Hating the Grind in this genre

• What yall think about it being supposedly pushed out?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@pewpewvonstabby

pushed out from what?

• @jetah like the mechanic of grinding with the knowledge system

@pewpewvonstabby

i don't see it as a grind, you explore the game and you unlock skills. seems as further from grinding as it can get.

It is a bit early to complain about a grind, since no one is even playing the game yet. The game will be formed by the early players in alpha and beta anyway. If there is part of the game that isn't fun I would hope we can help find a way to clear it up. I see it as the biggest part of early development and play testing, the ability to get a game into the world you want to play.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Well, some MMORPGs do have less grind than others, but if you're telling a mmorpg to not have grind thats like telling a shooter to not have bullets. Some games are harder to find ammo or have limited ammo while you pretty much won't finish using your ammo in other FPS. The point is if you don't have grind in a MMORPG, there is practically no progression of your character. At that point, you might as well be playing a MOBA.

• Wiki Editor

I think the word grind itself is often used wrong.
    Different people understand the word in different kind.
    Most people who complain about the terrible grind of some games have a meaning about unneccessary grind. Well, neccessary in the game itself to reach something, but unneccessary in the own playing mind.
    Thats often things you need to do in some games, that is always repeating, always the same and always stupid tasks with no comprehensibly reason.
    This kind of grind nobody want.

@chrightt we all know, that an MMO never is really without "grind", but the difference will be, if the tasks you do don't feel like grind. At the end gives almost every game the possibility to grind things, Points, Materials, Kills, Animals, or whatever. And if someone is just a game rusher (and i'm sure we will get such kind of player too), he/she will grind the game itself, even the game will not be about grinding.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

What I call the grind is that somewhere in the game there is a spot that gives best xp/hour and you spent years there.

I like this knowledge system with exploration. It will take you everywhere in the game.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured