About something

• It would be nice to get a "mission statement" from den Devs, what this BETA is about.

That said:

• As I remember the words of our Devs correctly, this is a VERY limited BETA. There will be many more NPC's - mobs - later on. Is this right?

• What is this BETA about? - What should we TEST? Do you, the Devs, have something special in mind, what we should test?

• Is it planned to leave the weaponry and armory as it is? - Or will there be many more craftable items?

• From my point of view, the "gathering" of herbs and such should be more "rewarding". Maybe the full potential of plants should only be useable when the knowledge about such a plant gets close to 100%. I know this would be something completely different in comparison to the actual state of the game, but I'd like it 😉

• This strange behaviour, when riding/running with 144 FPS and it feels "bumpy". I just tried to use lower gfx-settings, bit it is always the same.

• Placing a chest in a house, lets say at the bottom wall - and you can access the chest only, when standing a few meters aside this chest. That doesn't feel good.

• aaand I'd love to see "Treasure maps" and hidden treasures in game. That would open a completely new game in the game. Maybe creating this maps, searching for the treasure and then digging and fighting for it.

Thank you for creating this game!

So, just my 5 cents.
    And btw: I don't need PvP.

• This is just to raise the heartbeat of some of the other players who always rant about, that this not full loot aso. Ridiculous "discussions" from my point of view. 😉

• @Ookywooky said in About something:

eartbeat of some of the other players who always rant about, that this not full loot aso. Ridiculous "discussions" from my point of view.

After all your gathering and crafting and getting lots and lots of gold don't you want to pour the cash into your character and be a strong fighter?

• @Contucky nope 🙂
    I'm too old for this kind of gameplay. I always hated the Full Loot PvP even in UO when it was released. It was really a relief when Trammel was introduced. Not for all, but for me. 🙂

And I do not compare my character's armory and weaponry with others in such games - I don't need the competition. I want to get the best armor for me, but I don't wanna loose it to some Keyboard-Kung-Fu-Alien kinda gamer... 😉

• Content Creator

@Ookywooky Probably won't get the Treasure Map thing, as they want items to be totally Player Driven, so no rare loot to be found. Best you might hope for is some Gems and Gold in such a Treasure Map system, or a Rare Reagent or two. (Recipes right now would be nice...I'd follow a treasure map for them)

As for what they want tested, they want the tires kicked, so they want everything tested right now. It's beta, they want us to play the game as if it were real and see what transpires. Try to break it, and report those breaks. Etc...

The only time I've had jumpy graphics on my Laptop has been when I was out traveling the map for several hours. Usually logging out and back in fixed it...think it was just the game graphics cache filling up. Not sure. Most of the time I am smooth sailing.

• @GamerSeuss said in About something:

@Ookywooky Probably won't get the Treasure Map thing, as they want items to be totally Player Driven, so no rare loot to be found. Best you might hope for is some Gems and Gold in such a Treasure Map system, or a Rare Reagent or two. (Recipes right now would be nice...I'd follow a treasure map for them)

As for what they want tested, they want the tires kicked, so they want everything tested right now. It's beta, they want us to play the game as if it were real and see what transpires. Try to break it, and report those breaks. Etc...

The only time I've had jumpy graphics on my Laptop has been when I was out traveling the map for several hours. Usually logging out and back in fixed it...think it was just the game graphics cache filling up. Not sure. Most of the time I am smooth sailing.

ok, first things first 🙂
    -> I do not expect Armor or Weapons to be part of such "treasures". Even rare reagents and other material could be part of such "treasures". It's just about the "hunt" of such treasures, that would be great fun to have ingame. It adds some "unprdictability" to the game.

Second
    -> ok. My words.

Third
    -> It's almost smooth all the time here. But there is this "nasty" behaviour, that sometimes the screen seems not to "move" smoothely. I think I need to capture this on some video. Because I cannot explain it in english...

• Content Creator

@Ookywooky Another thing about Treasure maps is they kind of feel like quests, and other than the Tutorial, the Devs are trying to stay away from quest driven gameplay

I disagree there. Maps act in a very different way.
    In LoA and Ultima they simply pointed to a random spot of the world and had you go there and dig until you found it.
    The usual negative aspect of quests is that the railroad everyone into the same place to do the same thing. Personally I would be fine with treasure maps being implemented.

• DymStudios - CEO

Thank you for your feedback!

@Ookywooky said in About something:

aaand I'd love to see "Treasure maps" and hidden treasures in game. That would open a completely new game in the game. Maybe creating this maps, searching for the treasure and then digging and fighting for it.

This is actually planned as an expansion of the "world events system", which is currently limited to mob camps guarding treasure chests. Not high priority, but eventually it's going be a thing, which I'd love to see myself by the way. I loved the maps on UO eheh 😄

• @Prometheus said in About something:

This is actually planned as an expansion of the "world events system", which is currently limited to mob camps guarding treasure chests. Not high priority, but eventually it's going be a thing, which I'd love to see myself by the way. I loved the maps on UO eheh 😄

oh yeah! 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured