Evasion is currently useless in its current state

• TF#10 - CONSUL

At the moment, I am able to reach over 600 evasion with inspire, yet it is effectively no different than being 0 in PvP.

If you are stunned, you cannot dodge attacks. The issue with this is currently the meta for melee is centered around abilities like Bash, Shockwave. and Word of Power: Stun, which all currently disregard evasion and have no diminishing returns. Meaning, in a battle, you can be stunned immediately by an ability that you cannot dodge with evasion, and then all subsequent melee hits will be guaranteed to land on you. Not to mention that critical strikes cannot be evaded, nor many spells.

• @Hathos

Not to mention that critical strikes cannot be evaded

You sure about that? It was stated by devs (quite long ago however) that Critical Damage can be evaded just as any other weapon hit. Only change should be that crit damage is counted only from base weapon damage - no longer stacks with other damage bonuses (Strength, Melee Damage Increase, etc).

But being raped by stun sure sucks, I hope some kind of "stun breaker" or "hard CC breaker" ability / craftable item will be added to the game, or PvP will be "who stuns first" fight.

nor many spells.

Works as intended - only spells with Evasion save can be evaded, Fortify and Willsave dependant spells are unnafected.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@asspirin I was going off https://fractured.gamepedia.com/Critical_Chance where it says "Critical strikes cannot be evaded."

• Wiki Editor

@Hathos said in Evasion is currently useless in its current state:

@asspirin I was going off https://fractured.gamepedia.com/Critical_Chance where it says "Critical strikes cannot be evaded."

My guess is they have an attack table something like:

Is it a miss?
    Did defender evade?
    Did defender block?
    Is it a crit?
    normal hit

So if crit check is after evade check, it would make sense crits can't be evaded.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Hathos said in Evasion is currently useless in its current state:

At the moment, I am able to reach over 600 evasion with inspire, yet it is effectively no different than being 0 in PvP.
    If you are stunned, you cannot dodge attacks. The issue with this is currently the meta for melee is centered around abilities like Bash, Shockwave. and Word of Power: Stun, which all currently disregard evasion and have no diminishing returns. Meaning, in a battle, you can be stunned immediately by an ability that you cannot dodge with evasion, and then all subsequent melee hits will be guaranteed to land on you.

Yes, that's yet another issue with the current excessive power level of stuns. We have a big balancing patch coming next week that will address it 🙂

@asspirin @Hathos @kellewic crits can be dodged, I removed it from the wiki 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured