Additional Zoom-Out when riding horse

• As the topics says, I'd like to see an additional zoom-out when riding(not staying) horses.. Maybe aroud 30-50%? So if you reach a specific speed the max zoom-out increases a bit.. I find it sometimes hard to recognize things if the screen goes by so fast and therefore riding horses is sometimes exhausting... The world contains very interesting things I'd might want to collect but please give our eyes&brains a few seconds to recognize the stuff. What do you guys think about that?

The amount of zoom out has always been a topic of discussion, due to how heavily it influences pvp, but indeed having the zoom out increase solely while on the horse is a nice compromise which so far has not been discussed. I like it.

• I also agree with the zoom-out because I feel that when riding a horse, once you see a mob, it is too late to react since it has already aggroed you. Aggro distance and shown camera distance need to be adjusted such that not every mob in my camera(almost) aggroes me

• It would also be nice to remove the view-distance advantage to top/bottom of screen. I'm not sure how to do that in a good way. More zoom out with a view-distance fog would do it. But I think that wouldn't look as good. I should be able to see the same distance in all directions, ideally.

• You could also tie max zoom distance to perception.

@MidniteArrow I was thinking the same.

• I'd prefer an easy to implement solution early, which shouldn't have any impact on the attribute choice or other game-systems. Lets keep stuff as simple as possible. 🙂

• One thing to keep in mind is the zoom effect for different monitor sizes.

Having more zoom will multiply on other monitors (Ultra-wide/higher resolution), also it can change immersion for people joining the game.

I really like where it is now, further out could be such a tiny view that you are not able to enjoy it, though I do feel like a skill would provide a happy resolution to this. (Eagle Eye for hunters).

@spoletta said in Additional Zoom-Out when riding horse:

The amount of zoom out has always been a topic of discussion, due to how heavily it influences pvp, but indeed having the zoom out increase solely while on the horse is a nice compromise which so far has not been discussed. I like it.

So I agree with @spoletta , also I feel there is room to offer that to players that enjoy seeing further via skills or proficiencies.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

i think it could be one or two notches further out. But could give unfair advantages. I.E, im zoomed out on a horse so i can see someone mining. He cant see me yet, so i have extra time to 1) wait for him to finish the wagon load and 2) go in to stealth and take it from him.

Now, on Terra, by all means. because it doesnt matter how far you can see

• My suggestion was to have more zoom-out if you move fast on a horse, so our brains get a few milliseconds more to recognize.. It wasn't about just sitting on a horse without movement.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured