Care and Feeding of Foundation Recruits

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

0_1530061078347_Capture.PNG

First, if you haven't shared the kickstarter with your friends then you need to. Share it to friends, family, fellow gamers! If you have any reason to think you may find someone who is interested in the game and willing, get them excited about it now! Tell them what you love about it, tell them why they have to get on board with you, and then make SURE they sign up on the forum with your referral link. Keep talking about it, get them excited too, if THEY start referring people, THEY get points and level up, and you get points for them leveling up too! (plus, more gamers here is good for all of us)

0_1530061169495_Capture.PNG

Beat the snot out of those friends who sign up but forget to use your link. (@Madboots I'm talking about you here) Make them feel really terrible every time you see them. Follow them on the forum so that you can see their level and be certain to let them know just exactly what reward tier you're going to miss out on because they signed up without using your ref code. You don't need to be nice to them anymore because of the BETRAYAL they committed. Smite them, but make sure they know you want to take your revenge in game.

0_1530061347675_Capture.PNG

So, for those who did use your code, be sure to harass them regularly. Send them a link to the news every time a new one is shared. Check their levels on your recruit page and make sure they are climbing! If they aren't, let them know where to find the quests, and how to do them. Make sure they know HOW to find page two of the foundation quests, some of them may take a good 9 months to find it on their own. (@Aburrobb I'm sorry that I didn't know you were struggling so hard with this, I would have helped you if I had only known!) Try not to sound too condescending with the ones that need a little hand holding, just remember some people are special.

0_1530061026733_Capture.PNG

I have been known, to link my recruits who need the most help, (@Wombat) every single thing they need to do step by step, tell them to join a guild if they haven't yet and link them to mine, tell them to create a hero, and make sure they check their emails AND click on them to their overview page so that they can get you your points!

You'll have to keep going back to the ones who you KNOW are going to love the game, and show them why the Foundation Points matter. It may take months of harassment and sharing with them till they finally catch on to how cool this game is going to be, and finally, join the Foundation and start trying to gain some points (and therefore prizes) For the most reluctant, or those who have let you ramble on but haven't clicked any links, or listened to you, THESE are the people who most need to see the Kickstarter right now. THESE are the people you need to let know, what package you bought, what package their other friends have bought, how you don't want them to be left behind. You know they're going to get there eventually, but why should they start missing out on points now when they're only going to kick themselves in the future? (also ones to start linking what to do for fast points now, do ALL the quests and they'll be over lvl 30 fast, then can start collecting a small amount of daily points, and do more quests as they come along)

0_1530061424594_Capture.PNG

You can get a max of 500 points for the first 10 recruits, then 450 max for any after that. Expect to get some people to join just to be nice to you, who may not actually do any of the foundation quests, and ignore all of the mail, they're just there to make you feel good. It's the ones who are willing to go the extra mile to give you more points, that you need to focus on here! These people might actually PLAY THE GAME WITH YOU TOO!

I find that it's really great to have recruits who know each other, and you can point out the ones who haven't leveled up as fast as those who have, and spur them to compete against each other for higher points. All the while you're not only gaining points from them, you're gathering together friends who will become hyped about the game and want to play with you once it opens!

And if you have a loved one, who you are forcing to play with you anyway, (@Viketap ) feel free to walk them through everything they need to do to make you happy. Believe me when I tell you it sucks to have more stuff than someone else just cause you did the work and they didn't, when they were right there beside you all along. Just nudge them regularly and remind them, so they can get a lot of the same stuff.

Every person has a different thing that excites them. Some just like the style of the game, some love the story. Some just want to play whatever their friends are playing. I have one friend who died over the skeleton dragon pet on the kickstarter page and committed simply for that. I have another freaking out that the game WILL be on Linux. (they'll wait but I'm still working on them to join the Foundation now, to start collecting those points!)

0_1530060921012_Capture.PNG

Oh, and if you're in the top 100 on the Leaderboard already? Feel absolutely free to make certain to your friends that you do need every single point to keep the rank you have. It's what I'm doing!

And if all else fails, beat them into submission.

@greenfire said in Care and Feeding of Foundation Recruits:

And if all else fails, beat them into submission.

should have just said that..

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

yeah....
    I signed my partner up and he had a look at it and was like "oh yeah cool" and went back to playing Dota2...
    So I waited for him to die in game, then made him click on ALL of the news articles...
    After he did as much as possible he was over level 30 - free points for me ๐Ÿ˜›

If you get into the top 10.... there are cookies. ssshhhh don't tell the others!

@mazikar said in Care and Feeding of Foundation Recruits:

If you get into the top 10.... there are cookies. ssshhhh don't tell the others!

i have a cookie blocker though.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I feel like every time we recruit a new friend we should make them read this post and explain the consequences if they lack the commitment to us as friends... "And if all else fails, beat them into submission." ๐Ÿ˜‚

@greenfire How do I understand my version is outdated and it is not so clear ? (as if everything is chewed understandable, in the sense that I greet everyone and there is a link to the fulfillment of the tasks of the Fund)
    And Yes, you're promoting some kind of slavery xD
    I believe it is your friends ' business to do all the tasks and perform daily tasks, so if they do at least all the tasks, they will get level 36 and you will get a total of 400 Fund points. And force them to do so... You should be happy that your friends have entered your referral link.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@jetah simple and direct i like it, great post

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@greenfire said in Care and Feeding of Foundation Recruits:

Tell them what you love about it, tell them why they have to get on board with you, and then make SURE they sign up on the forum with your referral link.

Sometimes it seems that the personal link is not working. When we signed up my girlfriend, we used my Link, but in the end I didn't got her listed in My recruits^^ No serious problem but some questionmarks in my face ๐Ÿ˜„ And in the end dont get angry with friends you don't see listed in your Recruit page, maybee it was just an error ๐Ÿ˜‰

But very nice post ๐Ÿ™‚ And @Mazikar: I need cookies ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ So let's go for the top 10 ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

@alcriblp oh no, @Madboots is going to pay for his treachery!

Also, show your friends all the cool foundation rewards they can get. ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿ‘Œ

And, when you reach that hot leader board position, make a selfi and share it too! ๐Ÿคณ

0_1530103931328_Foundation.jpg

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Greenfire Thank you for your continues nagging and pressure, I mean always available to help. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured