Player bounty boards (PVP)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah killers only. No point to punish someone offering a work. Would be easier to develop. If you make free bounties for all you must suggest also a system to prevent players to start no sense bounty (Just for fun or rancor). I don't like too much choice and liberty. I don't wanna risk to have a bounty on my head for no reasons. Pkers/gankers mostly enjoy killing players so they should enjoy also defend themself from bounty hunters. Cowboy Beebop!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@jetah killers only. No point to punish someone offering a work. Would be easier to develop. If you make free bounties for all you must suggest also a system to prevent players to start no sense bouny. (Just for fun or rancor). I don like too much choice and liberty. I don't wanna risk to have a bounty on my head for no reasons.

where's the fun in a "no sense bounty"?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah What do you mean? Do you enjoy just for fun bounties? That would be a good reason to have an alignment restrinction.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah But it makes no sense thematically either, a beastman wouldnt put a bounty on another beastman. Also scams are scams, thats something the devs will have to intervene in. A scam is not a trade. If you used an exploit, which is the case for 95% of scams, then u get banned or suspended. It has nothing to do with 'getting revenge' in game lol. And as others have already stated, once people start finding out that those asking for contracts are leaking info on trade routes, its their reputation that goes to the shit. A smart person is clever and doesnt burn future customers. Thats just bad business.

@jetah said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

@jetah killers only. No point to punish someone offering a work. Would be easier to develop. If you make free bounties for all you must suggest also a system to prevent players to start no sense bouny. (Just for fun or rancor). I don like too much choice and liberty. I don't wanna risk to have a bounty on my head for no reasons.

where's the fun in a "no sense bounty"?

Thats what gankers and pker's are? Kill to be an ass? lol

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs

you're thinking of a legal reward for the capture of someone. example of FBI's most wanted or crime stoppers. I'm thinking of a bounty that is illegal, one that anyone can place a hit on anyone else with enough money.

if good aligned players are exempt then they'll be the scammers in the city. and they'll get no retaliation because they'll always be good aligned.

Can't you get exiled from your planet if you commit to many crimes or something? So they won't always be good aligned if they act wrong, right?

@finland You've never played a joke on someone before? I've played a few million bounty on my friends in Eve Online. it doesn't hurt them though if they die someone gets a little extra.

You see the alignment as a character divide. I see beyond the game and see the person sitting at the keyboard. just because the character is good doesn't mean the person is.

@Miffi Scams happen all the time. in Eve Online scams aren't disciplined by the developers, they actually encourage scams. example: I list a blueprint copy (which has limited build amounts) in a contract. I write on the title it's a blueprint original (which has unlimited build amounts). it's up to you to inspect it to see if it's a real copy or original. that isn't an exploit, it's a scam. If I'm selling a piece of gear for 500g and i post said item on a website, someone could pm me saying they want to buy said item for 50g. I can acknowledge the incorrect price of 50 or state it's 500. Depending on how many PMs i'm getting, how busy I am or I just have 50+ items on the market, I could forget the actual price and sell it for 50. that's a scam, not an exploit.

yes, its possible to burn some bridges with contracts and being jumped but there are new players joining all the time which wont know about it. at that point you just delete the character and start over or switch to an alt or have an alt post it while you jump them on your human/demon character.

@Benseine if you turn evil you can be exiled but that's if you kill the wrong people. however merchant/trade/gold scams aren't killing people. There wouldn't be an alignment change with that. The dev's also mentioned it would take a while to get your alignment changed. Lets say it'd take a year. So you could do a whole years worth of killing before you're considered evil. Whether it's a game year or real year is unknown.

I just want everyone to understand that it shouldn't be up to the developers to stop people that scam (not exploit). Yes, exploits should be fixed and some punishment should happen. Also understand that having a bounty system only apply to 1 alignment will suck for game play not to mention there would be no penalty to scam. a person wanting to scam should have some knowledge or fear that they could have a bounty placed on them. A beastkin could be good aligned but that doesn't mean the person behind the keyboard is the same. I'm actually a good and nice person, despite how I act here. I do like to argue, discuss(?), only to point out alternative view points.

Not to mention if bots can have bounties placed.. well i guess their bosses would claim that, nevermind.

As many have mentioned ganking, it's a pvp game. there isn't any formal, instanced, arena that we can join to have consented pvp. The whole planet is our arena. by playing the game in unprotected areas (i'm thinking outside of the zones that demons can't reach) you're consenting to pvp, that's a major point of the game.

Beastkin can very well invade the demon planet if they choose, which i'd invite them to do so. It's going to get pretty stale if it's just the demons invading the beastkin planet. Think of it as a purge of the evil that threatens your planet. make it a monthly event! if it's popular enough, DS could make it an official event.

I'll also encourage everyone to not fear pvp. it's actually a better challenge than any AI could give.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu

you say that like no one has ever been scammed. if there is a way to anyone to scam another it'll be used. don't be so naive. if there's no retaliation, even on Arboreus, the amount of scams will be huge.

I can't see the developers offering 2 systems one for Arboreus and 1 for the other 2 planets.

Sandbox games should have the population setup to handle the affairs of the game with some extreme cases being directed to the developers.

bounties on beastmen could be an attraction for demons and humans to invade. sure the beastkin couldn't do something but that doesn't mean they're completely immune. a bountied beastmen could head to the human planet and be killed thus the bounty is collected.

Lorewise, a Beastman putting a bounty on another good Beastman would likely be considered an act of evil. If such option exists, there will be grave repercussions.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland You've never played a joke on someone before? I've played a few million bounty on my friends in Eve Online. it doesn't hurt them though if they die someone gets a little extra.

That's not a joke tho. That's just something unfair. Funny things are those that both sides enjoy. A joke is just a kiddish attitude

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I just want everyone to understand that it shouldn't be up to the developers to stop people that scam (not exploit). Yes, exploits should be fixed and some punishment should happen. Also understand that having a bounty system only apply to 1 alignment will suck for game play not to mention there would be no penalty to scam. a person wanting to scam should have some knowledge or fear that they could have a bounty placed on them. A beastkin could be good aligned but that doesn't mean the person behind the keyboard is the same. I'm actually a good and nice person, despite how I act here. I do like to argue, discuss(?), only to point out alternative view points.

You don't get it by me. Bounties are made to reduce th crime not to make it grow. Players could get bored of getting bounties. Scammer will be punished in some other ways! If i tell you to kill someone and you do it it's normal that you will be punished more tha me ;). Attitude rules! No killers no bounties no gank

@jetah exploits are an issue with pretty much everything attached to PvP. I can see this being done correctly, but there is always someone with a bright idea. No way around it. Just need a good beta period with deviously honest players.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'll also encourage everyone to not fear pvp. it's actually a better challenge than any AI could give.

Players have no fear about pvp! You have to get it, the problem is between the grind ad the full loot. It's like wasting time. PvP is funny tho many players like me enjoys it but grind to lose things it's something that make people rage quit. Some kids enjoys to make someone quit the game (sad way to enjoy a game). to me things like this look like bullies at school that must be punished. You can pvp by avoiding ganks that would be perfect. How? Resources zone safe and paths between all city safe. If someone wants to pvp can go to pvp areas or tartaros. Otherwise it's fair to super punish killers 😉 remeber what kills a game. So don't think just for you side. 3 planets open for ganks would be unfair! In a MOBA (for example) you don't have the problem of ganks cause you have just to do pvp and you are concentrate only on that plus you dont lose things. Here instead you will have to do many thing and you lose things. If you get ganked in a moba it's only because you suck and you have a bad map awareness. You will be up to siege on syndesia and you will be allowe to gank on tartaros (players have to come there).

@Miffi Scams happen all the time. in Eve Online scams aren't disciplined by the developers, they actually encourage scams. example: I list a blueprint copy (which has limited build amounts) in a contract. I write on the title it's a blueprint original (which has unlimited build amounts). it's up to you to inspect it to see if it's a real copy or original. that isn't an exploit, it's a scam. If I'm selling a piece of gear for 500g and i post said item on a website, someone could pm me saying they want to buy said item for 50g. I can acknowledge the incorrect price of 50 or state it's 500. Depending on how many PMs i'm getting, how busy I am or I just have 50+ items on the market, I could forget the actual price and sell it for 50. that's a scam, not an exploit.

yes, its possible to burn some bridges with contracts and being jumped but there are new players joining all the time which wont know about it. at that point you just delete the character and start over or switch to an alt or have an alt post it while you jump them on your human/demon character.

You havent really address the issue im pointing out though. If you get 'scammed' because yu werent watching your trade properly where you actually have to click YES, then you kind of deserved to lose out. Thats not quite the same as some random prick (most likely a demon, lets be honest - not saying all of them will be, but the demon playstyle does draw a certain type of person) wants to just ruin someone elses game. Thats the abuse and 'scam' that most people would rather avoid. Yes, means beastkin dont have to worry about that, but thats why they are playing beastkin in the first place, they want to avoid as much griefing and ganking in the first place. I'm not scared of pvp, i played BDO when it was good, at the start when pvp meant % loss at hard cap. I thrived in that game. But you saw a pattern of those who liked to 'pvp' only liked it when they knew they were stronger and were going to win. The second they saw they couldnt they ran away. I dont enjoy gankers and griefer and thats what that system would mostly be used for if evil aligned were allowed to.

@miffi said in Player bounty boards (PVP):

aligned

Unfortunately that is true and has been the downfall for many PVP centered games. If you lose your beastmen community because of some grievers, you will soon lose these pvp-ers as well, when there is barely anyone to grieve left. As soon as the game empties, it is dying. Unless you provide a reasonable protection of lower-level pve players against high-level pvp players, the game will run into problems. Creating a skill or level cap which prohibits pvp-ers to attack anyone with less skills or lower combat levels wihtin their safe home domain might be an option.

@vengu lore wise a beastmen would never scam another but lore vs what happens in game will be different.

@Mazikar but i'm not talking about exploits, i'm talking about a scam.

@Finland how will scams be reduced within the beastkin community is a bounty can't be placed on them? How will a scammer be punished (outside of DS) by the community. At best you spam chat saying player xxx is a scammer don't trade. then that player just changes characters. It's possible that a max amount could be placed on a good aligned character then after so much is placed the NPC guards could carry out the sentence or the player can be exiled.

@Miffi I agree that if i'm not watching the trade carefully then it's my fault (assuming i'm being scammed). You played BDO knowing you could be ganked right and that it was part of the game. That's how I see Fractured. If you're outside of any protection (cities, villages, etc) then you should expect a pvp encounter. it's like being in a war and not expecting bombs to be dropped or guns to be fired or IDE hidden under the surface. @Finland this applies to you also.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah no man just avoid scammers in guild easy!

@finland players will trade outside of a guild.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah not in my guild ;). Kick is easy peasy 😉

@jetah not in my guild ;). Kick is easy peasy 😉

who would join a guild where they can't trade outside of the guild? i know i wouldn't.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah treaties beween guilds 😉 people can sell things in ah easy ;). A guild means work together for eachother not to make money for a personal income.

Internal economy is something tha save a guild 😉

@jetah But BDO was different, there was no PvE race where people who played there didnt want much to do with PvP. Completely different scenario. In BDO you played knowing this, you would be involved in PvP and that was completely the game. There was no PvE race or section of that game and everyone consented to that once they played. Here you are trying to involve people who dont want pvp, go a race and area that is specifically designed to not have much, if any, just so you can mess with them. Lol... thats very different.

Also in the case of changing name, just have a system where their account name is permanent.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured