AMA Feedback

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I think we all know that there has been controversies regarding the AMA that just happened.

I'm gonna skip voicing out my frustrations here and instead give some pointers on what needs to change :

AMA's are time limited segments which means that there will be limited number of questions being asked. This should already be declared upfront - how many questions we have time for - this sets expectations from the community.

The second point is about deciding the questions being asked. We normally post our questions on the discord channel, instead of CM's choosing, let the community decide instead - let the top voted questions by the community be asked. This helps with transparency and nobody would have any issues with the questions being asked if there was ironclad proof that it was what the community wanted to hear answered about the most.

TL;DR
    i) Let us know number of questions upfront
    ii) Let community vote on which questions to be asked.

Bonus - It would be nice if we can have an actual active player have discussions with the developers during the AMA, someone like Spoletta for example. This is a win win situation - CM's who dont want to be there dont have to be there, and people who actually want to hear more meaningful discussions with the devs can hear them.

• @Rife said in AMA Feedback:

I think we all know that there has been controversies regarding the AMA that just happened.

I'm gonna skip voicing out my frustrations here and instead give some pointers on what needs to change :

AMA's are time limited segments which means that there will be limited number of questions being asked. This should already be declared upfront - how many questions we have time for - this sets expectations from the community.

The second point is about deciding the questions being asked. We normally post our questions on the discord channel, instead of CM's choosing, let the community decide instead - let the top voted questions by the community be asked. This helps with transparency and nobody would have any issues with the questions being asked if there was ironclad proof that it was what the community wanted to hear answered about the most.

TL;DR
    i) Let us know number of questions upfront
    ii) Let the community vote on which questions to be asked.

Bonus - It would be nice if we can have an actual active player have discussions with the developers during the AMA, someone like Spoletta for example. This is a win win situation - CM's who dont want to be there dont have to be there, and people who actually want to hear more meaningful discussions with the devs can hear them.

So do you think the CM's purposely skipped questions that they could have gotten answers for? Do you feel like if you managed to get Spoleta to ask Jacobo questions then somehow that means he's forced to answer them?

• @Rife said in AMA Feedback:

Bonus - It would be nice if we can have an actual active player have discussions with the developers during the AMA, someone like Spoletta for example.

I think this should be the main objective of AMAs. Otherwise, they could have just prepared a video recording answering all the questions or simply a blog post. What I would like to see is somewhat a discussion with a selected member of the community(I think our Mods are very suitable for this task) and the Devs(most probably Jacopo). This way, we can actually voice our concerns better and get clearer answers.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I think the AMA sessions needs some improvement. Like mentioned before why arrange a stream if there won't be any interaction with the audience? Therefore, answering questions from live chat or with player representative would be nice add.

AMA = Ask Me Anything

What is the point if people asks anything but they are not answered? I understand that some questions can be irrelevant or even hostile toned but that typically is a result of frustration related to the question. In my opinion people should at least try to mold their questions more neutral way because that will increase chances that their questions will be answered.

However, should questions been left out if the questions are not mold perfectly or the topic itself is hard? I would say, no! AMA arrangers should try to find the point and seed of the question and still give some kind of answer. Moreover, I understand the temptation to select the "easy" questions, but dodging the hard topics just irritates people even more. Typically rationalized answers will calm down even the hot topics if just the players understands the motivations behind certain choices.

• Answering questions with "we dont know yet" or "we are currently discussing pros and cons of.." is okay - straight skipping most important and controversial topics is not. Its offensive, unprofessional and shady-agenda driven. I would strongly expect an appology from gamigo/dev side towards the community for this disastrous event and then an asap follow-up AMA, dealing with the important stuff and not some meme questions or questions about how many hair some furry may have on its back.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I definitely think they cherry picked the mostly softball questions. And it certainly didn't need to be live. Only reason for it to be live is to have participation and feedback.

Given the state of Aerhen after nearly a month im concerned for Arboreus. The totally skipped those questions. And it was the very first one asked. Also very concerned over the lack of priorities. Features should never take precedence over fixes. The most glaring issue we still face is the travel bug from the tutorial and between islands. Guaranteed CTD every single time.

Then there's the store issues. Everyday there's more and more people in the player help channel with issues buying the game. Oddly enough, most of those seem to foreign. and gamingo is foreign. (to the us i mean). Shouldn't it be easier for them to buy the game?

Those two issues will kill this game faster than any other bug. Not being able to buy the game, and then when you finally can your first introduction is a game crashing bug.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured