π”Όπ•Ÿπ•–π•žπ•šπ•–π•€ π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•šπ•žπ•žπ•¦π•Ÿπ•šπ•₯π•ͺπŸ’Š

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I've been thinking... there are all sorts of creatures with immunity to any elemental or physical attacks. And whether it will be in the game? Take for example ghosts - they are intangible, and therefore physical attacks can not hit them, you have to use magic. I would like to see creatures that you want more "smart" approach. Or fire elemental - the fire is not how much and so on. Would you like to see a mechanic with full immunity?πŸ›‘πŸΉβš”πŸ’₯βš‘β„πŸ”₯πŸ’§πŸŒͺ

I sure hope we're going to see full immunity on some creatures.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Only in the reasonable cases like you mentioned - fire elemental with fire immunity or incorporeal creature with physical immunity. I hate to see bosses with random immunity just to make them harder.

then you have the people that pick fire and have to fight a fire immune boss. the qq will be loud on the forums.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

i wonder if you can be close to immune to an attribute if you raise the skill high enough ?

@pexellzz Complete immunity will not be

@jetah said in Enemies with immunity:

then you have the people that pick fire and have to fight a fire immune boss. the qq will be loud on the forums.

Since you can select and change your skills any time you rest, I'm sorry, I'd feel very little pity for that kind of fools.

@logain said in Enemies with immunity:

Since you can select and change your skills any time you rest, I'm sorry, I'd feel very little pity for that kind of fools.

You assume people will have all abilities. When I venture out I don’t want to see 100% immune mobs. I played against that in D3 and it sucked.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You assume people will have all abilities. When I venture out I don’t want to see 100% immune mobs. I played against that in D3 and it sucked.

Same, 100% immunity mobs are boring. It forces players to play something they might not want to do. Why the flying flip would I need to use some stupid elemental damage to kill a stupid ghost if I happen to roleplay as a upstanding knight who trains to only excel at my physical abilities because my family got killed by some stupid magic using wizard. Well, that is farfetch'd but you get my point. (props for anyone who caught the pokemon pun. lol, ghost immune to physical (normal) attacks made me think of pokemon).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

In diablo the immunity is random and isn't connected to mob type. If you were going to go to a graveyard knowing that there are ghosts immune to physical attacks you can prepare or not go there at all πŸ˜‰ If they are rare but reasonable and obvious then it should be ok. I hope nobody is expecting to kill fire elemental with fireball.

@tulukaruk said in Enemies with immunity:

In diablo the immunity is random and isn't connected to mob type. If you were going to go to a graveyard knowing that there are ghosts immune to physical attacks you can prepare or not go there at all πŸ˜‰ If they are rare but reasonable and obvious then it should be ok. I hope nobody is expecting to kill fire elemental with fireball.

if a character doesn't have spells (and scrolls don't exist) then physical immunity will suck. i'm not here for the pve though, i can get that in thousands of other games.

(...)You assume people will have all abilities(...)

(...)if a character doesn't have spells (...) then physical immunity will suck(...)

I do not assume that somebody has all abilities, but that they can acquire enough diversity with a reasonable amount of effort.

@chrightt said in Enemies with immunity:

(...)It forces players to play something they might not want to do(...)

I could turn that argument around and claim that a roleplayer playing a beggar should be able to kill the mighty dragon blindfolded without breaking a sweat. Then again, would that really be a challenging game?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

i'm not here for the pve though, i can get that in thousands of other games.

There are more sandbox full loot games around than pve games (cooperative/single-player games not conisdered, we want MMO). But remeber that the game (Fractured) is not only PvP so It's cool to suggest things also for the PvE side. The idea could be good or bad but we are here to argue.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain But the guy I mentioned wasn't roleplaying a beggar. You're comparing apples to oranges. At least use a sound argument. If the devs are smart enough, even when "gear doesn't matter that much" knowledge level/gear would still make a difference. Also, if a really skilled player can utilize everything he has really well (assuming the game allows for high skill cap plays) I can probably show you me wearing junk gear slaying strong bosses.

Besides, making an immunity system with random creature rolls will only lead down the slippery slope of power creeping. Next time you might find a monster immune to two elements and you only happen to master those two elements. gg wp. You are totally going to lose because you are "unskilled". High resistance is fine, but totally immunity sucks.

Immunity does NOT allow space for debate. On the other hand a creature with high resistance can prove exceedingly difficult to kill, but not impossible. Therefore, if the player wants to be stubborn (or only has a specific tool set) they can still achieve the goal with greater difficulty. A wall that is not passable will definitely deter some players from progressing because they can indeed blame the game for sucking. Oh yeah, and no matter how hard other people might defend the game, it does suck at that point and it definitely will lose players. Basically, high resistance is enough (and better at) achieving the goal of elemental weaknesses. Immunity is definitely not the way to go for multiple reasons.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@chrightt, @Jetah I'm assuming that if they put creatures with physical immunity they will also include reasonable way to get a weapon/skill to fight them. And that's why it might be better to have immunity then resistance - they have to include a way for you to fight them.

And random immunity is a plague and nonsense πŸ™‚ Only reasonable and explainable immunity should be included IF ANY. If it's included it should be very rare.

It might be a fun quest for example to get your Warfare to max level you'd have to beat some physically immune creatures that are of course immune to your lesser Warfare and you have to figure out a way to fight them πŸ˜›

@finland said in Enemies with immunity:

i'm not here for the pve though, i can get that in thousands of other games.

There are more sandbox full loot games around than pve games (cooperative/single-player games not conisdered, we want MMO). But remeber that the game (Fractured) is not only PvP so It's cool to suggest things also for the PvE side. The idea could be good or bad but we are here to argue.

i have no problem watching you lose against an immunity mob then kill you also.

@tulukaruk said in Enemies with immunity:

@chrightt, @Jetah I'm assuming that if they put creatures with physical immunity they will also include reasonable way to get a weapon/skill to fight them. And that's why it might be better to have immunity then resistance - they have to include a way for you to fight them.

And random immunity is a plague and nonsense πŸ™‚ Only reasonable and explainable immunity should be included IF ANY. If it's included it should be very rare.

It might be a fun quest for example to get your Warfare to max level you'd have to beat some physically immune creatures that are of course immune to your lesser Warfare and you have to figure out a way to fight them πŸ˜›

wouldn't it be better to have high resistance, lets say 80-90%, than full immunity?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

you have not got that if will be a gank fest game there will be no players like me around ;). Second thing I will do PvE only in safe zones. I will play PvP (siege kind) on Syndesia. If I will be able to grind safely. So if I get that all I will have no problems to fight mobs with hig resistance.

@finland said in Enemies with immunity:

you have not got that if will be a gank fest game there will be no players like me around ;). Second thing I will do PvE only in safe zones. I will play PvP (siege kind) on Syndesia. If I will be able to grind safely. So if I get that all I will have no problems to fight mobs with hig resistance.

no, people like you will drawn in like children.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah I will not play if will be a copy of albion (same mechanic). Neither people like me. If the equips will be only cosmetic/vanity and will not give combat benefits I will not argue about ganks and open pvp everywhere.

@logain But the guy I mentioned wasn't roleplaying a beggar. You're comparing apples to oranges.

No, but another person could, that was the point I tried to get across. If one person can roleplay as a knight, it's only fair another might as a beggar? Only because a person wants to roleplay something, it shouldn't mean it's possible and easy.

(...)Besides, making an immunity system with random creature rolls(...)

Nobody said that, people have suggested immensities where they make sense.

(...)Oh yeah, and no matter how hard other people might defend the game, it does suck at that point and it definitely will lose players.(...)

No matter what you try, you can never appease everybody. If you decide to allow players to kill fire elementals with fireballs, some people won't play the game. That's why it is important to select a specific target audience and then carter to that.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured