Spotlight overview

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Okay so the second spotlight was released, what do you think of it ? Anything you really like ? Anything you disagree with ? Honestly I thought it was amazing. As most likely a future beastmen I really thought we got a lot of useful info on the worlds surrounding the races. I did wonder how you get from planet to planet so learning about the gates n stuff was awesome. What I also thought was cool was how serious they were with preparation. You will die you don't have the right armor, or not enough food or if you don't sleep. I love that so much, it really makes you think before you head off on an adventure. I also liked how we found out the main resources on each planet, I was very curious about it since I do plan on crafting. I was kind of surprised to see gods being mentioned, I knew they spoke about it before but I didn't think it would be like this. My question is, will the gods be more involved? Will they affect beastmen and humans such as the demons god does ? Will see, but I'm sure the Lore with the gods will be amazing ( I'm quite the lore head ) but what most interested me was the eclipses. I found that amazingly genius. I wish it affected beastmen a little, but then I saw how humans and demons were affect and I changed my mind lol, but good luck to all humans. You'll need it, but honestly I loved this spotlight ( as I'm sure I will with all ) it really told us more lore, more about planets and it was just super cool. So again what did you think of it ?? I would love to know your opinion.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I was happy to see that Arborius isn't affected by the eclipses, because that would have sucked for the most peaceful PvE-like planet.

On the topic of survival, the only thing I am worried about is that it's too much micro-management. I want to play Fractured, not real-life simulator. 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Nothing to say about this spotlight ^^ This mechanics seems to be amazing, and I'm more and more hyped 😛 But I hope it will be well made, it's the first time (or not, I'm not an encyclopedia ^^ ) some systems the did appeared in the game history, so I hope there will be no problem with it ^^ And the game will not be too heavy, and there will not be too lot of things, that can pull a certain confusion in the game

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@vengu I totally agree bud !!

• DymStudios - CEO

I love the enthusiasm, thank you @Mikey14117!

@mikey14117 said in Spotlight overview:

My question is, will the gods be more involved? Will they affect beastmen and humans such as the demons god does ?

They will play quite an important role in the game. You'll be able to devote yourself to a god for various blessings, and there will be whole Divine schools of magic. We're release a full spotlight dedicated to gods in the future :slight_smile:

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@prometheus wow aweomse! I'm so excited for this ! I can't wait ! Thanks for the info as always !!!!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@prometheus said in Spotlight overview:

I love the enthusiasm, thank you @Mikey14117!

@mikey14117 said in Spotlight overview:

My question is, will the gods be more involved? Will they affect beastmen and humans such as the demons god does ?

They will play quite an important role in the game. You'll be able to devote yourself to a god for various blessings, and there will be whole Divine schools of magic. We're release a full spotlight dedicated to gods in the future :slight_smile:

I hope we can pledge ourselves to any god, not just the ones tied to our race. I was already a bit disappointed with the news that only humans can use technology, so I hope we can atleast defy the will of our race through religion. You've said in the past that it's possible to be exiled from one's own planet, let devotion to the wrong god be one of the reasons why. It's a sandbox game after all. 😛

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@vengu I completely agree

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I really loved the eclipse system, since I'm playing Human it will add a lot of "adrenaline" to the gameplay 😄

@vengu Yeah that would be pretty sweet. If we won certain buffs based on which god we devoted ourselves the most, that would be interesting to see 😛

• DymStudios - CEO

@vengu said in Spotlight overview:

I hope we can pledge ourselves to any god, not just the ones tied to our race. I was already a bit disappointed with the news that only humans can use technology, so I hope we can atleast defy the will of our race through religion. You've said in the past that it's possible to be exiled from one's own planet, let devotion to the wrong god be one of the reasons why. It's a sandbox game after all.

There are limitations to what gods you can pledge to, but not as strict as you may think. They don't depend on your race directly, but on your alignment. Some matches are obviously impossible, like a Beastman pledging to Babilis - unless, as you've said, the Beastman decides to betray its own race and turn to an Evil alignment. That's not something you do on a daily basis though - it's a long, perilious process 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured