[Discussion] Ingame currency system, what we want to get?

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

in this thread you can talk about the in-game currency.
    that can be name idea, alternative system or amelioration.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@suruq I guess there will be something like some kind of currency, let's call it "gold" and there will also be a system between players as an exchange of items equal in quality.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Yes i think so but what Name will have this currency ? Juste gold/silver or a fantasy/lore name ? Is there 3 different currency for each planet ?

@suruq The currency will be the same exactly (the same on each planet, as in the game plays an important role trade), and the name we can even come up with, as the developers listen to our opinion.

• Wiki Editor

I can imagine not to have one "currency", but many currencies:

• rare metals
    • spices
    • crystals
    • or even all materials are eligible to be a "currency"

I would like to see, that the player choose their own "currency" from the materials that will be available, because it will be for sure the most required ressources ingame.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@muker You’re probably right 🙂
    *serching a name*

@kralith said in In-game currency:

I can imagine not to have one "currency", but many currencies:

• rare metals
    • spices
    • crystals
    • or even all materials are eligible to be a "currency"

I would like to see, that the player choose their own "currency" from the materials that will be available, because it will be for sure the most required ressources ingame.

Then each area will have its own currency. Take herbalism, there as currency will be used grass, which is used to create health potions (since it is the most tradable). From here and will flow commodity exchange. Either people will pay with the most demanded resource from each sphere, or equal in quality from all. Metal= lunar flower; dragon Meat=electric ore, etc

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I don’t Like this system because if you want buy something to another sphere than yours, you’ll have the wrong ressource to exchange.

@suruq With all users you can always agree. So if you don't have the resource that the merchant asks you to provide, you can ask what else might be useful to him. Thus, he will give you an order for the extraction of a resource and by completing his order, you will get the desired.

• Wiki Editor

@muker and @suruq
    If we will have a system, where the currency depends on the need of a special material, we will for sure have some materials at each planet, that will be much needed by other planets inhabitants.
    In this system an special exchange will not be neccessary, because you will be always able "to pay".
    Like if a Beast from Arboreus want some Crystals from Tartaros, then the Daemon from there want surely something from Arboreus in exchange for it. Win-Win situation.
    For that this kind of system is able to work, it is recommended, that there will be special ressources on each planet, that is obtainable by its inhabitants but hard to get for foreigners.

@kralith So the game gives us this opportunity due to the fact that on one planet there is only part of biomes. If you want to get something from another planet, you will have to go there or buy from a merchant

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I still don’t agree with that for a simple reason :
    Let’s say you’re the Governors of a City and you’ve just built a marketplace or so.
    how do you manage to accept different ressources to pay a single sale order

@suruq You probably don't fully understand us. We are talking about one of the variations, not just one with the exchange of goods. We also welcome the standard money-goods system, but also consider the exchange of resources.

• Wiki Editor

@suruq Thats indeed a good question.
    But maybe it is possible to create a real currency - "Gold Pieces" per example - by your own.
    Lets say, there is a hard to get ressource that you can emboss to a coin.
    At beginning there will be maybe not that much of this, but after some exploring and trading between player it will become more and more and is eligible to pay with it NPCs.
    Beside this in trades there should be always the possibility to use material exchanges as value for "currency".
    Since we have a strong crafting and player driven economy, it would be somehow disapointing, if all is just based on a simple and stupid "gold/silver/whatever" coin based currency.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

oooow you talk about a alternative and community sytem !? i tought you talk about a system that replace the standar money system 🙂

• Wiki Editor

@suruq hehe, yes 🙂
    Well, there must be some currency, that NPCs demand.
    But even that can set up to the different materials.

NPCs could offer some materials for special other materials like diamonds, metal bars or something like that. It would also become something flaw, if the NPC offers/demand materials based by its lore.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Anyway, why not using this thread to discuss about the currency? his name, alternative sytem....

• Wiki Editor

@suruq good point.
    You can change the title of your thread to something like
    "[Discussion] Ingame currency system, what we want to get?"

And maybe a short description in first entry about the discussion theme and intention.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

i’ll do that as soon as possible
    @Specter can you move this thread to general discussions? thanks

@kralith I've already asked specter to move the topic into discussions

@suruq I sent a message to specter yet with this message to make this topic a discussion

Anyway, why not using this thread to discuss about the currency? his name, alternative sytem....

i’ll do that as soon as possible

@moderator can you move this thread to general discussions? thanks

@Specter *

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured