Religions

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Hey,maybe it's too early to ask this but i was wondering if the gods are just for lore purposes or if they are gonna be expanded, i would love to see my character being chosen as champion of Tyros or at least like a reputation system (e.g. Baldurs Gate ) where your actions define and alter how the npcs react to your character.
    Just imagine out of nothing a voices booms through the skies ,and you are bestowed a quest to gain the favor of Tyros,of course before that happens you will need to be in line with what they represent. So what do you think?

• Community Manager

@juan514 You will be able to pledge yourself to a god and receive blessings and divine spells in return. 😉

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

any detail about the gods? what kind of spell they can give you

• Community Manager

@blackhoke Not yet. More details will come in a future spotlight.

@specter Oh that just sounds great ,thanks

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hopefully divine spells aren't skewed in their usefulness and everyone ends up worshiping the god of war to get an advantage in battle or the god of crafting to craft the best gear. 😕

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

A good thing would be to see blessings and divine spells balanced along other skills in order to keep them in the game and not to become just a gimmick.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@vesterouge Maybe like, god of hunting gives extra dmg against animals but less against humans and other such creatures

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter said in Religions:

@blackhoke Not yet. More details will come in a future spotlight.

I'm waiting 🤤

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Yes, I always thought Gods should have more of an impact in fantasy MMOs! I mean, from, alignment bonuses and punishments as well, all the way to special challenges that once conquered grant you the right to champion in the god's name, along with some unique thematic abilities/perks only available to champions of that particular god that grow or diminish in power according to how well you actions serve your god. Also, having NPCs react to your religious alignment accordingly. There's plenty of immersion gimmicks to explore here, and plenty of fun to be had! 😄

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Existing game documentation (Spotlights etc.) confirm that choice of god affects gameplay. I think it might give stats boosts, god-specific Talents, increased damage / resistance against certain kinds of enemies, etc.

Chances are that both beastmen and humans have a god who hates undead, gives the Turn Undead spell, etc.

I would ask for a 'faith' system where behaving according to the ways of the main worshipped god, e. g. for beast-people behaving peacefully, greeting other and not attacking anyone and anything in sight unprovoked is rewarded by this god, so that the character is protected by his god in his home realm, when instead of fighting he turns to praying to his deity. If he has proven his faith before, then he is protected, if he tried to pk himself, a peaceful god would not protect him. If one wishes to join in the fight, praying later should not be an option anymore to escape from a fight. In that way you can add a role-playing component, where choices matter and add a protection for players who wish to avoid pvp at all cost, but have to behave more in consent with their protective deity. Respectively, in the demon world deities or archdemons of chaos and destruction would support their aggressive, backstabbing followers with buffs for fighting, as this is their realm and the other gods have no saying there.

This would help with the PK debate as well as adding some roleplaying flair.

@severinus Maybe that protection of the god can come as a player that it is the champion of the god,so instead of a "godly protection" that depends only in your faith/reputation with that god it will also be needed a champion to respond to his call(for that champion this will mean a reputation boost or a reward ),and boom out of nowhere in a blinding ray of light , Auberon ,champion of Tyros has heard your call , you will not be left alone against the death that should befall on you ,because you have believed faithfully in Tyros ,now i shall protect you ,for thy is his will.
    Or something like that.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@juan514 I like this one... give champions a global ability similar to League of Legend's Shen... so the champions get a warning signal whenever a peaceful player is attacked and they can shield him and teleport to their location to aid them in the fight. Perhaps limit the number of champions that can get there, to the number of daemons in the region the victim has been assaulted. Also refusing to respond to the call as a champion, if you are on-line, would result in loos off favor with the God. I think it would be a cool mechanic.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

but the god can be changed in a second moment?

@blackhoke said in Religions:

but the god can be changed in a second moment?

You probably have to show a lot more devotion to your new god, before reaching a similar standing as you had with a god you worshipped all your lifetime and showed constant devotion by following his/her ideals.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@BlackHoke I guess that if you can change who you worship at any moment, they could add a sort of cool-down on faith abilities/powers when you switch, cool-down duration based on your reputation level with the deity, and time spent worshipping it previously.

Could "atheist" Edit: Wrong word, but the best I could find [a-:without ; theist:god] God not chosen/do not want to choose one - be an option then ? I do not know.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@vesterouge from an immersion perspective, atheist (meaning does not believe gods exist) is quite dumb in a world where gods manifest themselves. On the other hand, you could have neutral players who choose not to worship any gods. Perhaps this will grant them the opportunity to trade with people of all religions unhindered by the quarrels among gods. As for their ability kit... they could simply choose to fill their bar with skills that are not related to a certain god.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

wy so many gods?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@luzsion said in Religions:

wy so many gods?

Polytheism is better and more realistic than monotheism. why should the players praise a single deity?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured