Do we have to play pressing 6 buttons/spell

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I saw in the youtube video he play with 6 skill on the bottom part of the screen
    I would like to play with less spell like 3/4 without being too much underperforming

Is there some skill that could be passive or toggle or auto cast on trigger?

For example

an archer with skill like burning arrow
    You don t have to press it, when you have the skill arrow will always burn or press it one time to activate/deactivate

A skill magic shield when you receive magic damage you will block 75% magic damage for 5 second can happen only one time per minute

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@zpq As it was written in the section with the characteristics - the number of slots for skills is determined by your intelligence. So the variability of all builds will depend on the stats of the players.

This is because Intelligence plays a key role in learning new abilities faster and allows a character to memorize more abilities at the same time, as explained in the next chapter.

• Community Manager

@muker INT does not affect the size of your hotbar. It lets you carry aditional abilities that can be swapped with your hotbar abilities when you're out of combat, without needing to rest to do so. As for @zpq question, you will have over 400 abilities to choose from, so I'm sure there are abilities that don't require much attention. Your hotbar can also be used to slot potions, which probably won't require as much attention as abilities.

@specter said in Do we have to play pressing 6 buttons/spell:

INT does not affect the size of your hotbar. It lets you carry aditional abilities that can be swapped with your hotbar abilities when you're out of combat, without needing to rest to do so. As for @zpq question, you will have over 400 abilities to choose from, so I'm sure there are abilities that don't require much attention. Your hotbar can also be used to slot potions, which probably won't require as much attention as abilities.

I apologize for the misinformation

• Community Manager

@muker Well, my answer might not be entirely correct either. I need to check it with Prometheus.

@specter said in Do we have to play pressing 6 buttons/spell:

Well, my answer might not be entirely correct either. I need to check it with Prometheus.

Yeah, you're probably right.

The amount of memorized abilities is not fixed, but is positively influenced by the Intelligence of your character.

Personally, I'd love to have 'passive' abilities as well, though I'm not sure how well they would blend in with the idea to limit your 'active' hotbar through intelligence.

Honestly, I prefer having passives active without having to waste a slot on them, but I'll admit they usually end up making you too OP that way, so this is probably the best choice. For example, if you compare the old and the new Sonny games, you could be a lot more OP in the old ones since passives were unlimited. Once you unlocked them, you had them forever.

So yeah, in the long run having passives in your skill slots would probably be for the best. Unless there's a second hotbar just for passives, so you'd have your main bar with 8 slots, and maybe a smaller bar with 4 slots just for passives? That could work, but it might be harder to balance the game around a system like that.

• @logain I get the impression that passives are going to be entirely reserved for the talent system. We'll likely get "active" passives though, going off of games Fractured is taking inspiration from; buffs that have some sort of maintenance cost or activate off of some condition. If the game goes in that direction, I hope we get some of the hex/echantment stripping mechanics from GW1; it had an interesting meta/mindgame thing going on.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured