type of characters that themed and for crafting is it possible?
    For example : I want to use a fire skinned weapon that burns when i attack and i want to use fire type spells(im afraid of variety about same type skills and options). And in addition i want to craft a different type of weapon that comes from the knowledge by my skills. Will it be possible or would you get it as a suggestion?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There might be a little vertical power with tiers or quality of gear but it won’t be 50-100% difference.

What’ll be the biggest draw for the game are invasions, crafting, housing and the replay ability of asteroids. I think we’ll have raids too but I’m not sure about them too much.

I agree. If your character doesn't really get any stronger the longer you play, then why play at all.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

That was one of my first concerns as well, but my question was a bit different though:

Would there be a need of crafters, if anyone else can turn into a crafter within one resting phase if he/she likes to do so?

And of course, you can ask this for any other profession as for warriors and mages as well.

Surely, I like the idea of no grinding, but I would also like the idea for at least some commitments as well for a character.
    In other words, some decisions should not be revoked for your character build anymore, and I hope it will not just be the cosmetic appearance of the character.

I'm really interested in infos about their plans considering abovementioned.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

this is what im actaully talking for .. there should be some kind of in-game action that we earn and master through playing some time.. that will make us different and give us difference more over than our race, family and other things.

i also wish the same for items.

I would love for some dynamic that allowed players to fight based upon skill, rather than levels or equipment. Obviously, you would still receive some bonuses for your time and effort. However, I believe that if the game isn't just a numbers and rating game, that the player interactions will be much more fluid and dynamic.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

well yes, im not a admirer for best undefeatable items or winning fights by equipment pressure. I also support that skills and tricky minds and finding tricky combos with skills mixing and kinda things be such important and decideful of a fight.

But same time i also would support that to clench our build and skills synergy we might have some kind of item-ic bonuses and maybe masterization as i mention above, it is for provide to be hard reaching by other players and not copy as they see it from me(my skillset, combos). and maybe some not-revokable things for customizing our combos and skills also would be fine.

I believe that if everything cannot be reachable that "easily"(i dont mean not reachable): skills, different type of items, crafting etc. and if they add some stronger effect to our gameplay(not such strong or less like there is nothing). There will be stronger parts of players and weaker parts between. and we live together create compositions by. There will be rpg elements and roles. maybe crafting and trade focused players etc etc...

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@memokal said in why there never a power gap? some questions and suggestion to discuss:

or will there be? do you mean that you can win against a veteran by better skill synergy with your character or some kind of lucky composition against their skill composition? or you just mean 0 power gap.

I mean its stupid for me. I am not against the idea that i write above but if you mean 0 power gap like scaling : lv1 skill damage -> 200 lv3 skill damage -> 205 it comes real bad to me. well i have no idea about details.

but i can say that playing long time this game should be having some kind of target. Otherwise i feel like it will be very empty gameplay. And lack of roleplay. What we will do? all the time fight others and walk and kill monsters for nothing? we should be focusing on some kind of things for our improvements or build.

Suggestion :
    What would you think about mastering in one skill in the game? i mean we will be having a variety of skills as i read. But it would be also awesome to master on 1 of them. so all skills will have 3 different mastering type or kinda and when you mastered it will be your difference from others.

For example : lets say we have lighning skill. i made it lv3 by learning. Now i want to master it. and i achieve that it has 3 different mastering type : 1) lighning now goes bolder and wider. 2) lighning now cant be focused on 1 direction and it turns into lighning explode around and now stun. 3) lighning now shields your body and increase movement speed / attack speed for 10 seconds after using..

Question : Will there be possible themed skills and compositions. Like i want to create a fire mage or fire natured mage.

Question2 : Will i be able to make mixed type of characters that themed and for crafting is it possible?
    For example : I want to use a fire skinned weapon that burns when i attack and i want to use fire type spells(im afraid of variety about same type skills and options). And in addition i want to craft a different type of weapon that comes from the knowledge by my skills. Will it be possible or would you get it as a suggestion?

There is no lvl 1-200

Yeah all +400 skills have mastering lvl 1-3 and that will probably be the only power gap ingame, but you can master all +400 if you are a completionist

Your gear won't be a power gap vs other gear but a situational improvement. Like better defence vs ... and better dmg vs ...

Possibilities in character creation seem endless, so a fire themed mage for sure with fire enchantnents on gear etc

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

i know that there is no lv. and i know spells can be max lv3. But this sounds very flexible and everyone can achieve them while gameplay. And in addition i read about only our race, background and kinda things would be matter as a power synergy between skills.

So i assume that because of people character/race picks everyone not gotta be using same composition of skills and some kind of broken combo. But same race and type of character players would be classed. I highly afraid of it. And there kind of class system will be happened by races.

My suggestion is about : mastering into 1 of over 400 skills and all of them skills have 3 different mastering type so this mastering issue wont be revoked and it will be our difference from other players even from same race and background users..

I am trying to make some kind of different compositions viable even they look impossible. Because i love absurd compositions to be work. Such as imagine that a healer aligned race or background character playing agressive role and mixing heal abilities with it or supportive we can say.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Hi @memokal
    This subject has come in other posts..
    Here one of the answer of @Prometheus about it...

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/2335
    @Mazikar you got it right. Yes, you can level up each ability you've learnt, 2-4 times. Leveling up an ability doesn't make it enormously more powerful - that would break the design pillar of new players being competitive from day 1. Still, it's a nice little improvement, and you'll have to choose what to prioritize along your way, without forgetting that eventually you'll be able to learn and max out all the abilities existing in the game. That being said, learning new abilities and improving them is not the only type of progression in the game, but I'm stopping here for now 😉
    I'm aware the Knowledge System as a whole might be still quite obscure to you guys. It will be covered in detail in one of the future Feature Spotlights which I'm sure will satisfy you!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@gofrit said in why there never a power gap? some questions and suggestion to discuss:

Hi @memokal
    This subject has come in other posts..
    Here one of the answer of @Prometheus about it...

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/2335
    @Mazikar you got it right. Yes, you can level up each ability you've learnt, 2-4 times. Leveling up an ability doesn't make it enormously more powerful - that would break the design pillar of new players being competitive from day 1. Still, it's a nice little improvement, and you'll have to choose what to prioritize along your way, without forgetting that eventually you'll be able to learn and max out all the abilities existing in the game. That being said, learning new abilities and improving them is not the only type of progression in the game, but I'm stopping here for now 😉
    I'm aware the Knowledge System as a whole might be still quite obscure to you guys. It will be covered in detail in one of the future Feature Spotlights which I'm sure will satisfy you!

Thats a very good info! now i feel better about it. And cant wait to see their solution to this issue, thanks.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured