๐— ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€๐Ÿ–

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

To live in this harsh world, you have to kill, otherwise you will become a victim. But someone wondered how much he will receive from the victim of meat? Maybe you too like me want to add more realism to the game? Let's say the essence is quite simple-the more production, the more kg of meat from it you can take. Will have to share the animals (well, or even some monsters) into several groups: children (little meat), teen (medium), adult (a lot)(you might want to add several groups, so write). Animals for diversity can be divided into several types (each type of animal can comes to its size and due to this, the maximum weight of meat from each breed will have its own). Why do I offer such a thing? Well, to begin with, I was not much shocked by the fact that one moose contains about 800 kg of meat throughout (depending on the breed), imagine 800!!! Do you think the game needs it or not?๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ˜‹

@muker nice buddy๐Ÿ‘

• Wiki Editor

This ties into one item I've been wondering about is how intricate gathering will be in game. Take this example of animals - will I need to carry a skinning knife to skin them? What about a butchering knife to collect meat? Can I skin and butcher the same animal (you would think so)?

One thing I like about requiring special tools to collect various resources is it makes a player decide what's worth carrying since bag space is finite. You can also synergize this with crafting so maybe there's a special multi-tool that is both a skinning and butchering knife so now it only takes up one slot in my bags or for mining/wood a double axe/pick head multi-tool only obtainable from crafting.

I think it would be cool for the game to take into account not only the size of the animal (rabbit vs a deer) but also the animal's age since this could give me various qualities of meat and skins. Not sure if there will be knowledge levels for gathering (novice, journeyman, master, etc.) but that could also be taken into account for quantity/quality.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@kellewic The game does take in to account the age of the animal, younger animals run much faster and are harder to catch. And if I remember correctly they give more/better harvest?

it depends on how meticulous they want crafting. I've seen many games that eventually just homogenize crafting. So long as the recipes just offer young meat, old meat then it wouldn't be that bad. But i don't want to need 100 slots of storage for 100 different types of meat.

• Wiki Editor

@WhoAteTheCat yeah, that's why I mentioned the age since I remember from the first video it being mentioned - haven't seen anything about age vs harvesting though

@Jetah agree; was thinking more "good" meat vs "bad" meat - so just quality which could affect the end result of what it's used in. So a "meat pie" that usually gives +10 whatever might only give +5 when using "bad" meat. Although, I wonder if it will just be meat regardless of animal, or deer meat, wolf meat, rabbit meat, etc.

@kellewic
    if recipes are generic with items then it could be any meat and the quality of that meat could determine any bonuses (if any). This way we don't have 10 different versions of stew.

geez if this game ends up having to many 'survival mechanics' I am going to have to reevaluate playing. not really interested in playing Mortal Online again

• Wiki Editor

@gibbx said in Meat from animals:

geez if this game ends up having to many 'survival mechanics' I am going to have to reevaluate playing. not really interested in playing Mortal Online again

This isn't a survival mechanic; more related to crafting/gathering, but from what I recall there will be a hunger/thirst system as well as temperature-related survival mechanics so people gathering/crafting food resources I guess are part of that ecosystem but not something everyone has to do since you could just buy food from another player.

@kellewic I think multi-tools will have to produce less resources than specialized ones with x0.7-0.8 coefficient.
    @Jetah The developers have not told us anything about the shelf life of the products so I do not touch on this topic. If the products will be spoiled, there will be different methods of cooking: roasting, Smoking, cooking, drying meat, etc. Based on them, the product will receive a different shelf life.

if recipes are generic with items then it could be any meat and the quality of that meat could determine any bonuses (if any). This way we don't have 10 different versions of stew.

Okay, let's say I will have different meat, but since I will have only 1 recipe for its preparation, then I will cook all my several types of meat as one : 1. Because of the characteristics of the meat will be taken different amounts for the preparation of the same recipe? 2. Will I have cooked meat of different quality depending on the ingredients?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

If there really are hundreds of skills. I bet some will relate to butchering and skinning. It would be nice if the skills you have learned will help determine the quality and quantity of what you can get from an animal, but I do hope it doesn't get too complicated.

It could go by meat quality, like you butcher an animal and you get general meat types like steaks, cuts, stew chunks, scraps, ribs, etc. And what you get would depend on the size of the animal. A recipe might require a whole small animal, or it might need a steak, which would only come from large animals. And depending on the age of the animal, you would be able to get more or less total meat and more or less good or poor meat. Like a very old animal might butcher almost entirely into tough stew meats.

And as for transport, levels of butchering would be nice. Like if it's something small you can bring the whole thing home like a cleaned rabbit, and you later butcher to get things like meat cuts and stew meat, but if you butcher a deer, you can only bring the whole cleaned deer home if you can load it into a wagon or something. Otherwise, you'd butcher it more and get some large cuts like haunches and sides. And then you could butcher those further to get things like steaks and cuts and stew meats and shanks suitable for cooking. With bigger chunks like that though, you could carry more if you're strong enough.

But yeah, if the game is going to be emphasizing crafting and skills, it should definitely have moderately complex butchering and cooking skills. I always love that kind of thing in a game.

@muker

i was saying you can have deer, pork, mutton, turtle, rabbit, etc stew. we don't need 5 of those recipes when 1 recipe that allows for different meat to be cooked will work. in other words, you can substitute one type of meat for another.

@mereni

How important will RNG be in crafting? Will knowledge and materials guarantee success? Or will you also need to be lucky?
    Will there be any outcome difference between an average skill craftsmen and a high skill craftsmen creating the exact same item? (small stats increments maybe)

1. There will be very little RNG in general. Consider also that Fractured's equipment is not about power gaps, but situational.
    2. There will be a difference, although moderate!

@jetah Yes, it is not a bad decision with the preparation of products. But then can be going to follow such things as: to cook meat pie > you have meat rabbit and boar > you cooked meat pie of rabbit and boar

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I totally agree the game to have this system, We all be hunting or grinding animals and monster for their loot. It gives us how to survive with our own skill to butcher, skinning, dissecting, or ,blood. But the most interesting is the size of the meat, learning the fact that one moose contain 800 KG of meat, dam. but what about monsters......maybe a dragon...........If we kill a full decent dragon, How large that can be? That be plenty for 10 players? Plus will there be any other craft-able than cooking, Using their blood for various of potion of healing or MP? Using their skins as various different effects. For example, contain bear fur to hold over a cold climate.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@yumramens You are absolutely right

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured