parkour system/паркур

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

And now I want to talk about parkour. imagine a situation: In a fairly large city, a thief after a successful robbery, he caught the eye of a city guard, and this is where the parcur can come in handy, you can climb the roofs of the city, or slip through narrow barriers. What can affect the speed: first, equipment, try to run chained in steel armor, secondly, the physique, characters with a large physique will be difficult to overcome obstacles, in the third, much depends on the race.
    What do you think about it?

А сейчас я хочу рассказать о паркуре. представьте такую ситуацию: В довольно крупном городе вор после успешного грабежа, он попал на глаза страже города, и именно тут пригодится такая возможность как паркрур, вы можете взобраться на крыши города, или проскочить через узкие преграды. Что-же может повлиять на скорость: во первых, экипировка, попробуйте побегать закованными в стальные латы, во вторых, телосложение, персонажи с крупным телосложением будет трудно преодолевать преграды, в третьих, многое зависит от расы.
    Что вы думаете по этому поводу?☺

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@domowoi78 я думаю люди будут использовать скиллы как: прыжок (как на видое), телепорты и другие скиллы эскейпа.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Parkour?
    I'm so ready to try this game!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@domowoi78 It's not an easy thing to develop for an Isometric game. I would prefer the classic style. for sure I hope that will be multy terrain levels to make the difference during combat.

@Finland, Foxhole-there are elements of parkour

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I always like parkour in games 🙂 I remember the puzzles jump of GW2, they were funny 😛

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I'm not so sure parkour works in games with isometric perspectives though? At least haven't seen it implemented outside the occasional dodge-roll or dash system.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

While I don't think "parkour" could work in a game like this, I was glad to see in the gameplay/SpatialOS clip that they showed both a leap and a blink through a location that was seemingly impassable (re: walking) normally. That is already A+ in my books and makes the gameplay around quick/skilled decision making on pathing and route selection a more valuable skill.

@frequencyzero said in parkour system/паркур:

I'm not so sure parkour works in games with isometric perspectives though? At least haven't seen it implemented outside the occasional dodge-roll or dash system.

Even Ultima VIII Pagan (loong time ago) had elements of parkour. Your character could jump and climb on stuff if he was in reach. He would jump and if there was an edge to grab he would try to pull up and check if there is enough of surface to stand on, if no would fall back down.

And that was like decades ago. 😉

• @frequencyzero said in parkour system/паркур:

, but it requires wasd controls which Fractured won't seem to have. Though with click to move, you can have simple zelda-like parkour where your character automatically jumps/climbs if you're close to a ledge.

Ultima VIII Pagan, 24 YEARS ago, isometric CLICK TO MOVE with climbing.

1:35 attempt to climb
    2:12 successful climb

😎

Would be cool for them to think about it. It may be easier to add some kind of system, maybe not crazy like what we think as parkour but more of a movement possibility and cool things.

• isnt the game isometric? (based on the video on the main page) I guess it would be kind of hard(?) to implement parkour but that would be a fun addition

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured