no progression

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I was in a group with some people fighting some mobs. I didn't get any progession. Some said it might be because i didn't do enough damage. That is quite hard with OP mobs that stunlock you and can kill you with a few hits. Or are just immun to what you can do, like the whisps. If this is the game. Then i would say it's poorly designed. What about if you implement healers!?. Will they just never progress!. It just does so people will make smaller groups. It deters from grouping. Yet some mobs seems to besigned for grouping

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@insomnia

Yes, this is a very major problem that they have with their current KP system. We are badgering them to fix it to a more reasonable method of kp gain on mob kills.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

that and the fact I just learned the hard way, after you max out a mob type in KP, you cease to gain anymore KP from said creature. So eventually its a hard dead end in gaining KP and after an extended period of time and exposure, you will eventually "run out" of making any kind of progress, then what's left but harvesting and pvp. That's quite disenchanting to me, a non progressive persistent world.

• Wiki Editor

@Hawkshield you should not forget, that we just got a small amount of content yet. I am quite sure, they think about how to keep us playing and having long time goals.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I hope, even with more added critters to KP, would it withstand years of playing?

• Content Creator

With potential added content, they should be able to keep KP progression going. New Skills/Spells added in, new Critters to fight, and of course, new Legends adding in the new tales/secrets they add in.

As to group and KP division, that is a work in progress, they are still fine tuning that one. I expect they will probably wait to directly address it until this Alpha is overwith, only because of how the code integration is probably related, but not knowing the source-code and engine myself, I could be completely off, and they will just fix it with a patch. Either way, it is on their radar, they've responded in other threads about this one.

• Wiki Editor

@Hawkshield said in no progression:

I hope, even with more added critters to KP, would it withstand years of playing?

They planned in first place to make a progression of abilities, like ranks.
    That was meaning, the first rank of an ability you get fast, but to progress it, it will need much more time.
    In which kind they will do it, isn't clear yet, because of need to stay at a horizontal progressing.
    But you will get some kind of Ability Progression, that keeps you way longer playing, than just to get the first unlocked skills just from killing creatures.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Hawkshield said in no progression:

that and the fact I just learned the hard way, after you max out a mob type in KP, you cease to gain anymore KP from said creature. So eventually its a hard dead end in gaining KP and after an extended period of time and exposure, you will eventually "run out" of making any kind of progress, then what's left but harvesting and pvp. That's quite disenchanting to me, a non progressive persistent world.

I don't have a problem with not getting KP from mobs after a certain point. That is like mobs being to low for you, to gain xp from them, in an mmo. Plus in most mmo's you reach a max level

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured