City Management Feedback Thread

• Wiki Editor

@Prometheus said in City Management Feedback Thread:

@Kralith did you experience anything different?

I tested right now all stations with setting "everyone".

• Chests, Storage Piles, Smelteries, Tubs, Storages at Blacksmith and Woodcutting Houses aren't accessible.

• Storage of the Packing station you can open, you even can click the sacks and the carrying animation starts, but you actually don't take the sack out. This station don't makes sense to get open to everyone. It would just confuse people, that they can craft sacks there, but can't get the sacks out.

• Storage at Woodcutting Station is accessible. You can use the wood in it for crafting, you can take out the wood from the station storage, BUT you can't place it back to the station as non citizen (didn't tried this with residental status). The hand symbol for placing something in a storage not even appears. This way is the Station not really usable for everyone, when they can't place wood logs by themself.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Kralith said in City Management Feedback Thread:

Storage of the Packing station you can open, you even can click the sacks and the carrying animation starts, but you actually don't take the sack out. This station don't makes sense to get open to everyone. It would just confuse people, that they can craft sacks there, but can't get the sacks out.

Storage at Woodcutting Station is accessible. You can use the wood in it for crafting, you can take out the wood from the station storage, BUT you can't place it back to the station as non citizen (didn't tried this with residental status). The hand symbol for placing something in a storage not even appears. This way is the Station not really usable for everyone, when they can't place wood logs by themself.

Alright then the Packaging Station and the Woodcutting Station are the only 2 bugged ones (for the former the bug is client-side only it seems), since they're both meant to be citizens-only. We'll fix it in the next patch, thank you!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

As I've mentioned in the past when this topic has come up, while I support granular and customizable permissions/ranks for city management, I also don't want chests and stations to be too easy to lock folks out of.

If you're a city who intends to open your doors to solo players, small groups, and client guilds beyond the "patron guild" as we in Meridian intend to, there should be risk associated with that decision that isn't completely neutralized by your ability to protect chests and such behind 7 different layers of permissable ranks.

Public, trusted citizen, or private seem acceptable. 🤔

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured