Wording

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Just a few wording problems/inconsitencies I noticed:

Tutorial Quest: Harvest Rye.
    What you actually harvest: Wheat.
    Crafting: Rye Flour: A powder made by grinding wheat in a milling stone.
    Crafting: Wheat Flour: A powder made by grinding wheat in a milling stone.

Tutorial Quest: Create Spell Preset
    What you actually have to click click: Create Ability Preset

Character Creation: Attributes are permanent!
    Character Window: Respec button.

Tutorial: Learn Spell: Swipe
    UI: Unlock Ability: Swipe

The respec button is just for the testing.
    Attributes are actually meant to be permanent.

The rest you highlighted are correct.

• Content Creator

@hooby said in Wording:

Tutorial Quest: Harvest Rye.
    What you actually harvest: Wheat.
    Crafting: Rye Flour: A powder made by grinding wheat in a milling stone.
    Crafting: Wheat Flour: A powder made by grinding wheat in a milling stone.

This is a legacy thing.

You are actually harvesting Rye. They changed it from Wheat to Rye last test, because players were exploiting the wheat fields at the starter cities to make quick and easy bags of wheat for city upkeep and upgrading. However, the change did not get updated in the tooltip that was added in this test over the Rye fields, so they show as Wheat, but when you harvest, it gives you Rye if you check.

The tooltip on grinding the flour is also mislabeled, but in the videos, they mentioned that some of the tooltips have not been updated yet, and that they aren't a priority over getting the mechanics right.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'm not complaining - just trying to help.

Changing the text should be an easy thing to do, and I do think it might make things a little less confusing for new players, if things are named in a consistent manner 😉

• Content Creator

@hooby As an alpha, and a later alpha at that, they aren't exactly looking to cater so much to making it easier for a newbie. That's why changing/updating the wording is lower priority than handling the actual mechanics and bugs out there.

I know they made it an open Alpha for the last like 5 days, but that doesn't mean they are going to suddenly go out and change their focus to these things when they still have a long list of mechanics and bugs still to tackle. Everything has priorities. Opening things up for a public Alpha is a courtesy and a stress test to see if the servers can handle a larger player load, but it generally doesn't change the fact that they only have a small group of programmers working on the game. (even with recently doubling their programmers, they still have a good bit to go to even get out of alpha) and so you have to expect the Alpha test to not be so newbie friendly.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Are you trying to tell me, that I should not be writing down and reporting wording issues with the game?

Because, you know, I could just be playing the game without pausing to take notes as well. I don't have to put in the effort to write down such things.

• Content Creator

@hooby it is always good to report such things, but it is also good to realize they are low priority, and also if you watched the 4 alpha release videos preceding this launch, you will see that they specifically mentioned that some of the tooltips and text would be wrong.

So report it, but don't expect it to change very quickly. There is always a wording they missed, as opposed to one they didn't just get around to yet, afterall.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I only tried to post a matter-of-factly list of things I noticed while trying out the game as a new player. I never asked to make this a priority, nor did I demand any fixes, nor did I complain... 😢

Gosh do I feel unwelcome now.

• DymStudios - CEO

@hooby thanks for the report, we've added all the inconsistencies to our bug backlog and it's all going to be fixed by the start of the next test - or maybe even the next patch on Monday 🙂

@GamerSeuss I understand you mean well, but please don't be so negative with people posting bugs that aren't "critical" - I noticed you've done that often during this test. Every bug report is precious, even if it's just some wrong texts!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured