Punishment for Reds

• For me, some kind of timeout for reds is important.
    I would say this is important for a couple of reasons:

• A red can steal many hours of work from someone not interested in PvP, so the timeout is a "back at you bro" moment.
    • I imagine the jail mechanic gives the sheriffs a bit of satisfaction.
    • Most importantly, if a red could return to a hotspot within minutes of being cleared there would be no chance of peace at all.

Please bear in mind the history of reds in game like UO. A developer once shared that a single group of reds could generate hundreds of support tickets in an evening. While it is true that people need to do a better job of reading the box before buying a game the fact is if several hotspot can be converted into de facto arenas 24/7 many people will simply go play something else.

So the satisfaction of banishing a red, even for a few hours, is important.
    However, the game should remain engaging for reds.

In thinking on this, I wonder if the option to kill a red and send him to Tartaros - perhaps a place a healthy and dangerous jog from the portal? Maybe that would give the lawfuls a bit of a break from the constant griefing while at the same time being more fun than sitting in jail?

Don't be too hard on the idea, improve it!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I've been reading a couple of threads on the Discord about Reds and punishment and how harsh it is. I have to be honest here, it makes me laugh. Anyone who cries about punishment from killing a blue player just trying to survive is a little baby and should go outside with his friends and give up gaming.

These are the classic keyboard warriors. Everyone talking about harsh penalties and how to make them better for people who's sole purpose is to destroy the fun for others. How about the people they killed and took their shit? OP is right, some people have worked hours on trying to better themselves and it's all taken away by some asswipe that thinks that killing you is fun and he shouldn't be penalized because he joined a "PvP" game. Besides, this game was never a "PvP Game". It was a PvP and PvE and PvEvP game.

So if reds want to cry all over about penalties, sorry, not sorry.

• @Xulu said in Punishment for Reds:

I've been reading a couple of threads on the Discord about Reds and punishment and how harsh it is. I have to be honest here, it makes me laugh. Anyone who cries about punishment from killing a blue player just trying to survive is a little baby and should go outside with his friends and give up gaming.

These are the classic keyboard warriors. Everyone talking about harsh penalties and how to make them better for people who's sole purpose is to destroy the fun for others. How about the people they killed and took their shit? OP is right, some people have worked hours on trying to better themselves and it's all taken away by some asswipe that thinks that killing you is fun and he shouldn't be penalized because he joined a "PvP" game. Besides, this game was never a "PvP Game". It was a PvP and PvE and PvEvP game.

So if reds want to cry all over about penalties, sorry, not sorry.

I'm totally for 'punishment'; however, if the punishment can be entertaining that is a win for everyone. I just need them out of the way while I farm resources instead of being there 24/7.

I agree, if I was a PvP'r, I would think it sucks if you have to spend two real life days in jail. That should be re-worked because in the end, it's still a game. But the punishment should reflect the deed. Perhaps put them in a timeout for two days where they can't attack any players unless they get attacked. That would be fair in my opinion, but eventually someone would abuse that by walking into an AOE or something to get around the punishment. Anyway, I'm not crying over it because I'm not someone who steals other's crap for my enjoyment.

• @Xulu Instead of jail send 'em to a remote part of Tartaros. Something where it is a good 45 minute run and crystal farming to get back. This would be less than 2 days punishment and would encourage play in Tartaros and would keep them from infesting noob areas 24/7.

• I wonder if there is a way to know where the red died.
    If he dies in a noob zone the distance he gets sent is further into Tartaros.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I'll probably stick around long enough for Tatorous to make an appearance..or i die of old age which seems more likely. If they don't fundamentally change how someone who has zero interest in getting ganked before that then ill just delete the game and call my $300 justified.

Last time i will EVER back a game in beta. First and only..learned my lesson there.

Local reds should be punished on Syndesia, since it's (ostensibly) for faction-v-faction war, not ganking.

I'd go so far as to punish any city on Syndesia that has reds as citizens. From a faction perspective, that's like a nation harboring pirates, bandits, or terrorists.

So, I'd consider things like the following for cities with too many "Red" points on Syndesia:

• Debuffs during sieges
    • Increase upkeep/crafting gold requirements
    • Divine reward drop penalties for all citizens of the city

Ideally, reds on Syndesia would be from Tartaros during invasions, not local cities, and Tartaros reds wouldn't be debuffed. If you're a peaceful Syndesian out gathering during the invasion window, your blood is on your own head.... 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured