A few spoilers

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@grofire said in A few spoilers:

(...)if they going to limit the orb to 1 for any kind of creature(...)

We now know how they implemented it:
    '(...)The drop rate depends on the CR.
    And when a orb drops, it will be randomly choosed from the pool.
    Like recipes.(...)'

So, no, you don't have to explore, it's the opposite, you have to hamster-wheel grind the same best spot for days, until you get lucky with the random number generator. It's the easiest and fastest way they could implement a long term grind.

@Logain said in A few spoilers:

@grofire said in A few spoilers:

(...)if they going to limit the orb to 1 for any kind of creature(...)

We now know how they implemented it:
    '(...)The drop rate depends on the CR.
    And when a orb drops, it will be randomly choosed from the pool.
    Like recipes.(...)'

So, no, you don't have to explore, it's the opposite, you have to hamster-wheel grind the same best spot for days, until you get lucky with the random number generator. It's the easiest and fastest way they could implement a long term grind.

RNG has started and ruined lots of empires in this galaxy 😂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@GorTavaro lmao yes. i gave up tho

@Logain yes you are correct, this is a bad and annoying implementation.

@spoletta said in A few spoilers:

(...)before I start doing that I want to see the actual implementation.

Now that you have seen the actual implementation, what's your stance?

The fact that it was tied to legends isn't bad. They are the main source of them. Gives more reasons to participate in their hunt.

They also come from random mobs, but the chances are so low that I wouldn't focus on that aspect.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

That is really cool, love the variety, the only thing i hate about this game is theyr marketing ideas

The fact that it was tied to legends isn't bad(...)

So to be clear, you don't consider having to do the same 'boss run' several hundred times with a RNG to be 'grind', right?
    First you want the Legendaries to be announced and PvP, because you want more PvP and when you notice that less people kill Legendaries because of that, you want to entice them with pure grind. And that's better than the advertised solution of tying the system to exploration in a game that had 'NO GRIND' as part of it's unique selling proposition since even before Kickstarter.

Legends are not what I call grind, at least on Syndesia. They are more of a pvp event. On Arboreus indeed the situation is different, but the game was always supposed to have a grind part for those that wanted it. The point being that you were not required to do it to be competitive or to enjoy the full content of the game. The tests so far had demonstrated that the "We want grind" players were not satisfied with the game, so this system is throwing a bone at them.
    It would be nice to have this system completed with a source of orbs coming from the Journey system which rewards you for exploration achievements, which would indeed tie the skill leveling up to exploring as was initially suggested and provide an easier and non grindy source of orbs to get you to a decent level of skills (level 2 IMO).

@Logain i agree with you fully, as before dev just lied to us...
    @spoletta "The tests so far had demonstrated that the "We want grind" players were not satisfied with the game" no, its just not true... no one like the test because it was bad, and none of the promise was made, was kept, from a unique game it become a generic look a like to all other games, what the difference bettwin AO to FO, the same game.... on no, AO is already lunched 4 years ago....
    so FO is a copy of lunched game....

Sorry to say that you just don't have the data that I do. I regularly received feedback from players requesting:

• More equipment progression
    • No cap on unlockable talents
    • Harder grind
      .. and so on.

Despite us not being here for that kind of game, there are people which do request those features. Lots of them actually.
    You have to balance them with the fact that this is supposed to be an horizontal game, so a system where you get to 80-85% very quickly and then have to struggle through the remaining part is IMO the best compromise.

More equipment progression
    No cap on unlockable talents

i can agree on this 2, and it was advertise as so, but it was advertise as no grind too.

• @spoletta Quite hard to believe tbh.
    Balance of skills and items, balanced ecosystem of pve and pvp, reasonable chances for solo players, varied in-game activities.
    Just on the top of a things i, as player, would consider before deciding to spend time on the game.

Progression? Grind? There are D4 already released and PoE2 appearantly this summer. One thing is competing with AO and complety other to compete with every grind-your-free-time-away type of game.
    Especially since MMOs like that have specific category of players, who have to keep in mind how much of a free time they can spend on games.

@Caev I never said that those other points are not a concern of players, obviously they are. I was just informing that there's a non minimal amount of players which want more progression, more possible vertical progress and so on.

@grofire I could be wrong but I don't remember the game being advertised as unlimited vertical progression (unlimited talents).

@spoletta you are wrong, and i showed you already this in a pic that show the different levels of etch spell... we had this same argue before..... let me find this post.

@spoletta found it.... https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/14156/crafting-considerations/15?_=1686610757999
    seems like its you have some selective memory....

@grofire sorry, I remember that part quite clearly, but maybe you should read it again.
    It says nowhere what you are trying to say. It says that there will be talents. It doesn't say that there will be unlimited talents, at least that's what I get when I read "Up to 50".

Actually, thanks for bringing that one out since it is saying specifically what I've been saying here for a while.

The game was always meant to not be completely horizontal and instead have some form of vertical progression, just as long as a new player which got only the low hanging fruits of this progression could still compete with a veteran player which actively chased every possible bonus available.

@spoletta ya, it was never meant to be unlimited, but always vertical and horizontal.
    not me nor @Logain said that it need to have unlimited progression, we said that their should be no grind, and exploration, and every style of play can find his place.
    and what we got from the orb change, is grind, no reason to explore, and you are forced to a PVP ultra group oriented task.
    do you see our point? its nothing like was promised. its AO copy.

No grind required is different from no grind. You can grind if you want. You don't have to, and what you gain out of it doesn't make you too strong compared to someone who doesn't.

Also, as I said, I don't know the exact details of the orb system and what I saw wasn't the actual implementation. In fact it appears that it is going to be different and elite mobs will actually be a thing. Whatever those are, I still don't know.

Finally, as I said multiple times I'm 100% in favor of having orbs being rewarded for exploration achievements.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured